Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    I need help people. Here's the deal. I've done the MR with no problems. But, the other night, I was doing a manual back-up using CardBackup and a phone call came thru duing the first have of the back-up process. The Treo crashed. Didn't become usuable right away either. It got caught in a reset loop for a coulple mins, but once I popped the battery out and back, it stopped. (Which was strange because that's never helped a reset loop before) But when I immediately tried to do another back-up, (with the phone off this time), my Treo crashed, but no reset loop. But the next day, I tried to do a HotSync and the hotsync process freezes up when it gets to the memos part, which on the desktop says media. I thought this was a problem with my hotsync software on my PC, so I tried it on my laptop and the exact same thing happens. What do I do now? I do need my hotsync to work. It just gets to the part i mentioned above and just stays there. No error messages or anything. When I try to hit "Cancel" it never does cancel, and on my Treo, after hitting cancel, it takes like almost 20 mins to cancel. What gives?
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    somethign is corrupt on your memos.

is the PC, up to date with memos? if yes then go into Palm Desktop, and choose the option: "Desktop Overwrites the handheld"-- for memos

---NOTE--- THIS WILL COPY ALL MEMOS DATA FROM THE DESKTOP TO HANDHELD (so if your treo has important memos, I dont suggest this)...only do this if your desktop is up to date,

After, you get a successful sync, go back into palm desktop and choose the option "Syncronize" -done)

--what this does is it basically fixes the corrupted memosDB on your treo. (by overwriting it from your PC)
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post

is the PC, up to date with memos? if yes then go into Palm Desktop, and choose the option: "Desktop Overwrites the handheld"-- for memos

---NOTE--- THIS WILL COPY ALL MEMOS DATA FROM THE DESKTOP TO HANDHELD (so if your treo has important memos, I dont suggest this)...only do this if your desktop is up to date,

After, you get a successful sync, go back into palm desktop and choose the option "Syncronize" -done)

--what this does is it basically fixes the corrupted memosDB on your treo. (by overwriting it from your PC)
    I'll give that a try. Could it be because I installed a program called Treo Memo? (http://www.gx-5.com/products/treomemo/) I had it installed before I did the MR and I could hotsync fine. I just started having problems when that call came thru during a back-up session. But if you think TreoMemo is the cause, I'll delete it.
    Quote Originally Posted by djraw View Post
    I'll give that a try. Could it be because I installed a program called Treo Memo? (http://www.gx-5.com/products/treomemo/) I had it installed before I did the MR and I could hotsync fine. I just started having problems when that call came thru during a back-up session. But if you think TreoMemo is the cause, I'll delete it.
    I use Treo Memo religiously and have had not one problem with it. You could try to delete it and then resync it.

Since the MR, I have had the same problem with freezing when a SMS comes in or a call if I am synchronizing. There is really one option and that is to shut off the phone during synchronization. The older program "Treo Call Filter" used to send all calls to VM when connected to the cradle/cable.

Regards,

Jim
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post

that worked. thanks!