Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    That is weird, my standard battery door fit perfectly over the 2100mAh battery.
    ...and does the button completely lock upwards? Although with persuasion I can get the stock door to nearly fit, it's definitely straining and a very noticeable gap is apparent at the bottom near the sync port.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
  2. IRJ
    A stupid question:

If I buy the Seidio 2100 battery today does it automatically come with the new battery cover?
    that's not a stupid question...because i recently asked it a few days ago and didn't get an answer. I order from TreoCentral and there was where to state color of phone, so I suspect I won't get a door. It doesn't sound like the replacement door has been flowed down to their dealers.
    Quote Originally Posted by IRJ View Post
    A stupid question:

If I buy the Seidio 2100 battery today does it automatically come with the new battery cover?
    This issue has not affected many of our customers, so we haven't deemed it neccessary to send a door out with every battery. At this time, we are offering our replacement door free of charge to anyone who does have a fit problem.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by slorandy View Post
    that's not a stupid question...because i recently asked it a few days ago and didn't get an answer. I order from TreoCentral and there was where to state color of phone, so I suspect I won't get a door. It doesn't sound like the replacement door has been flowed down to their dealers.
    Sorry I missed your question. If you need the door email me with your information and I'll have one sent out to you.

Thanks
    Does this battery still not come with the new door?
    I received my new 2100 mah battery today, and it too forces the cover to sit high enough that the button in the bottom back of the unit does not protrude far enough to hold the cover in place.

After careful inspection of the battery, I noticed that the "label wrapping" had a tiny crease in one corner. Question - can I remove the wrapping?
    I think that if I remove it - I'll be able to take enough thickness off so that the cover sits tighter and the button to sit higher. Does the label do anything - like hold toxic gases in place, or hold the entire battery together?

Also, can I use the treo while it is charging during the first initial 8 hour charge - meaning while it is plugged in?
    Last edited by 2smart4phone; 10/19/2007 at 05:49 AM.
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    Taking the label makes no change, just let it charge over night. Honestly though, the cover won't fall off anyways, my 755 is still on daily in & out of my back pocket...people just love to complain
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Thanks Rev,

It worked. Removing the label provided enough room for the backdoor to close. My Treo not only seems faster with the new battery, but also a few noticeable ounces lighter without the wrapper. Now if I can only dial it by just thinking - that would be like the ultimate.
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Taking the label makes no change, just let it charge over night. Honestly though, the cover won't fall off anyways, my 755 is still on daily in & out of my back pocket...people just love to complain
    I disagree.. it DOES come off. The new Seidio cover fixes it and honestly should be included with every battery.
    Will this new cover for the Sedio battery accomodate the original battery? Or will I have so much room in there that the original batteryjiggles about?

Will I have to carry both covers with me on road trips?
    Last edited by 2smart4phone; 10/19/2007 at 12:00 PM.
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    1. Is the replacement door made of rubberized paint also?

2. Someone mentioned a "Seidio" logo. Is this really on the door?
    2smart4phone,

yes the original battery works fine with the Seidio door - here is my method for a perfect fit regardless of door/battery combo:

1 - original battery original door with foam pad still on the door = stock
    2 - original battery original door with no foam pad with a folded $50.00 bill which takes the place of the foam thickness :-)
    3 - original battery with Seido door and the foam stuck on the battery and a folded $50.00 bill
    4 - original battery with Seido door, no foam and two folded $50.00 bills
    5 - 2100mah battery with original door = a little tight
    6 - 2100mah battery with Seido door and foam or no foam = good fit
    7 - 2100mah battery with Sedio door and folded $50.00 bill = my favorite - good battery life - good fit - and money if I need it

I'm sure I forgot a possible combo - but I think you get the drift. The above combos dosen't let the battery wiggle and is basicly a perfect fit.

acousticbiker,

1. = yes
    2. = yes
    Last edited by MouseGlider; 10/20/2007 at 11:43 PM.
    The battery is working great. there is a noticeable decrease in the discharge rate. However, this is all based on my personal usage.
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    seidioseidio, I sent an email request for a replacement battery but haven't gotten any confirmation or the door itself. Please let me know status. Thanks.
    Just an adder here....since taking off the wrapper I found that the battery is comprised of...

1. Two Li-Ion packs
    2. A plastic wrap around frame with a contact strip
    3. 2 rectangular red spacers (made of what looks like dense cardboard material- possibly pcb stuff).
    4. And of course the wrapper.

The spacers run the length of the battery and are cut with square edges. This is where I'd say 90% of the cause in this problem - the square edge does not conform to the rounded cover. 5% is due to the bottom corners of the top battery - it to is square and does not conform to the back cover. The last 5% is due to bad wrapping, and of course this amplifies the first two issues.

I solved the square edges by rounding them out with a sharp blade of a Leatherman knife. I even took just a tad bit off the actual battery. I then applied one strip of 3M clear tape once around, but making sure the ends butted against each other.

A little work, but like the palm itself....it's a fun hack.
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker View Post
    seidioseidio, I sent an email request for a replacement battery but haven't gotten any confirmation or the door itself. Please let me know status. Thanks.
    Email your info to forum@seidio.com and I'll check it out for you.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Email your info to forum@seidio.com and I'll check it out for you.

Thanks
    That's where I sent my request already. Please check for an email from Michael Park.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011