Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    After 3 wks...
    •Intermittently losing Blazer web logons (cookies) though NOT clearing cookie cache
    •Blazer occasionally locks up while reloading page
    •Developing lag in some apps
    •Need to reset every few days.
    Not sure if the above is due to a single add-on app. but same apps were stable on my 650. Don't really have time to investigate. Overall 755p grade thus far... B.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Wow! I can't believe it! I am so glad I am not alone. For no apparent reason, my phone just got stuck in constant reset mode. Nothing had changed, and it just went in a constant loop. I had to do a hard reset in order to get things back. And now, my phone resets no less than 15 times a day. It resets when I connect a headset, it resets when I make a call, it resets when I am on a call. I am so unhappy right now! Not to mention that I am having iphone envy on top of it all!
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    I doubt they have refurbs at this time. If its used, I bet its exactly that, not refurbed
    From the phone app, ##786# will tell you the reconditioned status. Sprint policy is to NOT give used phones without reconditioning. If you get a used one, refuse it and ask to speak to the store or district manager. I had Sprint give me a demo phone as a 650 replacement a few years ago and it was more beat up than my phone. I called retentions and complained, they shipped a new phone to me overnight and gave me a $50 credit for the trouble. They also told me its against their policy to give customers used phones as warranty replacements.

Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by pluka View Post
    From the phone app, ##786# will tell you the reconditioned status. Sprint policy is to NOT give used phones without reconditioning. If you get a used one, refuse it and ask to speak to the store or district manager. I had Sprint give me a demo phone as a 650 replacement a few years ago and it was more beat up than my phone. I called retentions and complained, they shipped a new phone to me overnight and gave me a $50 credit for the trouble. They also told me its against their policy to give customers used phones as warranty replacements.

Paul
    yep they gave me a used 650 once also. same thing CS sent a brand new one. Appologized and said its against policy.
    I have had my 755p for 4 DAYS and am having several issues with it.

I upgraded from a 650 but did a clean install of my apps (Chatter, Datebk6, Filez, ThoughtManager). The Treo gets really laggy from time to time, and has reset about 4-5 times, which I didn't like but wasn't overly concerned about.

The big problem that I didn't even know I was having came yesterday when the IT department at work told me to bring my phone down to them. Apparently the Exchange ActiveSync in Versamail was pinging our corporate email server EVERY SECOND. My phone was single handedly bringing down the network. This also explained why I've only gotten about 4-5 hours battery life since I've gotten this new phone. I've disabled auto sync and will just sync my calendar and contacts manually I guess.

Then, just 20 minutes ago, the phone kept turning on and saying that Power Vision needed to be updated/configured (just like it did when I first got the phone), so I clicked the OK button, and it just sat there doing nothing for 10 minutes or so. It wouldn't turn off or cancel, so eventually I had to pull the battery. And of course, after putting the battery back in, the data network was working fine and I haven't had the updater start up since.

Sounds like I need to make a trip to the Sprint store tonight for an exchange or reprogramming.
    My problem is resolved. Turns out Alltel is turning up Evdo in my area(have no native Sprint Evdo). My treo kept disconnecting 1x to jump on evdo (which is not ready yet).

Did ##evdo and forced 1x and now everything is fine !
    Last edited by nomoresprint; 07/03/2007 at 04:38 PM.
    My Treo 755P has the same problem my 700P had: the audio plug quits working and no sound comes from the treo at all, even without headset.

Sometimes both microphone and speaker, sometimes just the mic doesn't work. The speakerphone icon disappears when I try to make a call and sound can't be played from any application. I can't hear the ringing when I call someone and we can't hear each other.

Not the TTY setting as I toggled that on and back off. I even did a hard reset, tried three different headsets (two wired, one bluetooth). I tried the compressed air in the port and slow in-out and wiggle of the headset plug. Well that worked once. Not working any more.

So guess it is the hardware switch thingo others talk about. Calling Sprint and hoping my hardware replacement plan I'm paying monthly for is real. Actually been on hold for 28 minutes and counting as I write this post. Ooo. they answered! I went through 3 700p. Looks like 2 755Ps and counting...

In (possibly) unrelated news, I've tried multiple bluetooth headsets (sony ericsson and plantronics 510) and have very sporadic connectivity and responsiveness. Could be user error but using my samsung phone with the same headsets is a breeze.

I had the phone reset when sending SMS messages and when I went to answer a few calls the day before this audio mess. Not sure it is related.

Sadly, I'm becoming curious about the new blackberries. Not ready for windows yet...

On the positive surprise side, my 4gg transcend mini SD card seems to work great, though the memory count in Filez goes negative doesn't seem to effect my ability to store lots of mp3s and tom tom application and maps.

A big THANKS to everyone who posts here I have found it so incredibly useful over the years.

-Rob
    UPDATE: After an hour at the sprint store-the time they promised they replaced my treo 755p. The only change I had was using the charger with the longer head, with three prongs covering the whole hotsync port. I am now only using the chargers with the smaller, single head, just in case. mystical relationship with my treo continues.
    Last edited by roberthony; 07/04/2007 at 12:42 AM. Reason: more info, resolution
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by slwatts View Post
    Wow! I can't believe it! I am so glad I am not alone. For no apparent reason, my phone just got stuck in constant reset mode. Nothing had changed, and it just went in a constant loop. I had to do a hard reset in order to get things back. And now, my phone resets no less than 15 times a day. It resets when I connect a headset, it resets when I make a call, it resets when I am on a call. I am so unhappy right now! Not to mention that I am having iphone envy on top of it all!
    If a problem continues after a hard reset, I would call Sprint and ask for tech support. The reprogramming that was done on mine seems to have solved the problem so far.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    If a problem continues after a hard reset, I would call Sprint and ask for tech support. The reprogramming that was done on mine seems to have solved the problem so far.
    I am definitely going to have to call tech support. I have had no success identifying the problem! I thought it might have been the IM since everytime I tried to open it, it reset. SO I deleted it. Then ereader started causing resets, so I deleted and reinstalled. Now, I can get to ereader but now resets are caused by an unknown application. I am so dissapointed. Plus, my battery seems to have a serious drain issue.

This morning, I took it off the charge at 6pm, and the battery was down to 19% by 9:30am. And I hadn't even made a call!!!
    New service as of June 25, first PDA type phone.

Issue 1: When power button is pressed to turn on the display the Msgs screen would appear. Not an inadvertent key press, keyguard on and phone sitting by itself sometimes. But not stuck there yet.

Issue 2: Hotsync drops connection and will not transfer MP4 video over 5megs in size. Also keeps converting to ASF format. This phone is supposed to support MP4 and aac according to both Sprint and Palm user manuals yet neither can be loaded using the Palm Desktop hotsync.

Issue 3: Hotsync deletes so called "old palm apps" and "incompatible apps" from phone. Puts them in Palm folder on PC. ???!!! These apps came with the phone!

Issue 4: Device now very unstable, crashing or freezing. Cannot restore apps to device by any method given in Palm KBase.

Issue 5: Now stuck in msgs screen. No access to apps. Phone still partly useable. Volume up side button crashs device. By accident found that clicking BT icon above keypad opened BT menu then 2 more clicks on icon and the clicking Done opened apps page!? Still most apps will not work. mytreo/menu/info shows that 61M of 62.8M of memory free. ie missing about 5M of apps and files that came preinstalled.

Issue 6: Tried all the reset, reboot hot, warm, cold methods. None worked. Device now gets hot when on charger (powercube or usb) and is draining battery in a few hours even when turned off because it's not working anyway. Screen went black, not just dimmed, and would not come back on while trying to get tech support on the phone. Resetting turned the display back on.

No offer by tech support rep to instruct on "resetting" the device using service code unlocking. Claimed this was the first they had heard of any of these problems! All the boards now have threads like this one. Except Palm and Sprint!
    Did you hotsync using an old version of HotSync Manager?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesburke View Post
    New service as of June 25, first PDA type phone.

Issue 1: When power button is pressed to turn on the display the Msgs screen would appear. Not an inadvertent key press, keyguard on and phone sitting by itself sometimes. But not stuck there yet.

Issue 2: Hotsync drops connection and will not transfer MP4 video over 5megs in size. Also keeps converting to ASF format. This phone is supposed to support MP4 and aac according to both Sprint and Palm user manuals yet neither can be loaded using the Palm Desktop hotsync.

Issue 3: Hotsync deletes so called "old palm apps" and "incompatible apps" from phone. Puts them in Palm folder on PC. ???!!! These apps came with the phone!

Issue 4: Device now very unstable, crashing or freezing. Cannot restore apps to device by any method given in Palm KBase.

Issue 5: Now stuck in msgs screen. No access to apps. Phone still partly useable. Volume up side button crashs device. By accident found that clicking BT icon above keypad opened BT menu then 2 more clicks on icon and the clicking Done opened apps page!? Still most apps will not work. mytreo/menu/info shows that 61M of 62.8M of memory free. ie missing about 5M of apps and files that came preinstalled.

Issue 6: Tried all the reset, reboot hot, warm, cold methods. None worked. Device now gets hot when on charger (powercube or usb) and is draining battery in a few hours even when turned off because it's not working anyway. Screen went black, not just dimmed, and would not come back on while trying to get tech support on the phone. Resetting turned the display back on.

No offer by tech support rep to instruct on "resetting" the device using service code unlocking. Claimed this was the first they had heard of any of these problems! All the boards now have threads like this one. Except Palm and Sprint!
    Sounds like you installed your apps from a backup on your PC and you have an app that the 755 doesn't like. My recommendation is to hard reset, rename your backup folder on the PC so the apps don't get reinstalled on hotsync, and then reinstall apps one at a time. There has bound to be a conflict with an app.
    I started having strange issues with mine. Turns out it was the voice command software that's free for exactly one month. I deleted it, and voila, OK now!
    <br>
    My 700p died when I installed the MR, so I got a free upgrade to a 700p. Three weeks later, it froze in the middle of a Versamail sync. Completely froze. Hard reset would not go past the Access screen. Sprint store happily gave me a replacement, which fortunately is more stable than the original 755, and more stable than my 700 or 650 ever were.

In fact, this particular unit is the first that has ever properly connected to our Exchange server. All this time I thought it was our server, but now I realize that the problem was really with my prior Treos. So, my experience reinforces the QC comments of many others in these forums ... If you get a good Treo, it is a great Treo. But sometimes it takes a while to find a good one.
  15. jhn
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    My 755p stated resetting it self everytime I would go from calendar to contacts to task, etc. After several calls to Sprint, several hard resets, then exchanging it for a new phone the problem continued on the new phone.

I think I narrowed it down to a program called Traffic which came from Palm's web site. I think is was free for 30 days, and then you have to start subscribing. I deleted it from the Treo and no more problems or resets. My resets started happening exactly 30 days after I had the phone.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    jhn,

Can you please give us a little more details on the Traffic program that you thought was giving you your reset problems.

There are a number of programs that use the name of (Traffic) e.g. TrafficStat , Traffic!(a game).

Please identify the program in more detail.

Thanks,
    Rich
    I posted to this thread about 3 weeks ago, and despite my research, my problems have still not gone away. I experience all sorts of lag, the occasional white screen & reset, as well as mystery resets when I am not even using the phone.

I'm interested in hearing more about the reprogramming that people have spoken about. I assume this is something I need to go in to the Sprint store & request. Can anyone elaborate on the process?

However the most mysterious symptom is when I use the address book application, Contacts v1.3.3, that came with the 755p. After I change a field and then try to move to another field, there is a 2-3 second delay and sometimes a series of clicks can be heard during this delay. And, when I finish editing a contact and click the 'Done' button, there is a delay of *8 seconds* while I see a white screen, and occasionally accompanied by a series of clicks, before I get back to the contact list. Has anyone seen anything like this? I got a 755p in mid June after having a 650 for 2 and a half years. I have approximately 2000 contacts, which may be contributing to this problem in some way, but I never had a problem like this on my 650.

Any helpful suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Daniel
    YMMV
    I had a very slight delay with contacts. Of course I have far less contacts in the stock PIM because I use an industry specific program for my business contacts. I imagine the lag would have been greater with more contacts.

I deleted McPhling and it went away. I
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I've had my treo one month and one week. While on the charger last night (normal every night) my phone hard reset by itself. I'm shocked. I haven't synced in about 3 weeks so I've lost all kinds of stuff. Very frustrating. How can the frigg'n phone hard reset on it's own. I thought that required the battery and a button held for this to occur?
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    Mine just wouldn't turn on after about 5 weeks. Attempted a hard reset which resulted in being stuck on the access screen. Apparently my sprint store quit doing onsite exchanges. They say they have to order replacements. WTF? Fortunately CS sent me a return kit and I purchased the replacement.
    At about the 7 week mark my blue one did this.
    I made a call with the bluetooth headset and talked for about 20 minutes without any problems. Carried phone and headset in the house and laid them on the counter to not lose the connection. Went back out to the car to make another call and it was totally dead. Did a soft reset (battery pull) and then resorted to a hard reset and it never went past the Access Powered screen.
    So I now have another blue one....
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast