Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
Thread's been deleted.
Hmmm? The link I posted still takes me to the palm forum thread I noted. But in case you can't get to it...

post # 13
Quote Originally Posted by coachfitz
This problem is not a hardware issue. Everyone from Palm and your carrier will tell you it is....(like the next guy Alan G). I wish some of these super nerds wouldn't disseminate wrong information....it is an injustice and a waste of time....

Anyway, this problem is a software issue...and usually a 3rd party software issue. DO NOT PERFORM A HARD, SOFT OR ANY OTHER KIND OF RESET! DO NOT TAKE YOUR PHONE BACK TO THE STORE WHERE THEY WILL TELL YOU THAT YOU HAVE WATER DAMAGE AND CAN'T FIX IT AND IT VOIDS THE WARRANTY!

Simply find the PalmOne folder on your hotsync computer and rename the "Backup" folder to Backup.old. This will Hotsync all your contacts and calendar items but not your emails and text messages.

You will have to re-enter your email prefs and your text msgs are lost.

Good luck!"
post # 14
By the way the 3rd party software that I have is the Supra eKey which has worked fine always...and Diet and Exercise that I got of the Sprint website, which was acting up and restarting the phone recently. That was probably the culprit.....

After your rename your backup folder backup.old which is located under ProgramFiles/[username]/Backup you must perform a hotsync. By doing this you will also lose any 3rd party software that was installed on the phone along with the one's mentioned above.

Rob
post # 15
If you now go back into your old backup folder you can find your old preferences and programs that were probably not the problem. Copy and paste them back into your new backup folder. This way you can recover some of the items that you knew were not the problem......Also, I re-installed the Diet program and Supra eKey from scratch and everything seems to work now.

I just wish I never dealt with sprint or others on this message board!

Rob

Out!
I just got off the phone with Palm tech support and they had me perform a warm reset, which actually stopped the loop temporarily and gave me access to the applications menu and from what I can tell everything but the phone and web. BUT, I was able to hotsync to my PC.

BTW, Palm tech support agreed with the solution in the posts I mentioned except they want me to perform the hard reset, which the posts above state not to do and I'd prefer to avoid.