Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson View Post
    Yo Asystole, Glad to hear you got a heck of a deal, but that credit isnt actually a credit, its like a payment hold. I too have this happen everytime I purchase a phone from Sprint over the phone. Whatever payment amount you make will be posted to your bill until the next billing cycle, when they will remove it, and your real bill will be posted. Dont know why they do this, but I had it happen to me three times.

Just giving you a heads up, so you dont do what I did(when I purchased a 6700) and thought I had an extra $500 bucks to blow, just to be disappointed when my billing cycle restarted. Yet again, great deal, and enjoy.
    Thanks for explaining that. I guess they use double-entry accounting. They debited my Visa card $219.99. They placed that money as a credit in my Sprint account pending the device actually shipping; thus completing the transaction. At that time they will then debit the Sprint account the $219.99. This makes sense.
    I tried asking for James she said best she can do is send him an e-mail... anyone else have any luck?
    Quote Originally Posted by flipside99 View Post
    Sprint just gave me the same deal.. My Mogul should be here tomorrow. and I'm still within the 30 days on my 8525.. me no likey att..

Edit.. oops.. not the same deal.. I don't have to send back my 700p.. Ebay here it comes!
    hehe. I decided not to even bother with Retentions. I couldn't in good concience play up the poor performance of my 700P. It works, just not as well as they (Palm) says it does or as good as I want it to. I ordered my Mogul yesterday so it should be here tomorrow.

Sooooo. My 700P (MR sucessfully installed) with the black leather Vaja case will (more than likely) be going up for sale before long. I'm just tired with Palm. Time to more on.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    If at first you don't succeed...skydiving is not for you.
    I talked to two reps & both kep repeating all they could do was give me $150 credit to my account. Even though I told them I paid full price for the 700p & went through 6 under warranty & still having problems. Especially after downloading the firmware update. I have heard that sometimes they flag or notate your account to say do NOT upgrade this person or something to that effect. We'll see. I'll try again today...
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    I talked to two reps & both kep repeating all they could do was give me $150 credit to my account. Even though I told them I paid full price for the 700p & went through 6 under warranty & still having problems. Especially after downloading the firmware update. I have heard that sometimes they flag or notate your account to say do NOT upgrade this person or something to that effect. We'll see. I'll try again today...
    Same deal with me. We must have the same flag on our account.
    ----

Sprint Treo 700p
    Did you threaten to cancel and actually sound like you mean it? Did you mention that AT&T is giving the equivalent phone (8525) for free with a 2 year contract? It's also important to note to them that even with the ETF, it's still cheaper to switch to AT&T and get rid of palm.
    Have anyone of you guys actually received the 6800 yet, any initial impressions on the device.

Mine apparently hasn't shipped yet so I placed a call to Sprint and should be getting some information today about the expected date of shipment.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    Have anyone of you guys actually received the 6800 yet, any initial impressions on the device.

Mine apparently hasn't shipped yet so I placed a call to Sprint and should be getting some information today about the expected date of shipment.
    I get my 6800 today. The excitement is killing me.
    Did you threaten to cancel and actually sound like you mean it? Did you mention that AT&T is giving the equivalent phone (8525) for free with a 2 year contract? It's also important to note to them that even with the ETF, it's still cheaper to switch to AT&T and get rid of palm.
    Oh I totally threatened to cancel the account. they told me I would have to pay two ETF's of 200 dollars, and told me both my contracts expired in a year. However, upon my own investigation on the Sprint site, I found out one of the contracts expires the beginning of July. I'll have to use this to buy them down a little bit.

I'm going to try again soon, and throw a few words around. Like "iPhone", even though I wouldn't buy a first gen iPhone. I'll let them know I spend 100 bucks a month, and paying $400 to get out will be worth the average of paying double for 4 months for a phone that doesn't cause headaches.

I'll also say my Dog just died.
    ----

Sprint Treo 700p
    I got mine yesterday.. here's what I got so far...

The keyboard has a very nice "spring" to it, unlike the 8525, which requires more of a push/pull to open and close it.

I don't know the exact number, but it's about 10mm thinner then a 8525, but it feels much thinner and lighter.

I'm still wet behind the ears with WM (I've been on the palm os for almost 4 years now). All the applications are very snappy. There is no button in the comm manager to turn on/off wi-fi (like the 8525), there is however a hard switch on the lower left to turn it on and off. SPB pocket plus will turn wifi off/on via an the screen button.

It came with 2 Y adapters in the box. 1 for a/c charge and usb sync, and another for charge and a 3.5mm standard headset jack.

The GPSA is only for location based services, it does not have a standard usable GPS in it. I signed up for the "sprint family locator" trial and it pegged my location exactly. My wifes treo 650 was 2 miles off. So it's pretty accurate. I guess you could sign up for sprints $9.99/mo navigation service and get good results.

I'm still having usability issues because there seems to be a steep learning curve coming from palm i.e. no contact list in the sms app, very annoying or maybe I haven't found it yet, or I just have to retrain my brain to send SMS from contacts instead of the actual SMS app.

I really miss threaded SMS already. Yes, there's the "hack" but there are so many problems with it i don't want to lose SMS functionality on such a "bleeding edge" phone that nobody really knows how to mess with yet.

Another very annoying thing is that there is no battery meter on the top bar. I tried the reg hack to show it but it shows up at the bottom of the today screen and not in the bar itself. I installed resco explorer which gives a good battery meter on the today screen though.

Bluetooth is flawless. I'm using a motorola HS850 that sounded like crap on my 700 and now sounds great on my mogul. Actual call volume from the phone seems low to me, maybe I'm going deaf but my 700 was much louder. Speakerphone is great.

So far I'm very pleased.

edit: Anyone interested in a 700p (with the MR successfully installed) plus the cradle, 3 ac chargers, 2 batteries (seido extended battery) and a cheap case with all the original boxes PM me and I'll give you the ebay link)
    Last edited by flipside99; 06/20/2007 at 01:39 PM.
    At least is good to know that some 6800's are showing in user's hands. I was told there was some backlog in shipping do to many orders, they will give me an estimated ship time tomorrow.

I know the learning curve will be steep, I will miss a number of features I am used to from the Palm world, but there are a great number of WM users that are happly with the experience therefore it can't be so bad. I have reviewed availability of software for WM over the past few months and have an idea of what I would like to get for my new phone whenever I get it.

Palm OS was great when it worked, lately I spend so much of my time trying to get it to work I can't enjoy it as much; is time for me to move on.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    TreoNewt: you're going to have to change your name!

Mooch: Did you get your phone and are too busy playing?

Someone, somewhere needs to set up a mogul forum. There isn't a single one on any of the sites
    Well here's what I got for a today screen so far.. that sprint yellow was making me sick.. I'm still trying to get it a bit more organized. What you see so far is a black theme, plus Spb phone suite, SPB weather and resco explorer.

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/7636/todayms9.jpg
    flipsie so what exactl did u do to get ur 6700 swapped out for 6800
    I didn't have a 6700 I had a 700p.. and I detailed what I did in previous posts here..
    TreoNewt: you're going to have to change your name!
    Haven't thought about that!... but somehow MogulNewt does not sound too good to me, any suggestions?

hmm... 6800Newt..nah..

ExTreoNewt NewtMogul hmm how about just plain ol Newt
    JustPlainOlNewt it is...

I think I'm gonna try this phone out too. They didnt replace my phone but I got the phone for $250 so I'll be ebaying my 700p if I end up keeping this phone. Should get it in a few days. This is my first Window mobile phone. Being able to upgrade to Rev A is what I'm looking forward to.
    Well, I WOULD have gotten mine today if it weren't for the fact that UPS is incapable of basic quality controls.

THIS is why I avoid UPS whenever possible.

Knowing that the past three times that UPS has tried to deliver to my house (actually a small cottage behind the main house), resulted in the driver being unable to even FIND the place, I made a good faith effort to head things off at the pass and ask them to hold it at the depot for me to pick up during the day.

I started at around 8 or 9 o'clock on Tuesday night by calling UPS and asking them to put a hold on the package. Each attempt was met with the assertion that with the package in transit they were unable to flag it for a hold. I would have to wait until it was in the delivery depot in order to have them hold it.

SO, 6:30 a.m. Wednesday morning (an HOUR AND A HALF before the trucks roll) I'm online verifying the status which showed in transit from Oakland until 7:45 when I had to go to work. 10 minutes later (Still before 8 a.m.) the status reads:
    6:30 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN and 7:32 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY.

A last ditch effort to try and head it off results in being told that it's already out the door so I hang up in disgust and hope for the best. I made a couple of trips home during the day to see if they might have attempted the drop, with no success. Status on the site still shows "Out for Delivery".

6PM rolls around and still no package as I roll out the door for a previously scheduled engagement, but I leave a notice releasing the driver to leave the package at my door or with my landlord.

9:30PM, I arrive home...no package......damn, they missed again? Nope, tracker still shows "Out for delivery" so I call UPS. It turns out that after I hung up in disgust that morning, they called the driver and had him return the package to the depot, but never bothered to inform me or even bother to update the tracker status. So I spent the day waiting for them to deliver it to my house while the morons had it in the depot! COUNTER to what the tracker showed.

As you can no doubt guess...I RAGING pissed.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast