Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Treo600Kings, I'm with you as to where are some of the "Older" posters. I read posts from Perry, and he generally has solid input. But, no IPhone for me. I'm buying a Verizon Treo 755P tomorrow. I'm making notes on some problems, but from what I've been reading here and elsewhere, the 755P appears to be a decent upgrade from a 650.
  2. Tdc
    I've had my vzw 755p for almost 3 weeks and last Thursday (same day that I was thinking "what a solid phone this has been") my phone started doing reset loops. Soft reset helped temporarily but it took a hard reset to break. 3 days later I try to turn the phone on in the morning and nothing happens - I put in a fresh battery and then the radio doesn't work (can't turn on phone function) soft reset doesn't work, also try to turn on bluetooth and that doesn't work saying something like "software messed up reinstall" - time for another hard reset. Is it time to order a replacement handset before I hit the 30 day window?
    TDC,

Did you recently install any new software? Sometimes that will cause conflicts or data corruptions. If not, I would do the Hard reset as you stated, restore your data/apps and see if there are any problems. If so, hard reset again, and start selectively restoring things one by one until you find the problem. There are a few apps out there that can help to diagnose some databases, such as DBFixit. You can use it to diagnose your PIM data and many other databases. If you find issues, you can then purchase it and then it will fix the problems. If you can't find the problem, then take it to your carrier's store and see if the tech can figure it out. If not, then ask for an exchange or return it.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I've had my verizon 755P for a couple of weeks and there are several things I'm diappointed/concerned with:

- Google Maps won't open and causes a reset (started 1/16)
    - Won't work well with the Bluetooth in my Toyota. Sometimes will connect and sometimes won't. The sound is terrible for my callers.
    - Audible skips sometimes. Never happened with my 650.
    - Big time lag when ending a call or going to some of the apps.

So far I don't have much on the phone - Audible, Splash ID, Treo Memo, eReader, Solitaire (from download), Solitaire Mania (trial), Card Reader, Educational Games (trial), Backup Buddy (trial, but isn't working well). Had tons more on my 650.

I did download the Voice Dial software and have deleted it but still getting the reset with Google Maps. The Web works great so not sure what's going on. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    I had mine for 38 days and since I was out of town during the last 3 weeks of the 30 days, you guessed it, Sprint says it is out of warranty! And they hang up on me if I try to get to retentions. Then the deal of "not having insurance". And nope, U have not installed anything to get the problems to start.

Seems like another class action suit for Palm?
    Quote Originally Posted by treo600kings View Post
    WOW! I'm in the twilightzone! What happened to Dutchtrumpet, Gfunkmagic, shadowmite? Hello Bill and midmofan.. I bet the rest of the treo600 class of '03, '04 all have iphones! (like me)
    You guessed right
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet View Post
    You guessed right

LOL

Well, my daughter has one. . .does that count?

Is there a StyleTAP software for the iPhone yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    LOL

Well, my daughter has one. . .does that count?

Is there a StyleTAP software for the iPhone yet?
    Hey old pal...Hope all's well with you!
  9.    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo600kings View Post
    WOW! I'm in the twilightzone! What happened to Dutchtrumpet, Gfunkmagic, shadowmite? Hello Bill and midmofan.. I bet the rest of the treo600 class of '03, '04 all have iphones! (like me)
    Hey there! I'm am still happy with my 755p since, after the meltdown, everything works very well. Seeing the Centro at $39 at Best Buy IS a bit of a slap in the face to those who shelled out for the 755 though....

Probably will stick with this or pick up a cheap Centro until the new OS comes out and at that point decide whether to stick with Palm or go to what by then will be the latest I-Phone (or I-Phone like) update.
    Just thought you might be interested in this.

We're not ready to announce an official StyleTap for iPhone/Touch version yet, but we have done some experimentation with it. Here's a short video of what it looks like so far:

http://www.viddler.com/styletap/videos/1

It looks promising. This experimental version can run ARMlets and because of the screen size, uses hi-res (double density) bitmaps and fonts.

If Apple's security and application installation and distribution scheme isn't too restrictive, it looks like StyleTap will be able to run the same applications on the iPhone/Touch, Symbian and Windows Mobile/CE platforms. This should go a long way in helping developers deal with the mobile OS fragmentation problem.
    I am on my 3rd Verizon 755P. The first two lasts about 35 days and locks up. Not possible to even do a hard reset. Gets a little flakey with soft resets and within a few days locks up for good. I am on my 3rd unit and will see what happens in 30 days or so.

scott
    Quote Originally Posted by kgilbertsen View Post
    I just noticed the tone for the phone re-starting. The Treo had been left sitting on a table turned off, with the phone on. When I looked, the phone app was being turned back on, like when the Treo has reset. There was a message letting me know that I had a new voicemal. ##377# still shows the earlier reset caused by 'Web'. Hmmm...
    II had a Treo 600 for 5 years. It only crashed/ froze/ or rebooted (whatever you want to call it) about once a month. Here's what you can expect from a 755p: Daily 4, 5, 6, or more crashes / freezes / or reboots (whatever you want to call it). This thing is a nightmare. After a week of this, I had it replaced, and the new one still does the same thing. the ##377 (Dial) system error log never catches any of these system crashes/freezes/ reboots (or whatever you want to call them). Why? I think Palm is trying to hide the problems this thing has. Why else wouldn't' the system error log catch the crashes, freezes, and automatic reboots? I'm really in a quandry because I don't know of any better phone than the treo. I'm seriously thinking of going back to my Treo 600 because it was rock solid.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Wow, that's either a faulty 755p or you have a software conflict. I have my Sprint 755p loaded with software and it resets far less than my TX did. I just have a rough weekend with it, but I usually go a few to several days between resets. I'm very happy with it.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    i am on my 2nd 755. The first one started a hotsync loop that ended with the checkboard screen of death. sprint replaced it free due to insurance. this 755 has trouble staying connected - whether it be to bluetooth or powervision it constantly drops the connection or won't go EVDO in areas where it is known to be a strong signal. 755 #1 made it almost to 2 months. this one is about at the same point. not surprisingly, this one is refurbished. i'm hoping that this one dies right after the 800 becomes the free substitute.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I didn't think I'd be back here so soon but....I'm about to be on 755p #3. The current one has never held a PV connection well and was even worse with BT. I was willing to tolerate this hoping for another 1 month meltdown. I just got it. The phone decided randomly to crash every time the home button was pressed. A hard reset fixed that problem. I restored all my data from a hotsync a week ago. I was lucky not to lose any material data. Now bluetooth will not work. I can successfully pair devices. Sometimes the phone shows the blue headphones indicating a good BT connection but all audio comes from the phone as if there were no BT or other headsets attached. It acts the same on my car's BT and my BT headset. Both devices worked (tolerably) with 755p #1, 2 and 3(until now). I haven't had this many phone meltdowns in my prior 7 years with sprint as I have had with these 3 755's in the last 4 months or so. I am done done done so ****ing done with Treo and probably Sprint. Sprint's only hope to retain me is if TEP allows me to choose whatever phone I want off the shelf. No more treos. I would have gone 800w but after reading that area I would have to be into S&M to deal with that PO$. I'll be at Sprint on my lunch hour tomorrow. If they tell me nothing is wrong, then they can keep the phone and eat whatever I owe on my last month of service as I think my contract has been up. If its not up, they can come after me for the breakage fee all they want. I'll wait till they go Ch13 and have that whiped off the books. Between this phone, my slumlord landlord ducking my calls, Comcrap cutting my HD service every sunday from noon till 11pm has me fed up to here. Next step I'm going "Falling Down" on these business. That would be a total of 20 years of business relationships to flush down the toilet.
    Last edited by KJ78; 11/19/2008 at 02:09 AM.
    Obtained January 2008. Long-time Palm PDA user and was loyal Palm OS fan. Was so looking forward to having PDA and phone in one unit and waited for 755p to upgrade to a smart phone. Have now lost all faith in Palm after this experience. Treo 755p continuously laged, reset, and randomly calls home and my husband's phone --no joke --all the time. Sometimes it has turned the phone off and it has taken several attempts to get phone to come back on. Have tried software updates and other suggested fixes. Seems to work well for a spell and then back to strange behavior. Friday the 13th was particularly onerous...totally misbehaved. Was just simply unusable and that is unsat as work in medical field and need it to be reliable. May now have some clue regarding it's problem...Today when it refused to turn phone on for several hours after turning self off during night, I threw it down on desk really hard and called it a #$@&**piece of #$%*. I promise this is the truth...It immediately went to reset and then phone turned on. I THINK IT WANTS TO BE ABUSED. This was last straw!!! Have totally had it with the most unreliable piece of technology I have ever encountered!!! Am going to Verizon store in few minutes to get a Blackberry Storm even tho I will have to extend my contract and pay a huge amount of money to replace the piece of junk.
    New one...Callers can hear me fine, but I cannot hear anything. Strange thing is that on the phone ap, I don't even get the speakerphone icon anymore...so i can't even try to switch to speakerphone mode. This has now happened 2x in the past month. My first 755 was great for a LONG time, then all of a dudden I couldn't hear anything, got it traded out for a NEW (not refurb) one...that was less than a month ago...and now it's hving the same probel. is this a common failure or am I just lucky? Think there's any chance of getting them to upgrade me since this has happened 2x in a month?
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
    Twenty-two months of almost flawless service, from my 755p.
    Quote Originally Posted by StormChaser View Post
    New one...Callers can hear me fine, but I cannot hear anything. Strange thing is that on the phone ap, I don't even get the speakerphone icon anymore...so i can't even try to switch to speakerphone mode. This has now happened 2x in the past month. My first 755 was great for a LONG time, then all of a dudden I couldn't hear anything, got it traded out for a NEW (not refurb) one...that was less than a month ago...and now it's hving the same probel. is this a common failure or am I just lucky? Think there's any chance of getting them to upgrade me since this has happened 2x in a month?
    It's your headphone jack. Treos are notorious for this. Plug/unplug your headphones. This works most of the time. Well documented in this forum. Good luck.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    It's your headphone jack. Treos are notorious for this. Plug/unplug your headphones. This works most of the time. Well documented in this forum. Good luck.

I agree with this reply. I too have had to plug in the headphone again, play music, and unplug headphone, in order to get the speakerphone to work again. Sounds stupid, but it works. Nowadays, I don't even listen to music anymore with my Treo, especially with headphones, just so I don't have to run into this inconvenience again.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast