Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    Why would you ever try to restore from a backup after the MR install? I'd want to carry over the absolute minimum number of files, settings and whatnot from the pre-MR state.

Has the countdown to MR2 started yet?
    I think the biggest reason is that many have either lost or misplaced software registration codes and cannot do a clean install. In my case, the Skyscape products are such a pain the the rear, but I saved the passwords and all was well. It makes a point for keeping a log on the computer of all registration codes. One technique I use is to create a folder in Yahoo or Hotmail or GMail that is easily accessable from any computer and store all my registration coded in there. That way I am not tied to a home computer should the worst happen.

One can only hope and dream about the MR2. I am thinking that they may never release due to the fact that it may produce a entirely new set of problems.

Regards,

Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    I've had no problems since the upgrade, well, at least no problems that aren't included as "features" i.e. virtually non-existent ringer volume.
    Are you referring to how it appears to fade in? If so, read the following thread.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=145262
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12