Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    hated... I emailed seidio to ask them what they are going to do... especially since it is a known problem.
    i'll let you all know what they say.
    I also got one of the very first ones, perhaps they were able to wrap it tighter or something so it wasn't quite as bulky and the doors now fit? I don't know, but I do know that my door does not close with this battery and my door fell off twice today...

it's pretty embarassing when you pull your brand new, bad a$$ 755 out of your pocket and everyone looks and the door falls off like it is some p.o.s. from walmart. lmao.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00 View Post
    hated... I emailed seidio to ask them what they are going to do... especially since it is a known problem.
    i'll let you all know what they say.
    I also got one of the very first ones, perhaps they were able to wrap it tighter or something so it wasn't quite as bulky and the doors now fit? I don't know, but I do know that my door does not close with this battery and my door fell off twice today...

it's pretty embarassing when you pull your brand new, bad a$$ 755 out of your pocket and everyone looks and the door falls off like it is some p.o.s. from walmart. lmao.
    Sorry to hear this problem. We have shipped many 2100 mah batteries since we introduced it and this is the first time we know the door fell off.

Please call Margaret at 832-204-1112 on Monday. She will discuss the available options to you.
    I just got my battery from MTDN and I was afraid I may have the problem reported here but it fits just fine and I tend to be picky. Now charging and will report later.
    Last edited by TreoRock; 06/23/2007 at 08:38 PM.
    Treolo, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the 2100mah... does it suffice your needs?
    My initial thoughts on the Seidio 2100mAh battery

As you may know the first thing I did was to test how well this battery fit on my Treo once I put the battery cover on. Well, it does fit in there and I can hear the click sound that tells me it is somewhat locked. Though the battery seems to be putting some pressure against the battery door I don't think it will ever accidentally fall out.

After more than 8 hours of charging I tried it on Sunday, but with mild use because usually I don't get that many emails or IMs on Sunday and I was with the family having a great time out doors. However, I was surprised to see on Monday morning that my Treo was at 50% when it usually dies without been charge over night. So I left it out of the cradle until I went to lunch. So wow it is a really good investment.

One thing I've noticed is that it doesn't seem to charge all the way to 100% yet. I know it is suppose to take 5 to 6 charges to get its full potential.

About been snappier and the keyboard been brighter.... well.. I don't know about been way faster, but it does feel somewhat snappier. I do believe the keyboard looks brighter though, so yeah I highly recommend this battery.

I can't wait to test it on the weekend.

Al
    I have noticed that the moment I unplug the AC cord from my 755p, the battery meter goes from 100 percent to something like 97 percent. This seems a little strange.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
  7.    #67  
    Al, neither the OEM battery or the 2100mAh charge to 100% for me. The best I can get so far is 99% off my Palm battery charger, and 98% for both in my phone.
  8.    #68  
    Yep, Casey, except mine goes to 98% most of the time, occasionally 97% in the Treo. My batteries charge 1% more in the charger. I know someone who has a 680 who says he also only goes to 99%.
    The battery on my Treo 755P when I first got it was fine. Not as great as the Treo 650 but was ok. I used PTunes and let the battery drain. Then reconnected the power to the phone to let the battery charge. It would charge up to 100% but soon as I disconnect the power, it drops down to 97%.

So I was thinking about getting the Seidio 2100mAh battery but what I'm reading so far, it may or may not make a difference.
  10.    #70  
    onekool it does make a difference in that you do get longer battery life with the 2100mAh battery. From what I have seen and heard about the 680 and the 755P they only show 100% when they are hooked to the charger, and can show from 99% to 97% when unhooked. I mostly get 99% when I use the Palm battery charger, but 98% with the phone itself as charger. I don't believe the numbers matter that much as everyone seems to experience this. This extended battery does make a difference- you get at least 25% more time.
    Maybe there is another 25% increase in battery time but has made no practical difference for me. Picked up my phone this afternoon which had been sitting since yesterday with 28% charge left and after about 45 min talk time I was down 2%. Not worth it IMO.
    newtech: how many charges have you had with your battery?

I did a review for SEIDIO and have noticed that after 5 charges or so, the battery life is getting better (and longer)...

you need to fully condition the battery for its max potential.

if 2100 does not cut it for you, why not try the 3200mah?
  13.    #73  
    newtech, battery life can also be dependent on signal strength. I get a weaker signal a lot of the time, and see my battery drain faster when I do have it weaker. To me 2% after 45 min talktime is not that bad. Also, I have found that when the batter is under 30% charge it seems to lose the charge more rapidly.
    I am probably at 8+ charges since recieving the battery 9 days ago. Generally signal stregnth is 5+ bars here in the office. Maybe it will get better but if not I may try the 3200ma batter. Cathearder, I probably didnt explain well enough but my battery dropped from 28% down to 2% after 45 min. of use.
  15.    #75  
    newtech that does seem rather extreme. I have seen my battery drop pretty fast tho after 30% so I generally charge at that time. I have seen this with the OEM too, so it isn't just the extended battery. Also you do have bluetooth and beam turned off?
    I kind of seen something similar. Very strange... I left my Treo with 38% of battery life overnight and the following morning at 7am my Treo was dead. So it seems to drastically jump down as it gets closed to 30% or less. I need to double check on this.

Al
  17.    #77  
    I had that happen too one time Al. It was with the OEM battery. The Treo would not even turn on till I did a soft reset, and then I saw the low batery warning. I try not to not let it go beyond 30% unless I keep a close eye on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Sorry to hear this problem. We have shipped many 2100 mah batteries since we introduced it and this is the first time we know the door fell off.

Please call Margaret at 832-204-1112 on Monday. She will discuss the available options to you.

I just received my brand new Seidio 2100 mah battery, for my brand new 755p, and I have the very same problem. The battery door simply does not fit. The battery is definitely thicker than the OEM battery, and I cannt get the door to push up far enough to get the door latch to fully catch.

I don't want to remove the foam from the inside of the door as that keeps the battery door tight with the OEM battery.

I have to say, I'm not impressed with this battery either. I'll be contacting Seidio support in the morning.

PRGeno
    Yeah, my battery door slides on, but no click. So far it hasn't fallen off. So, I guess it's wait and see.....
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    My battery door won't fit tight with the new Seidio 2100 mah battery. I removed the foam and it still won't fit tight. Haven't had a problem with it falling off yet, though.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast