Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Obscura
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscura View Post

yeah just tried it.. im sure it will kill my battery though but hey works real nice none the less.
    It seems that my replacement 755p sucks on the video streaming. Trying to watch an video is terrible. It buffers after each line/sentence. It didn't do this as often on my blue 755p (before it died).

In an Evdo area, using the builtin Kinoma.

What are others' experiences.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    I keep getting "no sockets" -even after a soft reset. any ideas on how to fix this?

(running kinoma 4.2)
    Working flawless on my 700. I just can't wait until they bring more vids to the site since only a portion of youtube videos are available for now.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Mine did okay.
    What is sick/sad is I see a thread like this and have to run and see if mine will do it or if I have a "bum" unit. So far I have done pretty well. I need to get a better case and guard this one with my life (to an extent).
    Site works great for me even inside my office where I get terrible reception!
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    I get 'request timed out' error at 27 seconds in...(with most/all clips)

can someone please post his/her kinoma 4.2 settings?

tia
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    Awesome.

Works very well without having to add Kinoma Pro.

Very smooth, not choppy at all.

Image looks better to me, if I press up on 5-way navigation, to force to show the toolbars instead of full screen.
    Good but you can't search for just anything.
    With kinoma4 (which skips on my burgundy 755) you can view just about any video thru http://mobetube.com . I tried writing kinoma about this issue but they refuse to think that the "color" of the treo makes a difference in streaming. I just deleted it off my treo after their useless emails.
    diane
    Diane,

Quote Originally Posted by Carterism View Post
    I tried writing kinoma about this issue but they refuse to think that the "color" of the treo makes a difference in streaming.
    I want you to know that our support folks seriously investigated the possibility that your phone's color was somehow affecting its data performance. Stranger things have happened.

However, Palm confirmed that there's no possibility that a Treo's color could affect its data performance, any more than a car's color could affects its gas mileage.

I wish there was something else that we could do for you. It's possible that your phone is defective, and Palm and Sprint have both recommended to us that users return or exchange their devices if they think that they're defective.

Please let us know what you find, okay?

-- Charles Wiltgen

http://feeds.feedburner.com/kinoma.1.gif
    Last edited by Charles@Kinoma; 06/18/2007 at 02:40 PM.
    color?!? lmao!
    HTC Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    Diane,

I want you to know that our support folks seriously investigated the possibility that your phone's color was somehow affecting its data performance. Stranger things have happened.

However, Palm confirmed that there's no possibility that a Treo's color could affect its data performance, any more than a car's color could affects its gas mileage.

I wish there was something else that we could do for you. It's possible that your phone is defective, and Palm and Sprint have both recommended to us that users return or exchange their devices if they think that they're defective.

Please let us know what you find, okay?

-- Charles Wiltgen

Ok you guys really need to stop telling me it's defective. Everything works just fine. In fact I did take it to a Sprint store to see if anything was wrong and I told them the problem. It's funny because they turned it back onto you guys. Weird huh? It's just that streaming I'm having problems with through your player. Please don't tell me to take it to Sprint and get a new phone because I will not get a new one just because of this issue. It's just unfortunate that it doesn't stream correctly. It's okay, really, I can LIVE without Kinoma.
    diane
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Good but you can't search for just anything.
    With kinoma4 (which skips on my burgundy 755) you can view just about any video thru http://mobetube.com .
    Can't get mobetube.com to work with kinoma 4.2 on my end..
    I go to open url and enter mobetube.com ... not joy

Is that what you meant? Or were you going through blazer web browser?
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonb View Post
    Can't get mobetube.com to work with kinoma 4.2 on my end..
    I go to open url and enter mobetube.com ... not joy

Is that what you meant? Or were you going through blazer web browser?
    Blazer.
    With kinoma4 (which skips on my burgundy 755) you can view just about any video thru http://mobetube.com . I tried writing kinoma about this issue but they refuse to think that the "color" of the treo makes a difference in streaming. I just deleted it off my treo after their useless emails.
    No wonder I only shot an 80 on the course today....my shoes are solid black.. I should have worn the two tone... oof

sigh. my "defective" burgundy 755 doesn't like kinoma video streaming for some reason. sprint tv streams perfectly though. go figure.
    Ok you guys really need to stop telling me it's defective. Everything works just fine.
    I'm glad to hear it. I personally don't believe that your device is defective, but Palm and Sprint asked us to make sure that their customers know about that option. Obviously, they want you to be satisfied as well.

In fact I did take it to a Sprint store to see if anything was wrong and I told them the problem. It's funny because they turned it back onto you guys.
    They were right to refer you to our support folks, since Sprint store employees are definitely not streaming media experts. The stream that you'd cited was optimized for PC, so anybody playing that particular content on a Treo over a mobile network would normally not have a great experience no matter how well the player performed.

-- Charles Wiltgen

Last edited by Charles@Kinoma; 06/19/2007 at 12:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post

They were right to refer you to our support folks, since Sprint store employees are definitely not streaming media experts. The stream that you'd cited was optimized for PC, so anybody playing that particular content on a Treo over a mobile network would normally not have a great experience no matter how well the player performed.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    I would have a great experience everytime I would stream videos though. It's not just from that site either. It's from your links in Internet Video as well. That's what you're not getting here. I had the 700p and it would work great with kinoma. I then upgraded to the 755 and then the skipping begins. I really dont know what else to say because I keep saying the same thing over and over and I keep getting the same response from your customer service. I'll just end it here. I'm done. Thanks for trying to solve my problem.
    diane
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    Is there a difference in the quality of the m.youtube streams and the regullar youtube with Kinoma?

In other words, does Kinoma / YouTube offer a better quality video stream than using blazer with m.youtube?

I'd rather not buy nor load the extra memory of the Kinoma upgrade if I don't need it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast