Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    I recieved mine today from treocentral store. I installed it and the same thing. The door closes and slides all the way up, but the button does not fully pop out flush with the cover like the OEM battery does. I do not think it is fully latched as I do not hear a click. Seems just a tad bit too thick at the bottom near the door button.

Siedo is there a fix for this?
  2.    #82  
    I have had this battery for over a month now. I have not had any problems with the door falling off, but I generally use either a leather case or a crystal case on it. I love my battery although I have now ordered a 3200 mAh battery- you can never have too much battery power.
    Same here...NO problems at all, just a great battery that lasts a long time.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  4.    #84  
    rev I remember you got the 3200 mAh battery. Did you get a case for it with that battery?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathearder View Post
    rev I remember you got the 3200 mAh battery. Did you get a case for it with that battery?
    Seidio offers the rubberized case custom design to fit 755 with 3200 battery.
    Yes, I got the rubber case. fits right on, & protects it well.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  7.    #87  
    Good. That is what I ordered to go along with the battery. I thought you had said you had gotten that and liked it. Thanks Sedio- I had just ordered it and wanted to be sure I had gotten the right case. I ordered the Vertical Case for it too. My understanding is that the rubber case fits that from what it says online. I am excited!
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    I really wish Seidio would address this issue. Its almost like they need to make it a 2000mah battery so it fits right. I realize its not a huge problem, and the door mostly fits and stays put, it still bothers me and I doubt I will purchase one if they don't fix it. I will probably just go with a 2nd Palm branded battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
    I really wish Seidio would address this issue. Its almost like they need to make it a 2000mah battery so it fits right. I realize its not a huge problem, and the door mostly fits and stays put, it still bothers me and I doubt I will purchase one if they don't fix it. I will probably just go with a 2nd Palm branded battery.
    its not a big issue-- not even an issue, in my opinion

SEIDIO sent me one for review, it's a snug fit.. will not fall off.

Go ahead and try to force it off with the OEM battery- it will also slide off.

its a rubberdized "slippery" problem, and in my opinion not bc of the thickness
    Last edited by trim81; 07/26/2007 at 09:52 AM.
  10.    #90  
    I agree with what Trim said which I also stated earlier in this thread. It really is not an issue. I can't tell which battery is in there when I look at the back, and my door has never fallen off. You can hear it click into place. As Trim said there is no diff with the OEM battery- you can force it off that one too. I am totally satisfied with the way the battery fits.
    i took the foam off of mine. fits fine now~
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathearder View Post
    I agree with what Trim said which I also stated earlier in this thread. It really is not an issue. I can't tell which battery is in there when I look at the back, and my door has never fallen off. You can hear it click into place. As Trim said there is no diff with the OEM battery- you can force it off that one too. I am totally satisfied with the way the battery fits.
    I'm afraid I have to strongly disagree with both of you. This is a real problem, that should be addressed by Seidio. I'm actually shocked that a Siedio rep posted here about another product of theirs, without even acknowledging the surrounding discussion of this obviously widespread problem.

The Treo's battery door simply does not snap back on properly. If you use a leather case, it may not matter, but many of us don't. If there is any downward pressure, on the naked Treo backside, the door will slide off, because it is in fact not latched in place. The only thing holding it on is the friction of the foam pad against the battery.

This is a definite flaw in the design. It's close to working, but it doesn't. It is not acceptable for a drop in replacement product, let alone one priced at the very top of the scale in it's product class.
  13.    #93  
    Treo it seems that some have had what you are stating, but it is not the case for me. My door snaps on and it has never indicated to me it would fall off, I hear it snap the same way the OEM does. Mine latches in place however, even with the OEM it is possible to pull the door off if you really try. I have a Burgundy Treo that I ordered the first day they came out. Maybe some have a deeper battery well- I dunno.
    Mine doesn't actually snap on like it does with the OEM battery, but at the same time, it requires so much force to slide off that I'm not all that concerned that the cover will come off. I don't use my 755p with a case either.
    I dont agree with them either. I just got my 755P 3 days ago. The OEM battery when in the TREO fits perfect and the button is flush with the cover when installed.

When you have the seido battery installed the cover looks as though it is closed but the button does not sit flush with the back cover and the cover actually has a slight bit more gap in the very bottom near the sync cable plug.

If I look at the battery with the cover off, the battery is square (obviously) and sticks up just a little bit above the well on the bottom side.
    The cover is curved as you go to the bottom of the phone.
    This is why it does not sit flush enough for the button to be flush with the back cover.

I had a Treo 700P with the seido 2400mah battery and it did not have this problem.

Seido has posted responses to other posts in this thread so why is my question being igored I posted above?

Again, Seido is there a planned fix for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by gregnauman View Post
    I dont agree with them either. I just got my 755P 3 days ago. The OEM battery when in the TREO fits perfect and the button is flush with the cover when installed.

When you have the seido battery installed the cover looks as though it is closed but the button does not sit flush with the back cover and the cover actually has a slight bit more gap in the very bottom near the sync cable plug.

If I look at the battery with the cover off, the battery is square (obviously) and sticks up just a little bit above the well on the bottom side.
    The cover is curved as you go to the bottom of the phone.
    This is why it does not sit flush enough for the button to be flush with the back cover.

I had a Treo 700P with the seido 2400mah battery and it did not have this problem.

Seido has posted responses to other posts in this thread so why is my question being igored I posted above?

Again, Seido is there a planned fix for this?
    We've sold thousands of these batteries to date and have less than a handful of returns. The battery is a hair thicker than the standard, but as always we were trying to maximize the capacity in the given space. It is not possible (as someone mentioned above) to simply drop down to 2000mAh...the process is much more complicated than that. We're dealing with fractions of a mm here which means there are probably miniscule differences in each Treo, each battery, each door or all of the above. The door on our Treo 755p slid off easily without a battery installed. That being said, because our goal is always 100% customer satisfaction I'm going to have a meeting with our engineers to see if anything can be done. I'll post here as soon as I know something.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    We've sold thousands of these batteries to date and have less than a handful of returns. The battery is a hair thicker than the standard, but as always we were trying to maximize the capacity in the given space. It is not possible (as someone mentioned above) to simply drop down to 2000mAh...the process is much more complicated than that. We're dealing with fractions of a mm here which means there are probably miniscule differences in each Treo, each battery, each door or all of the above. The door on our Treo 755p slid off easily without a battery installed. That being said, because our goal is always 100% customer satisfaction I'm going to have a meeting with our engineers to see if anything can be done. I'll post here as soon as I know something.

Thanks
    Have them look at the thickness/corners on the end that is closest to the button or the bottom of the treo. The top seems OK but the bottom is where the treo starts to taper/is rounded off but the battery is square so it makes the battery look thicker at the bottom if you look at it from the side while it is installed in the treo.

Thanks for the response and I understand the situation.

Greg
    Last edited by gregnauman; 07/26/2007 at 08:09 PM.
    I also noticed that the cover is puffed out a very slight amount right at the top of it, below the speaker.
    I have this problem too. I put the 2100mAh battery in and the little square part at the bottom of the battery cover doesn't pop back up when I slide the battery cover back on. The battery cover comes off very easily with this 2100mAh battery in it. I just have to put my Treo down, pick it back up and the battery cover is sitting on the table instead of on my Treo. Any slight bump and the battery cover comes off. None of this happens with my OEM battery.
    The fit is tight on mine, but the button does pop up and the cover does stay locked down . . . . . ..
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast