Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Just got the battery and the battery door button doesn't come up high enough to snap the battery door into place. The battery IS higher than the OEM and it DOES hump-up the door near the button so that the button opening is not flush. Resorted to scotch tape slivers on either side of the camera/speaker pod to keep the door from sliding out. Thanks, Seidio, for a great design!
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoHappy View Post
    Disaster,

I didn't intend to exagerate. Apparently the way I phrased that paragraph was confusing. I was not talking about the time difference between the stock battery and the Seidio, which I certainly would expect to be significant, which is why I purchased the battery in the first place.

I was responding to another user who was glad that Seidio use every square nanometer of space to get more battery life. To which I meant to convey that, Seidio would be better off cutting back on the bulk of the battery slightly to ensure it fit properly, and the difference in battery life for one that fit properly, verse one that didn't, couldn't be more than a few minutes.

I am kind of disappointed that we haven't heard back from Seidio yet on this issue. Hopefully they are busy formulating a plan to provide a battery that fits the tolerances of the Treos in circulation, instead of cutting it quite so close.
    We are in the final stages of a solution and should be able to announce something by next week.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    We are in the final stages of a solution and should be able to announce something by next week.

Thanks

Wanting to make sure this thread doesn't fade away, and state that I look forward Seidio's announcement of a solution this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoHappy View Post
    Wanting to make sure this thread doesn't fade away, and state that I look forward Seidio's announcement of a solution this week.
    Ditto

Thanks

Will you offer another promo like TR755BAT when you have cleared up this issue? I want a battery but I dont want to have a door that is hard to open...I have long nails so thats not a good mix.

Thanks
    So I'm guessing that those of us who bought the first battery batch will have the option to exchange it for the new one that Seidio is going to announce next week? Is that right?

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    So I'm guessing that those of us who bought the first battery batch will have the option to exchange it for the new one that Seidio is going to announce next week? Is that right?

Al
    I hope so.....
    I rarely need it...would just use it as a backup in situations where I find I have to use the net a lot and can't get to a charger...like at some airports.

Is there a charging base that will keep the spare battery charged like with the old 650's and will the Seido 2100 battery fit?
  9.    #129  
    I use the Palm battery charger. It actually charges the batteries more than the Treo does- 99% as opposed to 98%. The neat thing about the battery charger is that all the batteries fit in it- with the 3200 mAh you can't close the top but it still charges. When it is done charging it is a good carrying case for the OEM Battery or the 2100 mAh- it won't close on the 3200 mAh as I mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathearder View Post
    I use the Palm battery charger. It actually charges the batteries more than the Treo does- 99% as opposed to 98%. The neat thing about the battery charger is that all the batteries fit in it- with the 3200 mAh you can't close the top but it still charges. When it is done charging it is a good carrying case for the OEM Battery or the 2100 mAh- it won't close on the 3200 mAh as I mentioned.
    Another vote here for that Palm-branded battery charger. I'd say it's the best accessory they've made in several years - works perfectly, dual usage as a carrying case, and it's actually priced as though it weren't plated with gold like most of their other stuff (for a good laugh see the price of their 256MB SD cards).

Also, because it plugs into the "standard" (at least for this year) Palm power connector, you can easily plug it in and charge the battery from a car charger - better than leaving your Treo unattended if you've run out of juice on the road and need to recharge enroute.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    I hear Crickets.

Thanks
    I wonder if Seidio meant by week's end (Saturday), or by the end of the work week (Friday), or sometime during this week.

I can only think of three options, but maybe they have come up with more to be worked out.

1. Create a slightly thinner battery, and offer a free replacement (including both shipping the new battery to, and the old battery from customers) for anyone who has this problem.

2. Provide a battery door that fits, with an exact paint match, and which doesn't add any additional bulk or thickness to the 755, offered it at no charge to owners affected.

3. Simply do nothing and provide refunds, and pay for return shipping, for anyone affected.
    We apologize for the issues some of you are having with our new 2100mAh battery. To eliminate any problems in the future, we're in the process of manufacturing a battery door that will handle the small tolerance differences in each phone. It will not add any bulk to your device and will be available in both blue and burgundy. As soon as they're available we will let you know so we can get one out to you.

We do ask that you not call customer service. Here is the process we've set up for aquiring a complementary door.

Please email the following information to SRQT@seidio.com:

Subject Line: Request for Treo 755 2100mAh Battery Door
    Name:
    Phone Number:
    Address:
    Battery Order Number*:
    Color (Blue or Burgundy):
    Notes:

*If your Treo 755 2100mAh battery was not ordered through SeidioOnline.com, please attach a copy of your invoice."

If you have any other questions, please post them in this thread and I will do my best to answer them.

Your input is always valuable to us and we appreciate your business.

Thanks
    I just sent my request in.

Thank you for your offer – This is customer service at its best – Thank You again!

Steve
    Seidio,

That sounds like an excellent solution, and is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    Thanks for the offer.
    Now that everything is solved- Can you add another code for the members who wanted for the issue to be resolved before ordering the battery? I want one now...thanks in advance.
    It will not add any bulk to your device and will be available in both blue and burgundy. As soon as they're available we will let you know so we can get one out to you.
    Will the doors be exactly the same color and same rubberized paint as the factory one?

Can anyone with one of the other seido batteries that has a seido door tell us if the paint is in fact the same?
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad View Post
    Another vote here for that Palm-branded battery charger. I'd say it's the best accessory they've made in several years - works perfectly, dual usage as a carrying case, and it's actually priced as though it weren't plated with gold like most of their other stuff (for a good laugh see the price of their 256MB SD cards).

Also, because it plugs into the "standard" (at least for this year) Palm power connector, you can easily plug it in and charge the battery from a car charger - better than leaving your Treo unattended if you've run out of juice on the road and need to recharge enroute.
    Just a question for you guys who are doting on the palm battery charger... If you charge a battery and then leave it in there unplugged will the battery hold a charge??? If so how long???
    I got my battery yesterday, and it fits well enough for me. The button for the battery door is not quite flush like it used to be, but the door is snug and secure. Ain't no way it's gonna fall off!
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast