1.    #1  
    My phone was working okay since the MR. It crashes more now than ever before and it has the annoying key beep thing but I could live with that. I don't have any 3rd party apps installed except Resco Explorer and Chatter.

Then I went into On Demand and clicked on weather. It sent my phone into an endless reset loop. I had to pull the battery, put it on the charger, do a hard reset to get it out of the loop. Then I went back to a known good backup from Resco... which threw it back into an endless reset loop.

You know what... f-you Palm . You suck at life. I'm moving to an 8830 or a WM based device. My wife has a WM based device and she doesn't have any of the problems that I have. Her handset crashes less often than mine and it has never gone into an endless reset loop.
    Weeeeeeell..... All I can say is that your update must have gone sour b/c I just updated last night & mine works awesomely now. And I have about 90+ programs installed. Perhaps you should try redoing the update, try the SD card method if you haven't already.
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
    Sorry to hear your update was not good. I updated mine on the 4th and the 700p has been flawless so far. Update went perfectly. Updated via SD card and no PC involved. Not 1 crash post update. Still using all the same apps as before.

Only have Alert and Alert Triangle sounding slightly off key. I don't use those two midi sounds anyway.

4.    #4  
    I did it the SD card method. Bluetooth does work better, the lag is a bit better too. For the first week I had less crashes and it seemed like everything was going great.

Then yesterday it started crashing randomly... when I entered a new contact, when I started Blazer, when I started On Demand. Now its completely hosed. I want to get a 700wx - but I don't want to give any money to Palm because they are such a horribly run company.
    zelet...if you have insurance, try to get them to switch it out for a 700wx at the Sprint store.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Try a clean install. if you'be read any of the various threads you'll know that old preference files will screw up your Treo. Most notably... Blazer... Bluetooth... On demand. sound familiar? Would you update your computer and restore an old image and expect it to work. If you say yes, you shouldn't blame Palm. Blame yourself. Stupid is as stupid does.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    A second vote for a clean install. I think restoring brought back old files that created conflicts. I've upgraded 3 700p's and they are all doing much better than prior to the MR.

RicardoG
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I was having poorer performance after doing the MR as well - after being bounced around - finally was transferred to Palm directly, and when I explained that even though my phone was functional, I didn't see the performance improvement I was expecting with the MR - and they opted to send me a new 700p.. Waiting on it now..

I also always found my phone to be a bit sluggish when compared to other 700p units... I think they must have had a bad batch at some point during production (or 5 or 10) and the MR just makes them worse. Hopefully the new phone will be better.
    I wouldn't dismiss someone as stupid who upgraded their device according to the manufacturer's instructions. I also wouldn't dismiss a person stupid for not wiping their device without the manufacturer telling them to. I upgraded to Vista without incident. Why SHOULD he have to do a clean install?!? Why should ANYONE? Why should such a person be dismissed as stupid?!? That comes off as pretty ignorant to me.

I do have to say that I really respect the seething venom of the original post. The only reason I did the clean install is that I sadly have little faith in Palm's upgrade scripts - not because it is a industry standard common sense thing. It is a Frankengarnet OS thing.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    You don't need the insurance. Palm admitted there update was bad and pulled it from there site. They are offering a free exchange. I did this last week because after the update my phone was much worse than before.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Get rid of chatter, that's most likely your problem, based on my issues with Chatter.
    I wish that were the case but I don't even use Chatter and I have had many problems. Much better off with the 1.08 v replacement from Palm.
    Pity the developer - he now has to consider both the original non-MR'd and MR'd Sprint Treo 700p. I am having issues with one application that has forced me to modify my usage of the device.

Ben
    Chatter has nothing to do with it, it's a crappy rom upgrade - bottom line. I would get a replacement if I were you. I took mine back to Sprint and got it replaced. Much happier now.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    Try a clean install. if you'be read any of the various threads you'll know that old preference files will screw up your Treo. Most notably... Blazer... Bluetooth... On demand. sound familiar? Would you update your computer and restore an old image and expect it to work. If you say yes, you shouldn't blame Palm. Blame yourself. Stupid is as stupid does.
    I'm not going to drop myself to your level and start calling you names - but I am going to respond. I did do a clean install after the MR because I didn't think that Palm would be able to make a MR capable of the most basic of things. The restore that I did was a backup of the phone a day after I did the clean install and everything was working.

POS is just that... a huge, steaming pile of ****. Its sad that just 5 years ago it was a wonderful OS. Now its abused and put to the wayside. It could have been awesome - instead Palm let MICROSOFT of all companies catch up to them and beat them at their own game.