Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    At this point, I'm sure I've past the 1 month mark. I'm probably among the very earliest adopters of the 755p as I got mine 2 days before the official release date. So far everything is still working okay with no major problems. I still say the 755p is noticeably better and more stable than the 700p.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Quote Originally Posted by southbound747 View Post
    (I don't wanna hijack this thread, but this is exactly why I am afraid to get a new treo when they come out. We are basically beta testers, and that really sucks. In theory, each new model should build on the progress of the earlier models. Never seems to work that way with palm. each new version seem sot bring its own issues)
    You know, I can't really say that I've had that many problems with my treos. I got a 700p a few days before it came out, and I still have it, and I don't have any problems with it. It was and has always been stable. The only issues I had were ringo on it. Other then that, it was good. I loved it. My 650 was fine as well. No issues with it either, and I still have that one too. My 755 I got maybe a wk after, and it was working fine until it started to have some problems, after exchanging it for a new one, its been VERY stable, no resets, no nothing, it actually seems to be a little quicker then the previous one I had. All in all, I've been very pleased with my line of Treos that I've had. My fiancee uses my 700 now, and she loves it, she also uses it for school too and no problems.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Sigh....I've been really wanting to order one of these devices. But now I'm scared to order one in fear that it'll have problems. I'm currently debating between the 755p on Sprint or a Blackberry Curve on AT&T. My voice line is with Verizon and its staying there, so I just want a data device that is reasonable, yet going to function well for me. I've ruled the Mogul by HTC(don't like the slider keyboard).

Maybe its just a few number of people with 755p problems...
    Mallow I am on my first smartphone, the Treo 755p and I love it! I have had mine over a month with no problems. <quickly knocking on some wood> Sprint can't be beat for a data plan if you go with Sero.
  5.    #25  
    The pro/anti Treo/Palm comments are fine, but not in this thread please. What I want to do here is keep track of the reports of "everything was working fine on my 755 and then...." There are plenty of other threads (or start your own) where you can say you hate Palm for not testing or that your Treo is doing great. If we can keep this thread to specific reports of this problem or links to threads that report the problem, then we might be able to narrow down what the issues are.

Back on track, has anybody besides myself had to get their Treo reprogrammed by Sprint Tech support. Since I have done that my meltdown has not returned.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    The pro/anti Treo/Palm comments are fine, but not in this thread please. What I want to do here is keep track of the reports of "everything was working fine on my 755 and then...." There are plenty of other threads (or start your own) where you can say you hate Palm for not testing or that your Treo is doing great. If we can keep this thread to specific reports of this problem or links to threads that report the problem, then we might be able to narrow down what the issues are.
    WELL PUT.

I don't post here very often. But I do visit to read up on the latest. I just ordered a 755P and I'm quite concerned about what I've read. However, I'm still willing to try it out. I have a 650 and found it curious that I had some issues with resetting a few weeks ago but now everything seems fine. Could it be a service issue?
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by click View Post
    WELL PUT.

Could it be a service issue?
    I guess that is possible, somebody posted about sudden problems with 680's. My issue though required a total reprogramming. Even a hard reset did not help. BUT the reprogramming so far has worked (then again, it has not been quite a month since the reprogramming, so we will see if it comes back!)
    Well, I've got one on order from Sprint. Should be here by Friday.
    I figure "no guts, no glory".
    I can add to the list of issues as they arise.(hope not)
    They gave me a pretty decent deal since I've been with them for awhile.

Am I in danger of getting a refurbed phone?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Had 755p for over a month... 2 soft resets to date....
    I have Butler, sling player installed...
    no real problems with resets but the last couple days I get the "updating databases" prompt when switching between any and all apps and sometimes I get serious lag....I have no idea why this started...
    I'm a Pre gal now
    I think the updating databases issue is linked to the voice dial app
    HTC Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by cathartic8881 View Post
    no real problems with resets but the last couple days I get the "updating databases" prompt when switching between any and all apps and sometimes I get serious lag....I have no idea why this started...

Mine has done exactly the same thing with this "updating databases " inbetween app. I soft reset a couple of times and still did it. Even a white screen for awhile and lag with the updating databases. I only did a trial nunance, when I first got my phone but never activated it. Anyway few days later it stop. Can not figure out why. I have on it:
    diddlebug
    dialbyphoto
    dir assist
    minitones
    nvbackup
    Winlauncher
    Just glad it stopped. The lag was horrible. But now it is fine.
    yea the lag and stupid data base update thing is horrible. I get the white screen and the lag is getting worse. I have kinoma,ptunes deluxe,minitones,colorize.toccer and chatter installed. do you think I should erase that voice dial feature? I don't use it but I activated the trial. funny thing is I activated the trial over a month ago and the 'updating databases' and lag just started... I'm so confused! I love this phone I just want this lag and stuff to stop! help!
    I'm a Pre gal now
    sorry for the double post but update:
    erased the voice command feature, soft reset and TADA! 'updating databases' and lag has dissapeared. in fact my phone is running faster than it ever has! I'm happy. love my Treo again
    I'm a Pre gal now
    Cathartic, glad you found the problem app. Getting rid of them sure can make a difference!
    Quote Originally Posted by cathartic8881 View Post
    sorry for the double post but update:
    erased the voice command feature, soft reset and TADA! 'updating databases' and lag has dissapeared. in fact my phone is running faster than it ever has! I'm happy. love my Treo again
    You are right. I did what you said and my 755 is so much faster. The lag and database came and went but now no lag and it is so much faster. I love treocentral.
    Well, I got my 755 via DHL on Thursday. Charged it up and activated the phone on Friday. Getting ready to go on vacation and will be tinkering with it to set it up to my personal preferences while I'm by the pool . And teaching my wife how to use my 650. So hopefully I can report any issues when the one month anniversary hits. So far though I'm quite pleased with the phone. No lag issues.
    But then I haven't really loaded anything to it.

In fact I'm very happy that Sprint gave me the Internet Plan for 10 bucks a month. The speed in that regard is MUCH better.

Battery life seems lacking though. Any suggestions?
    Mine just wouldn't turn on after about 5 weeks. Attempted a hard reset which resulted in being stuck on the access screen. Apparently my sprint store quit doing onsite exchanges. They say they have to order replacements. WTF? Fortunately CS sent me a return kit and I purchased the replacement.
    My 755 keeps disconnecting about 30 sec to 1 minute after I establish a Vision connection. When it disconnects, it freezes up for a few seconds.

Went to a Sprint store and they ordered me a replacemement. Hoping its not a refurb, but it most likely is.
    I doubt they have refurbs at this time. If its used, I bet its exactly that, not refurbed
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast