Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pughmat View Post
    I've had my treo one month and one week. While on the charger last night (normal every night) my phone hard reset by itself. I'm shocked. I haven't synced in about 3 weeks so I've lost all kinds of stuff. Very frustrating. How can the frigg'n phone hard reset on it's own. I thought that required the battery and a button held for this to occur?
    I did this on accident once - sort of. Mine was on the charger and it locked up or something so I pulled the battery, with it still attached to the charger. That I guess was akin to a hard reset because the was the end result - it wiped out everything even on the card.
    I realize yours was just sitting there and did a hard reset which is worse than my somewhat user initiated version.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    YMMV
    I had a very slight delay with contacts. Of course I have far less contacts in the stock PIM because I use an industry specific program for my business contacts. I imagine the lag would have been greater with more contacts.

I deleted McPhling and it went away. I
    I use McPhling too (it is pretty handy although the new Home button feature is almost as good - if only it were customizable).
    I have a slight delay when I first open contacts. I guess I could try deleting McPhling. I'm just not sure how that program/app relates to a lag in contacts...?
    I got my Treo 755 just last night and it did not work in a matter of hours! I had a red light after 4 hours of charging, and the phone would not turn on. Tried a soft reset, but still nothing happened. Plugged the phone back into charge, and now I don't even get a battery indicator light that anything is happening.

Have been reading these threads, with all the battery and reset problems and hope I have not made a big mistake. This is my first smartphone.

I am going back to the Sprint dealer as soon as they open to try to exchange this not working phone for another.

Any more advice?
    I guess just the usual questions - and not trying to insult your intelligence.
    You were using the wall charger and not trying to charge by way of the sync cable and a USB port (that may not have had enough power to actually charge it).
    Usually there is a little charge on the battery when you take it out of the box - the phone never turned on or didn't turn on after the charging issue?
    I took the phone back to the Sprint store yesterday, and they replaced it. Said the first phone was defective and that sometimes that happens.

The defective phone was working when I left the store, because of the small charge in the battery. But, it would not charge or work after I got home from the store.

The salesperson checked the battery and the charger . . . they were working fine. So, he said it was the phone.

New phone is working well after one day. But, will check posts and check in as I learn to use this! It's my first smartphone.
    Well between this site and www.mytreo.net you will learn a lot. You can usually find that someone has asked the question before you if you do some searching. If not just post a question and you'll generally get a fairly quick response.
    I have had my Treo for a little over a month now. Probably two weeks intow owning the phone, I had to reset my vision connection by calling Sprint Customer Service. After that, things had been working well until last night.

Last night, my phone crashed several times. It was the same situation identified here, Treo would be on Phone application and crash and restart. It did this probably 4 - 5 times. This morning after reading this thread, I cleared out the cache and cookies. They were both at about 3.9 mb.

So far, I'm hoping that fixes the problem. I currently do not have any applications stored on the phone. I did activate the voice dial trial period, but haven't used it so will probably delete it.
    CS I believe some folks have had problems with that voice dial app. If you continue to have problems try deleting it.
    Catherder,

Is there a way to get the voice application back if I delete? I don't think I will ever use it, but would like it available to download or store somewhere just in case.

Thanks,

Rick
    C5 that I am not sure of. Somewhere here in the forum I remember reading complaints abou this program and people deleting it and things improving.
    It can be re-downloaded by going to www.mobilevoicecontrol.com
    Thanks for the info.
    My Sprint Treo 755p is still working fine! Much improved over my 700p. Still get the occasional soft reset when entering the Web app, but even this is improved over the 700p. Overall, I'm satisfied. I'm not going to buy a new Treo for quite awhile hopefully. I really can't stand buying a new model nearly every year...what a waste!
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    My thread was one of the threads used to start this stickie. Just wanted to update you all. After my Blue 755p died within the 30 days, I have the burgandy since then. I have experience any problems like that with this one. So it safe to say that there are some bad apples in the 755p bunch but hopefully it can be determined within the 30 return/exchange period.

Once you get one that works right be sure to check out my Essential Freeware apps for the 755p. They all work without any conflict or side effects: http://www.palmloyal.com/addons.php?...rint&sid=17964
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    Once you get one that works right be sure to check out my Essential Freeware apps for the 755p. They all work without any conflict or side effects: http://www.palmloyal.com/addons.php?...rint&sid=17964
    Nice to have a list of recommended free programs however I can't see the value of "Cardkeeper" with the 755p. With the 650 it was easy to bump and eject the card. The 755p's miniSD is recessed deep, and has a cover.
    Interesting to see the existence of this thread. I've had my 755p since June 11th and about two weeks ago, I started noticing strange behavior. I don't keep much in the way of third party apps on my Treo...just the Slingplayer for Treo. Anyhow...the first time I noticed something strange was when e-mail locked up in the middle of a message retrieval. The keyboard wouldn't respond so I pulled the battery and put it back in. Flipped the Treo over and the Access Powered screen was just flashining repeatedly. So I removed the battery again and put it back in. This time it started okay, but I noticed just about everything (contacts, mail. memos, SMS messages, etc) was wiped out. Strangely enough, the Slingplayer application was still there, but its preferences were gone. So I re-synced and two days later the same thing happened.

I was a little paranoid that the Slingplayer app was causing the problem. I created a new account in HotSync and just performed a clean synchronization and left it off. Damn if I didn't have the same problem two days later. Since then I've had the problem four more times. It's always the same...Access Power flashing...do a soft reset...all data is wiped out. The latest thing thrown in the mix is that after the last couple of resets, I can't connect to Power Vision. It immediately throws up an error message that the network is not properly configured. I've tried everything...manual connections within the network preference pane, updated the vision profile, soft resets...nothing works. The only thing that fixes it is a hard reset. I'm pretty much at my wits end with this thing. The amount of lost productivity is starting to significantly add up.

I was out of town this weekend and needed to exchange phone calls with several colleagues and this happened. With my contacts wiped out I was dead in the water and I'm still furious over it. I'm ready to dump this thing right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by macmanmk View Post
    Interesting to see the existence of this thread. I've had my 755p since June 11th and about two weeks ago, I started noticing strange behavior. I don't keep much in the way of third party apps on my Treo...just the Slingplayer for Treo. Anyhow...the first time I noticed something strange was when e-mail locked up in the middle of a message retrieval. The keyboard wouldn't respond so I pulled the battery and put it back in. Flipped the Treo over and the Access Powered screen was just flashining repeatedly. So I removed the battery again and put it back in. This time it started okay, but I noticed just about everything (contacts, mail. memos, SMS messages, etc) was wiped out. Strangely enough, the Slingplayer application was still there, but its preferences were gone. So I re-synced and two days later the same thing happened.

I was a little paranoid that the Slingplayer app was causing the problem. I created a new account in HotSync and just performed a clean synchronization and left it off. Damn if I didn't have the same problem two days later. Since then I've had the problem four more times. It's always the same...Access Power flashing...do a soft reset...all data is wiped out. The latest thing thrown in the mix is that after the last couple of resets, I can't connect to Power Vision. It immediately throws up an error message that the network is not properly configured. I've tried everything...manual connections within the network preference pane, updated the vision profile, soft resets...nothing works. The only thing that fixes it is a hard reset. I'm pretty much at my wits end with this thing. The amount of lost productivity is starting to significantly add up.

I was out of town this weekend and needed to exchange phone calls with several colleagues and this happened. With my contacts wiped out I was dead in the water and I'm still furious over it. I'm ready to dump this thing right now.
    sounds like you are dropping the network. This is a issue with the 700p, and to a lessor extent the 755p. You need to try a ##DATA#, restore, then reset, ##DATA#, and Update Profile.
    Matty
  18. jhn
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    I am on my second 755, today it would reset every time I went into calendar. After several hard resets and restoring from my card, got it to work.

I have done the whole routine, hard reset, install one program at a time use it for a day, then another program installed. I think I may have the problem narrowed to being in Bluetooth mode. I don't really know, but that seems to be the common denominator when ever it did a reset.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    i got my 755 in july and was doing fine (this is too funny) until i found this thread... i'm only running bundled apps, and recently downloaded the pocket tunes update.

the next day after reading this thread, pocket tunes would bring up the apparently famous palm orange - and my phone would reset. then when i attempted to use google maps - the palm orange...

no idea...

came home and did a hard reset (and boy was that just polite - easiest reset i've ever seen) sync'd up and i'm back up and running. i have no idea what happened.

i think i got thread jinxed!
    I received my 755 on May 24th. I can't call it a 30 day meltdown. It was more like a 90 day meltdown. Earlier in the week my phone kept rebooting frequently throughout the day. Then one day it went into an unrecoverable endless reboot. I have to get a new phone. Which I'm currently waiting for. Good thing that I have the phone insurance. If the new phone does this, I'm switching over to the 8830 blackberry. I never had any issues with my 650.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast