Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I just replaced the screen protector film and now the touchscreen is completely dead. Even if I take the film back off, it does not detect any touches. I'm afraid I broke one of the connections while I was cleaning the gunk out from the edges of the screen. My 650 is almost two years old, so I pretty sure I'm out of warranty, what is the best way to proceed? If I could get those funny star screws out I would just try to go in and re-solder it myself.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    There is no such thing for your solder.

I believe in your case, when you clean the edges, something got stuck then it gave a force to the digitizer. FInd the Torx-5, open Treo 650 housing and clean the edges again, but do not dissemble the whole LCD.

Goodluck
    Treo Maniac?
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Where is a good place to buy a torx wrench?

edit: Mcmaster seems to carry them. I wonder if anyone at my work has them too?
    Last edited by BBigJ; 06/17/2007 at 01:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Ok, bigger problem now. When I'm making a call, the red power button no longer works to hang up. It works fine when I'm not making a call. I'm not sure how that could have gotten screwed up.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Not to worry about the Red button. Once you fix the touch screen the red issue will be gone.
    Treo Maniac?
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Your confidence gives me optimism.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I got hold of the correct torx wrench and cleaned out my Treo. Everything seems to be working fine now. Thanks. I appreciate the warning not to go into the LCD assembly. I don't know if I would have been tempted to go in there or not, but it was nice knowing I didn't have to.