Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    The fit is tight on mine, but the button does pop up and the cover does stay locked down . . . . . ..
    does it pop up to where it is flush with the cover?

I would say with the seido in the button pops up about half way. With the palm battery it pops up all the way and it is flush with the cover.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregnauman View Post
    does it pop up to where it is flush with the cover?

I would say with the seido in the button pops up about half way. With the palm battery it pops up all the way and it is flush with the cover.

You are correct -- the button pops up only half way with the 2100 mAh in. . . . but as I said . . ..it is on and locked. I am glad they used every nano meter of space they could take to make it a 2100 mAh rather than possibly only a 2000 mAh.

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    You are correct -- the button pops up only half way with the 2100 mAh in. . . . but as I said . . ..it is on and locked. I am glad they used every nano meter of space they could take to make it a 2100 mAh rather than possibly only a 2000 mAh.

Cheers, Perry.
    Closely looking at mine, and several other 755s, it's pretty obvious to me that if the latch button is not fully popped up into position, then your door is not locked in place either. The friction of the door's foam insert against the battery, and extremely tight fit, is what is keeping your door from falling off. A little downward pressure will likely pop your door off too, or worse, break it. This certainly is not a problem when the door is properly latched in place, with a battery that fits the space.

Resetting the 755 will be a real pain with this battery. Without an accessible reset button on the 755, removing and replacing the battery cover is a real problem with this battery. Even if you don't care about the door being properly latched, there is a risk of breaking the door after a reset, with the amount of pressure required just to get the door close to locking in place. Somehow, I don't think getting replacement doors are going to be easy for our colored 755s

I have a hard time being glad to gain an extra two or three minutes of battery life with this problem this battery causes. It seems it might not even be the bulk of the battery itself, but the ill fitting wrapper around the battery. It's that close to fitting. But if you are glad for those extra couple minutes, that's great!

I personally feel that $60 is a premium to pay for this battery, and I expected to get a properly engineered product for that money. I've had good past experiences with Seidio products, but this product is obviously flawed. It simply doesn't fit in the intended available space.

I believe Seidio is a good, up standing company. I expect they will recognize this flaw, and will make good. I'll be patiently waiting for their response to this situation here, or will simply return it for a refund if they don't.

We shouldn't sugar coat this issue. Potential buyers browsing here should be warned that this is definitely not a properly fitting, drop in replacement, for the OEM battery. I bought it after reading someone here state the door fit the same as when using the OEM battery, (the first message in this thread I think) but it simply doesn't. The door slides on and off easily with the OEM, but this battery requires a good amount of force, at the risk of breaking the door, to just get it close to latching shut. That is not the same to me.

PRGeno
    Last edited by TreoHappy; 07/28/2007 at 01:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by onekoolfella View Post
    The battery on my Treo 755P when I first got it was fine. Not as great as the Treo 650 but was ok. I used PTunes and let the battery drain. Then reconnected the power to the phone to let the battery charge. It would charge up to 100% but soon as I disconnect the power, it drops down to 97%.

So I was thinking about getting the Seidio 2100mAh battery but what I'm reading so far, it may or may not make a difference.
    Mine does exactly the same thing with the OEM or the SEIDO battery.
    It will say 100% and the second I unplug it says 97%
    I was really debating on this battery until reading the opinions here. I guess I will have to wait and HOPE seidio will address the fit issue with this battery or that someone else makes a battery that truly fits and gives 25% more juice/power.
  6.    #106  
    Ms. Randall not everyone is unhappy with the battery and the fit. I have been very happy with mine and so have others. It seems to vary, and perhaps there is a difference in the build of the phone. This is not sugar coating but fact. My door snaps on fine with the extended battery- there is a teeny weeny difference in the button height but it fills the button hole. I do not have to use any force to get the door on. Actually I find it hard sometimes to get the door on with the OEM battery lol. This may be a case of YMMV.
    Hello guys & gals, as most of you know...I've had NO problems with Seidio products, especially their batteries. I highly recommend them to you all, I found out there is a promo going on for TC members, here's the info:

Seidio will run a promotion/discount for T/C members this week. (7/30-8/5)

They are for Treo 755 2100 mah and 3200 mah extended battery.

The discount code is TR755BAT
    that's a 15% off!
    www.seidioonline.com

Enjoy the juice!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathearder View Post
    Ms. Randall not everyone is unhappy with the battery and the fit. I have been very happy with mine and so have others. It seems to vary, and perhaps there is a difference in the build of the phone. This is not sugar coating but fact. My door snaps on fine with the extended battery- there is a teeny weeny difference in the button height but it fills the button hole. I do not have to use any force to get the door on. Actually I find it hard sometimes to get the door on with the OEM battery lol. This may be a case of YMMV.
    My experience has been the same as Cathearder's. I've been using the 2100 mAh battery for a few weeks now, and I've been very happy with the increased battery life. The fit on the back cover is tight, but it latches just fine on my phone. Also, Zlauncher has a "Soft Reset" function, so I don't have to remove my battery to soft reset my Treo.

TMann
    Sprint Centro owner
    Quote Originally Posted by TMann View Post
    Also, Zlauncher has a "Soft Reset" function, so I don't have to remove my battery to soft reset my Treo.

TMann
    Unless your Treo freezes...
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Unless your Treo freezes...
    True. Thankfully, my 755p has been pretty stable...so far.

TMann
    Sprint Centro owner
  11.    #111  
    I take my door off every day as I rotate my batteries. I have the occasional soft reset, and again no problem with it. I can only speculate that it has to do with the phone build itself.
    I am thrilled with my new battery.

The original battery was just a bit short on juice to make it comfortably through the day. And with the original battery, my battery cover was loose and kept popping off by itself.

The Seidio 2100 solved both problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Seidio will run a promotion/discount for T/C members this week. (7/30-8/5)

They are for Treo 755 2100 mah and 3200 mah extended battery.

The discount code is TR755BAT
    that's a 15% off!
    www.seidioonline.com
    Man, I was soooo tempted to pick up a couple just to be rid of the "6PM dead Treo 755" Syndrome. But even with the discount and by purchasing multiples, they're $58 apiece shipped. Ouch.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoHappy View Post
    I have a hard time being glad to gain an extra two or three minutes of battery life with this problem this battery causes.
    PRGeno
    I agree with you on being concerned with the fit and the price seems way high for only a 25% boost.

Your arguments stand well enough that you don't have to exaggerate the minutes down to 2 or 3. The 755 is rated at about 4 hours of talk time with the standard battery. You should get an extra hour with the Seido battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaster View Post
    I agree with you on being concerned with the fit and the price seems way high for only a 25% boost.

Your arguments stand well enough that you don't have to exaggerate the minutes down to 2 or 3. The 755 is rated at about 4 hours of talk time with the standard battery. You should get an extra hour with the Seido battery.

Disaster,

I didn't intend to exagerate. Apparently the way I phrased that paragraph was confusing. I was not talking about the time difference between the stock battery and the Seidio, which I certainly would expect to be significant, which is why I purchased the battery in the first place.

I was responding to another user who was glad that Seidio use every square nanometer of space to get more battery life. To which I meant to convey that, Seidio would be better off cutting back on the bulk of the battery slightly to ensure it fit properly, and the difference in battery life for one that fit properly, verse one that didn't, couldn't be more than a few minutes.

I am kind of disappointed that we haven't heard back from Seidio yet on this issue. Hopefully they are busy formulating a plan to provide a battery that fits the tolerances of the Treos in circulation, instead of cutting it quite so close.
    Last edited by TreoHappy; 07/30/2007 at 06:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoHappy View Post
    Disaster,

I didn't intend to exagerate. Apparently the way I phrased that paragraph was confusing. I was not talking about the time difference between the stock battery and the Seidio, which I certainly would expect to be significant, which is why I purchased the battery in the first place.

I was responding to another user who was glad that Seidio use every square nanometer of space to get more battery life. To which I meant to convey that, Seidio would be better off cutting back on the bulk of the battery slightly to ensure it fit properly, and the difference in battery life for one that fit properly, verse one that didn't, couldn't be more than a few minutes.

I am kind of disappointed that we haven't heard back from Seidio yet on this issue. Hopefully they are busy formulating a plan to provide a battery that fits the tolerances of the Treos in circulation, instead of cutting it quite so close.
    Losing a few minutes to make it fit would probably be a better way to go. I have found a lot of variation in soft covered LiIon batteries. I wonder if you could partly remove the cover to get a good fit (not that you should have to do that....but it might be a workable kludge.)
    I was the nanometer responder. . . . . . more of a philosophical comment, than a technical one. . . . . . . Seidio has always tried to cram the most power into the space available . . . . . .

Are Lithium Ion batteries like a loaf of bread? Do you just slice off the amount you need? Or are there size increments to be dealt with?

Anyway, either way. . . . my cover fits back on snug . . . but it does fit back on.

Cheers, Perry.
    I just got mine in the mail... It says "prior to inserting into your battery into your phone allow 8 hours for an initial charging time"

Does that mean you need a separate battery charger? Cuz i dont have one... what do i do?
    Put it in your Treo before you go to bed and let it charge overnight.
    Charging mine now... Battery door button didnt pop quite flush but its really not very noticeable... Update on the power charge later...