Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by dubroz View Post
    Thanks TreoNewt for the review.

Well, I just joined the dark side, ordered my PPC-6800 replacement today. Will have it by Friday . I have gone from Treo 300->600->700p and am tired of the reset problems w/ the 700p. I'll miss the simplicity of the Palm OS and am hoping Styletap will help ease the transition.
    You are very welcome... thanks for the lead on Styletap, I will install it as soon as I make a backup in case of problems. Is nice to know I may be able to still use some of my many Palm games and freeware.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    In the pics I have seen it looks bigger and thicker then the 700... Do you maybe have some pics you can share? How is the overall feeling compared to the 700?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMooch View Post
    Well, I WOULD have gotten mine today if it weren't for the fact that UPS is incapable of basic quality controls.

THIS is why I avoid UPS whenever possible.
    I have had similar problems with UPS when I lived in an apartment. UPS is the ONLY shipping company that would not allow me to put a "hold at depot" order in BEFORE the first delivery attempt. And they are the ONLY shipping company that would not allow me to pick up my package at the depot the evening of the first delivery attempt. And they are the ONLY shipping company that is closed by 7 pm. And they are the only shipping company that would not allow me to file a release all packages order for all future deliveries. They added a minimum of two extra days to the delivery process.
    Quote Originally Posted by KAOSWLF View Post
    In the pics I have seen it looks bigger and thicker then the 700... Do you maybe have some pics you can share? How is the overall feeling compared to the 700?
    I don't have any pictures available at this time - out of home for extended business travel - but when I got the 6800 I put it side by side with my 700p and the 6800 is a BIT thinner, shorter and narrower to the naked eye.

When I get back home I will try to post some pictures.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    It is smaller than the 700w/wx/p. Not a lot, but it's still a nice size and weight when it sits in your hand.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Yeah, I wasn't convinced of the 6800 until I held one. It is much more sturdy than the 6700. It looks pretty cool too.

I think I'm going to miss some of the Palm UI niceties - but I'm not going to miss the stupid tone and getting stuck in roaming mode.
    Does anyone know how to get the CUBE feature on the MOGUL, i have a friend that has it and i forget how he got it on his phone.
    I have the Mogul. I used it for 30 days after being a treo user since the 150.

After all that time I have to say I did not like it. Main reason is the one handed operation is not possible with the mogul, and the constant sliding of the keyboard open.

Pros
    -More, and cooler programs
    -Camera has a light
    -SMS looks better with more screen room.
    -More screen room.

Cons
    -You can not use this one handed. Its just not possible.
    -Always having to slide the keyboard open
    -constant resets
    -SLOW
    -Buggy with much of their programs
    -Its not really a good phone, its a good PDA. The phone part is secondary in the design
    -Battery life is weak.
    Thats a pretty sweet deal. Been with my 700p for a while but every once in a while im tempted to go back to a WM device. I dont know if im ready to make the switch back but with an offer like that anythings open.
    TREO 700P
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I could use some advice.

Technically I am on my 4th 700p. 1st had screen issues, 2nd and 3rd both were refurb replacements for the 1st that wouldn't activate. One was got through sprint, the other through insurance.

Finally the 4th was a brand new one through insurance, its now started to have some problems. The touchscreen will stop working all of a sudden till i reset. text messages are either delayed or not going through. and i can have someone next to me call me in a full service area and my phone never rings, it goes through about 1 outta 5 or less.

I am not near having my contract go out, I would like to get a phone that works somewhat well. Mogul is looking good to me at this point. Centro is too small for me, i am 6'3" with big hands.

Should I call insurance or sprint to try and get a switch to a Mogul?
    Quote Originally Posted by edubz View Post
    I could use some advice.

Technically I am on my 4th 700p. 1st had screen issues, 2nd and 3rd both were refurb replacements for the 1st that wouldn't activate. One was got through sprint, the other through insurance.

Finally the 4th was a brand new one through insurance, its now started to have some problems. The touchscreen will stop working all of a sudden till i reset. text messages are either delayed or not going through. and i can have someone next to me call me in a full service area and my phone never rings, it goes through about 1 outta 5 or less.

I am not near having my contract go out, I would like to get a phone that works somewhat well. Mogul is looking good to me at this point. Centro is too small for me, i am 6'3" with big hands.

Should I call insurance or sprint to try and get a switch to a Mogul?
    I would call retentions and see what they can do for you. Worst case scenario they give you the full 150 rebate or give you the phone at new customer price. In my ventures I find it harder to get a new phone like the mogul for free.
    TREO 700P
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345