Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Resco Locker is free and can be found at Resco.net. DBFixit is free for diagnosis purposes, but costs $12.95 and can be found at PimlicoSoftware.com.
    Resco Locker is free:

http://www.resco.net/palm/locker/default.asp

If you want to know about using it you can google some guides fairly easy (there's not much to it, just knowing what to lock and what not to).

DBFixIt is $12.95, but I think there's a free trial period...
    http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/dbfixit.htm

There's also Palm Internals (free) which can help figure out some issues and what needs to be locked into memory.

Here is some help on how it's used with Resco Locker.
    http://www.resco.net/forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1496
    Here is PalmInternals download:
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/palminternals,457.html

If you google around you can find other guides on how to use the output that PalmInternals gives you. A lot of people use Palm Internals and Resco Locker together.

Sometimes you can get resets scanning your system with PalmInternals, not to worry though, they warn you about this and it doesn't do any damage.
    Hey thanks for all this help. I followed many of your steps and the phone is working better. It still resets here and there but I began to notice it happens when I click on the WEB broswer icon. The broswer opens, the screen is white with no homepage showing ... and then boom it resets. It must be something with the internet cache or memory.

This is the phone of having a treo ... learning its faults and fixing them ... I just feel for the price of the phone and the service they should be NO faults.

Thanks again
    well I got my 755 off ebay this past October, no REAL problems, only thing added was Carlorie King app, use bluetooth to sync with my wifes T/X and in my Ram pick-up. This morning pickup the phone and it has the low data message, didn't think much about it, pushed ok. About an hour later same message, do a reset, and now have a screen roating between the Palm logo and the Access Powered screen, so I guess it's toast?

Any chance Sprint store will replace it for $55, since I bought it on the bay?
    Quote Originally Posted by djabatiello View Post
    Hey thanks for all this help. I followed many of your steps and the phone is working better. It still resets here and there but I began to notice it happens when I click on the WEB broswer icon. The broswer opens, the screen is white with no homepage showing ... and then boom it resets. It must be something with the internet cache or memory.

This is the phone of having a treo ... learning its faults and fixing them ... I just feel for the price of the phone and the service they should be NO faults.

Thanks again
    Couple things to try. Turn off Blazer autocomplete. Delete the Blazer FILL files (use your file browser) and blazer history file. Set the blazer cache to 0mb, and clear the cookies and cache.

Yeah the NVFS should be better. If you get it setup right it can be pretty stable (the WM devices I've had crashed a lot as well).

As a side note, I wouldn't leave Reset Doctor on your phone long term if you are using it. It's good for diagnosing reset causes sometimes but some people have problems with it causing phone instability and sd card problems.
    Last edited by papped; 02/23/2008 at 02:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blockhead View Post
    well I got my 755 off ebay this past October, no REAL problems, only thing added was Carlorie King app, use bluetooth to sync with my wifes T/X and in my Ram pick-up. This morning pickup the phone and it has the low data message, didn't think much about it, pushed ok. About an hour later same message, do a reset, and now have a screen roating between the Palm logo and the Access Powered screen, so I guess it's toast?

Any chance Sprint store will replace it for $55, since I bought it on the bay?
    What if you hold down the red power button during the reset to do a hard reset (then let go when you see the access powered screen)?
    papped

That worked the first time I picked "no" to erase data and it did the same thing, tried it again and said "yes" and it worked

So how long will it live?
    It sounds more like something got corrupted in the file system rather than an actual hardware problem.

It could be a hardware issue though, hard to tell.
    how did you solve this problem? I'm stuck.... :-(
    follow the instructions from papped up above
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    It's been a while since I posted here. Just in case you thought silence meant that everything was working fine now... I thought I would let you know that my Treo 755p has been doing a Hard Reset about every month or so. Yes, that's a HARD reset, which erase everything in memory. It does this all by itself.

So instead of locking up completely, Palm decided that having it do an automatic hard reset every month was a "good enough" solution.

I've already tried to have Sprint replace my 755p and the one I have now is less than 2 months old. Same problem.

I've pretty much given up on my 755p. I feel sorry for anyone who owns one. Has anyone else seen this problem? It only happens if you use bluetooth.
    Has this unit been upgraded to the latest ROM?

Both Verizon and Sprint have 1.08 updates which supposedly addressed BT issues.

I had a 755p on Verizon die the access-screen-of-death, but my replacement has not had that problem.

Harold
    Mobile lawyering since 1988: Seiko --> Sharp Wizard --> Sharp Zaurus --> Palm III --> IIIx --> Vx --> m515 --> T|2 --> T|3 --> T|X --> Treo 755p --> HTC Droid Incredible
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I have Sprint on 1.0.7. Where do see the 1.0.8 update? The Palm website only shows 1.0.7, which was released a year ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by hfchow View Post
    I have Sprint on 1.0.7. Where do see the 1.0.8 update? The Palm website only shows 1.0.7, which was released a year ago.
    Here's a link to it:

Radio Patch (Windows Installer) Treo 755p for Sprint

FWIW, I have installed this update on my 755p (went from 1.07 to 1.08) and actually started getting more resets than before. I took my phone in to two different service centers, and the second said there was a problem with my phone and they would replace it. It's taking them a couple of days to get one but at least I'm getting a different phone out of them.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    so this patch actually causes *more* resets? hm..

but thanks for the link! i'm going to do some research on this before i try it, though.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    OK, I've installed the 1.08 patch on my 755p about 2 weeks ago. Today something interesting happened -- my Treo reset again when I connected it to my car's bluetooth headset. But this time, instead of doing a Hard reset, it just did a Soft reset!

Could this be the fix I've been looking for? So far, it looks promising.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    so.. the answer is no, it's not fixed. In fact, I think it's actually worse. Since I installed 1.08 the following has happened.

1. After 4 weeks, all my data was mysteriously corrupted. I have no idea what happened, but i started seeing unusual characters in my calender, and many programs crashed immediately. So I had to do a hard reset to fix it.

2. Today my Treo locked up completely. I could no longer turn it on -- it was just a dark screen. So I took out the battery, intending to do a soft reset. But... it turns out that my memory was wiped clean. i.e. it did a hard reset on me. This time, there was no connection to bluetooth involved. My Treo just sat there and decided to die.

I almost wish they'd remove that update because people get tempted into trying it because x-number of people had an experience that was barely better than their previous experience. However, there are y-number of people who had a horrible experience with the update.

That seems like such a great risk for so little reward that I wish the update would just disappear. Also I want a pony.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Hello,

My 755p just began the same reboot loop problem. Has anyone tried what "coachfitz" recommends in posts #13, 14 & 15 in the following thread:

Treo 755p: Reboot reboot reboot reboot loop - Hardware - Palm Support Community

And if so please post your results.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by mnea View Post
    Hello,

My 755p just began the same reboot loop problem. Has anyone tried what "coachfitz" recommends in posts #13, 14 & 15 in the following thread:

[url= 755p: Reboot reboot reboot reboot loop - Hardware - Palm Support Community[/url]

And if so please post your results.

Thanks!
    Thread's been deleted.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast