Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002 View Post
    Was that 700p rock solid BEFORE the mr update? That lag issue was crazy. Bt issues were totally unacceptable for this type of phone too. Mp3 skipping was surprising. I guess it depends on what a person is able to put up with.
    I did notice the lag issue, but assumed that it was because I just copied ALL my 650 stuff over.

Since the BT was unacceptable, I just hard reset the treo and did the MR update. Now I have stable BT and no horrible lag - although some programs take longer to load than on the 650. The faster download speeds make up for it though....
    Cheers

Charles
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    UPDATE: My blue Treo 755p is dead. Tech couldn't do anything (Duh, why else would I be there if it was something to be done).

I have the Burgundy one now because the they didn't have any more blue in stock.

The new one still have the long initial Blazer lag when starting.

But the blue one had some issues. I kep meaning to mention it on here, my blue one took a loooonng reboot time. I mean everytime it rebooted, took about a minute to get past the 2 logo screens. Now with the new phone it boots up as fast as my 650 did.

RIP little blue Treo.
    My blue one did the same thing. Palm is sending me a pink one.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    dude, the EXACT same thing just happened to me. My blue Treo 755p was set up to pair with the bluetooth in my car. And it just DIED. All I get is the Access Powered screen, and nothing I do makes it go away.

Sounds like a pretty serious problem. I need to stop by the Sprint store tomorrow morning.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    stopped by the Sprint store and had their tech look at the phone. came back an hour later and they said they couldn't fix it. (as I expected, after reading the above posts). Since I had my phone for less than 30 days, they gave me a brand new one.

So this is now blue Treo 755p number 2. BTW I have decided to purchase Sprint's insurance policy, which includes a free replacement if the phone dies again. It turns out if you have the phone for > 30 days, they will NOT replace your phone unless you have the insurance policy. Kindof a scam/ripoff if you ask me.

But since the root cause of the problem has not been fixed -- I expect my phone to die again in about 21 days. Stay tuned...
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    well... it was a good 2 months and 14 days. but Treo 755p number 2 has just died. And yes, it's the exact same problem -- it hangs on the Access Powered screen and never comes back. This time I was uploading a file via bluetooth. I was doing this because the Palm desktop does not allow me to install files if I am using Windows Vista.

So I am going to the Sprint store tomorrow to see what they say. Wish me luck.

I am starting to think iPhone now..
    My 3rd 755 in 2 months just died in exactly the same way. I've been having problems with it all day, did several hard resets; the last time synced only my contacts and calendar. It worked for a few hours, then, when I went to activate my bluetooth headset, it rebooted itself and locked on the Access Powered screen.

I'm wondering if the bt headset can be causing this. I'm using the Plantronics Voyager 510, and I've heard there are compatibility issues. Does anyone know if a bt device can cause the phone to die?

I've now had one phone with a non-functioning key and two that have died on the booth screen. Sprint has been kind and replaced them all in store, but yeesh, this is getting old.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    The good news is that Sprint seems to understand that this is a recurring problem. So they just gave me a new phone -- no hassle whatsoever. I thought that was nice. Plus I now have 3 AC adapters and 3 USB hotsync cables.

The tech guy at Sprint says he thinks there was a "bad batch" out there, and that most people have not had a problem. I personally think it has more to do with people who use Bluetooth versus those who don't. (so yes, dwah I think that using a BT device will cause the phone to die)

Still... I'm going to hold out hope that Treo 755p number 3 will last longer than 2 months and 14 days. Anyone want to take bets?
    Thanks HFChow for your experience. I'm on day 3 of #4 and all is well. I'm being somewhat slow in reinstalling apps to see what happens. I wonder if you are right that the BT is the culprit--and if Sprint/Palm is planning to do anything about it. It must be expensive replacing phones every couple of months.

BTW, I spoke with a Plantronics rep who said the Palm 7xx series implementation of BT was faulty and that they (Plantronics) did not certify any of their headsets with the phone. Scary.
  9.    #29  
    I would suggest getting the 2nd unit from a different store. My bad one was received in the mail, the 2nd (and last one for me) was from a physical store. I am in a big city so smaller towns may not have as many options.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I've had my Treo 755p for about four months now and haven't had problems with it, except for Bluetooth compatibility problems with my Acura HandsFreeLink. Yesterday I was using my phone and it froze, and when I tried to reboot it by removing the battery, it hung on the "Access Powered" screen. I found this page by using Google, and it sounds like we all had the same problem.

I went to the Spring store today and told them about this thread, and unfortunately, the assistant manager didn't do anything except offer to replace my DOA phone for $55, which is apparently their standard policy. He did offer me the ripoff $7/mo. insurance, which I declined, as I agree it's a scam.

It's a shame I didn't get as understanding a Sprint rep as you guys did, as I was forced to pay the $55 as I need to have a working phone. I'll be calling up Sprint customer service shortly to relay the incident. I really hope Palm gets off their asses and fixes this problem permanently.
  11.    #31  
    Seem like it would be a Palm warrenty issue at the first 30 days. itt would be free but you would have had to wait until it was mailed.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    My blue 755p just reset while trying to access the web and will no longer get past the "Access Powered" screen. Headed to the Sprint store in the morning.
    Oh man... I have my phone in at Palm for this same problem. I use BT every day with it. One day it just died at the Access Powered screen. It was 3 months old. Sprint wanted me to pay $55 for a replacement but I think that is a rip considering it is under the original warranty. Sent it in to Palm instead. They broke it and told me that the phone is broken and they will not fix it! THEY WANTED TO CHARGE ME $199 AFTER THAT! Insulting to say the least. They they deferred me to claim it with FedEx...
    I talked to corporate and they basically said, "sorry, we have no proof that we broke it. It must have been broken when you sent it in or during shipping."
    I called back a second time to complain that I have absolutely no recourse if FedEx denies my claim because Palm threw away the original packaging to prove it was damaged in shipping... Palm has no provision for determining if an employee broke it or it was shipping. The package was signed for and NO mention of damage was noted at that time. Only after 12 days do they call me to say it is broken and then said I have to take it up with FedEx. Something is fishey. So, they are going to look further into it and call me tomorrow. The Corp rep agreed it was suspicious...
    Do yourself a favor and pay the $55 and don't mess with Palm. I am now out $500 for not wanting to pay the $55 extortion to Sprint. (I paid retail for the phone).
    Long story short... It sounds like this is a Bluetooth problem with this Palm. Now I feel really slighted if it is a widespread problem and they are trying to shaft me... I am so upset at Palm right now..............
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    I got the access screen of death also. It happened when my jabra 150 was paired and I had just finished using it.

If this one dies I wonder if they will switch it with centro?
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Well, Palm came through for me! After closer scrutiny, they found the screen was NOT broken. The issue they had was with a tamper proof sticker. I had the phone in the Sprint repair center the day I sent it back to Palm so that is likely the place, if any, that the device was opened. The repair facility thought I would opt for the $55 replacement, but I did not so they gave my phone back. Who knows what they did to it for the couple hours they had it.
    Anyway, I am happy to report that John came through for me and the latest word is that they will indeed fix the device for me! Thank you Palm! The also apologized for jumping to the conclusion that I opened my phone!
    I just hope the repaired phone lasts longer. I use my BT every day to connect to my Prius' hands free connection. (Works great by the way. Very good quality.)
    Quote Originally Posted by warrior47321 View Post
    My blue 755p just reset while trying to access the web and will no longer get past the "Access Powered" screen. Headed to the Sprint store in the morning.
    The Sprint Customer Service Rep tried a soft and hard reset, said he'd never seen this problem before and promptly programmed a new phone for me. I hotsync'd my last state into the new phone and so far no problems.
    well same problem happened to me over the weekend i was pairing my bluetooth headset which i have done 1000 times before with this treo and headset. well it shut off , access powered came on and never left, no hard reset or soft or anything. I took it to the sprint store they never seen this happen, i had no insurance, i mean it went from $3.00 to $7.00 thats nuts, so i had to pay $55 for a replacement that wont come in until wednesday so im without a phone for 5 days , i have had a treo since the 300 days and im getting pretty fed up that , every single one of these phones has an issue, the 650 was the most stable after 100 updates.
    Add me to the list...mine died this morning as I was on my way to work. Mine also died after I turned my bluetooth headset on. I'm going straight to Sprint as soon as I leave work.

**update**

after a 30min wait at the Sprint store, they gave me a brand new phone with no hassle. However, I had everything backed up on an sd card and took it out prior to entering the store. I put it in my front pocket (the same pocket that I had my Nokia BH-800 bluetooth headset in) and when I placed the card in the new phone it did not recognize it. I stopped by another store on my way home because I didn't feel like turning around. They didn't have service techs there so I put my card in the demo phone...same result. I put the card in my computer's card reader and it's saying that the card needs to be formated. Is it possible that the magnet in the bt headset wiped my card out? Or is it possible that my old defective phone fried it??? This is not my day.

**2nd update**

It turns out that nvbackup encrypts your data on the card, so that's why I was unable to restore from my card. I guess your new phone has to have the same hotsync id as your old phone. Hotsync to your computer and give your new phone the same hotsync id. Then place the sd card into your new phone and you will now be able to see the nvbackup icon. Restore from your last backup and viola!!! I can't believe I figured this out by myself. I almost re-formated my card. I'm glad I didn't. I hope this helps others.
    Last edited by 9thfloormaniac; 10/09/2007 at 07:38 PM.
    Add me to the lists of those with the Access screen of death...I'm on hold with Sprint CS right now...
    Russ

My Treo history > 600>650>700>755...All Palm, no windows mobile for me....
    After getting my replacement phone is actually way more stable and responsive than my old one. i guess not all the phones are built the same
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast