Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Well, the Sprint store took good care of me yesterday. I left there in less than 15 minutes with a replacement 755 (still blue) that seems stable...but it's early . ;-)
    Last edited by russwebb; 10/26/2007 at 08:16 AM.
    Russ

My Treo history > 600>650>700>755...All Palm, no windows mobile for me....
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    My blue one did the same thing. Palm is sending me a pink one.
    Do they have a "pink one"? I thought they just had blue, and burgundy.
    Matty
    Well you can add me to this list... I picked up my phone and it had an error message up saying something about a lack of data space. I checked my card and internal memory and both had plently left. I then figured it was time for a soft reset and when I did it never come back up.

Thankfully I do have insurance so going by the Sprint store today.
    David Smith

Me - Treo 755p
    Wifey - Treo Centro
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WreckRman2 View Post
    Well you can add me to this list... I picked up my phone and it had an error message up saying something about a lack of data space. I checked my card and internal memory and both had plently left. I then figured it was time for a soft reset and when I did it never come back up.

Thankfully I do have insurance so going by the Sprint store today.
    They will probably give you a new centro if you ask. The sprint employees think the centro is a downgrade from the 755p because of the price.
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyV View Post
    They will probably give you a new centro if you ask. The sprint employees think the centro is a downgrade from the 755p because of the price.
    I like the 755 better... have both. I was able to get it replaced for a new 755p.
    David Smith

Me - Treo 755p
    Wifey - Treo Centro
    One thing I have noticed with my 755p is that if I install some kind of program that alters certain phone function, something always goes wrong. Like I installed phone Technician last week so I can turn off the lcd completely during phone. Later on the LCD wouldn't stay on when it suppose to. I know this is subjective experience, but I advise in general people should stay away from installing applications that mess with the phone function of the treo.
    Mine died on Thursday with the same Access Powered screen. I have not added any additional apps other than Sudoku from Palm. I do use a Plantronics 510 BT headset regularly, and in fact, it had started acting strangely the day prior to the 755P's death. The phone acted as if it was paired to the HS when it wasn't anywhere near it, and it wouldn't pair when it should have. I got the warning about low available memory, then it froze, so I removed the battery, and now the Access Powered screen of death.

I must say that I'm now quite unimpressed with Palm after the runaround I've received trying to get my phone fixed under their 1-yr. warranty. I initially took the phone back to the Sprint Corporate Store where I bought the phone. Once I said that I didn't have Sprint's insurance plan, the guy stopped writing the service ticket and wanted to charge me $55. He told me if I wanted warranty coverage, I needed to call Palm directly.

So, I called Sprint CS first, and the gal was helpful. She had me do a hard reset, but then advised me I was going to need to call Palm. Fair enough.

I tried Palm's e-chat. The technician took me through a series of soft, warm, and hard resets before concluding the 755P was indeed in need of repair. I had to handle that via telephone, however, so I called and went through a similar procedure with a technician over the phone. She concluded the phone was indeed in need of warranty repair, but told me that Sprint handles all warranty issues. I told her that Sprint had told me I need to deal with Palm. She assured me that was wrong, and that by giving Sprint the Palm reference number, Sprint would handle the warranty issue.

So I called Sprint back, and of course he told me that, no, Palm would have to handle it. He said, however, if I took that Palm reference number to the store, they could work directly with Palm to get the issue resolved.

Trip #2 to store results in same story. No help - you have to deal with Palm. I told the guy I might as well smash the thing on the sidewalk, as I have a phone that's useless and no one willing to take care of the issue. I'm thinking at this point that I should have gone with the IPhone.

Call #2 to Palm required a little assertion, but I finally convinced the CS rep to authorize a return to Palm. She took just shy of forever to gather info and complete the submission. All that was left was to wait for up to 24 hrs. for an email explaining how to return the phone. Well, it's Sunday and I still have no email from Palm.

I bought this 755P as a business productivity enhancer. I had been reasonably satisfied with it until now. I wasted half a day on Thursday dealing with a phone issue that should have been resolved in one 30-minute visit to the Sprint store.

Unless Palm gets on the ball with this issue, this will be my last business with the company. No wonder their profits are sinking. I think I'll short the stock on Monday.

AM.
    Arrrggh. My 755p died yesterday. All I get is the Access Powered screen of death. I have tried soft/system/hard resets and getting nothing.

I am thinking that it has to be related to the bluetooth. I haven't installed any software on the phone in weeks and weeks. I have had the phone for about four months and have kept the bluetooth off, as I had problems with it. Yesterday a co-worker wanted to bluetooth me a contact, I turned it on, got the contact, and never turned the BT back to off. Put the Treo in my pocket and been getting Access Powered ever since.

Great, and its a corporate phone and they're very touchy about buying new phones. Going to be stuck with a tin can and string.
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyV View Post
    I got the access screen of death also. It happened when my jabra 150 was paired and I had just finished using it.

If this one dies I wonder if they will switch it with centro?

It got me too! In the middle of a meeting this morning my VZW 755 reset. No big deal. Has happened a million times. But the Access Screen of Death (ASOD) has knocked my Treo out for good. VZW is sending a replacement even though I am one day beyond the thirty day grace period.

I had not seen this thread before and am quite surprised it is a fairly common occurrence.
    Last edited by pdxtreo; 01/22/2008 at 02:47 PM.
    If you know how to talk to Sprint, it's very easy to get them to replace a phone. It doesn't matter what the phone is or if you have insurance or not.
    It seems you may be able to start a business and offer up to call Sprint for users for a fee :-D
    Sounds good, I get them to agree to something, X person gives me $20
    I have had this phone for 2 days ... brand new from verizon and I want to throw it out the window.

The battery stinks
    The volume is low
    The alarm is terrible
    It freezes allllll the time
    AIM and the internet make the phone RESET
    This phone is soooooo unstable I can not beleive they sell them.

Palm REALLLLY messsed up this time

Usually as years go on phones get better ... Palm must be polish !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by djabatiello View Post
    I have had this phone for 2 days ... brand new from verizon and I want to throw it out the window.

The battery stinks
    The volume is low
    The alarm is terrible
    It freezes allllll the time
    AIM and the internet make the phone RESET
    This phone is soooooo unstable I can not beleive they sell them.

Palm REALLLLY messsed up this time

Usually as years go on phones get better ... Palm must be polish !!!!
    Good first post! Really makes it look like you know what you're talking about.
    Thanks ... and I do know what I am talking about ... infact I build systems and customize OS for a living. Palm really screwed up this time. There phone and its OS along with their serive has diminished terribly.

Thanks
    Mine had a close encounter today...

I was reseting my Phone to get my BT headset to work.... pulled the battery out put it back in, got the ACCESS powered screen for about 5 secs, then the screen blacked out. I heard the phone powering on tone, but the screen was out, unresponsive... i tried a hard reset, the same thing, the screen just blacked out after the ACCESS screen. I tried another hard reset, and thankfully it responded after that.

WTH was that all about?

I am starting to think it has something to do with the BT radio... i see some instances here with BT too... because my SAG has been acting up lately, and been having a hard time connecting to my Moto S9 the past few days... is the BT radio weakening? how does it affect the cell radio?
  17. DJT
    I'm on my third Treo 755p from Verizon... in a month. First two locked up on the Access Powered screen (last one just did it two days ago) and I had to have them replaced with new phones. At this rate, it seems like only a matter of time before my third Treo 755p bites the dust.

Worst problem I've ever had with any Treo that I've owned. Would be quite a bit more tolerable if you could just hard reset and fix it. Being out of town on a business trip and having the phone totally lock up and cut you off from the world, though, would be pretty irritating. It has me seriously questioning whether or not I want to switch to something more reliable (possibly back to my Treo 650, which I could go for months without synching and not have to worry about this crap).
    Does anyone have the issue of their phone resetting and then looping from one screen to the other ... or just resetting itself for no reason at all.

I dont know how they charge so much for these phones and we have NOTHING but problems.
    Can't say anything about the reset looping, but random soft resets is usually database corruption of some sort, that or something that needs to be locked into memory and isn't (so then when the dbcache clears itself it dumps something it shouldn't, resulting in soft reset).

I would run dbfixit on all your databases to see if it find anything and use Resco Locker to lock any app that runs in the background all the time into memory (especially things that use system alerts, etc).
    Do these applications cost any money and where can I download them?

Thanks so much

The soft resets actually make sense now since you said the data gets backed up in memory... this happen when I am using Toccer IM
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast