Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Hi,

I use Verizon, which likely will get the 755 in a few months. Anyhow, I know Google maps are loaded on the 755, which is new in a treo I understand. But-does the 755 also have a GPS antenna like on cellphones in Verizon that have VZ Navigator? I have used VZN on my LG 8300 and it is fantastic.

Would appreciate any info. I use a Palm T3 at my medical office to run Epocrates among other things, and would like to move up to a Treo. But...the current Treos don't have VZ Navigator as an option. I will not move up to a PDA cellphone unless it has GPS...built in. I was hoping that the 755 would have GPS built-in like so many Verizon cellphones. TomTom makes a neat little Bluetooth GPS antenna to get GPS on Treos, and that would be an option if the 755 does not have GPS built in.

Thanks
    Roger
    The 755 Sprint model doesn't have the Telenav GPS option that Sprint offers, so unless there is an update on the Verizon model I doubt it will support VZ Navigator. Sorry. If you look at other threads here there are add on options to do this.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Actually Telenav is supported, just takes a PUK like TomTom

http://www.telenav.com/products/tn/devices/sprint.html
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    The 755 Sprint model doesn't have the Telenav GPS option that Sprint offers, so unless there is an update on the Verizon model I doubt it will support VZ Navigator. Sorry. If you look at other threads here there are add on options to do this.
    I went down and talked to a Sprint rep. today. The 755, like other Treos, is not geared up for GPS. Google maps but they are not linked to GPS. Would have to get TomTom for PDA or Telenav. The ad for one of these, shows a woman putting the antenna device into her pocketbook. Hmmmmm. can the antenna pick up a satellite signal through lipsticks, and whathaveyous???

Roger
    Quote Originally Posted by DrRoger View Post
    I went down and talked to a Sprint rep. today. The 755, like other Treos, is not geared up for GPS. Google maps but they are not linked to GPS. Would have to get TomTom for PDA or Telenav. The ad for one of these, shows a woman putting the antenna device into her pocketbook. Hmmmmm. can the antenna pick up a satellite signal through lipsticks, and whathaveyous???

Roger
    My BT-338 works fine in my pocket at picking up GPS signal, it even works inside my house accurately. Only place that I had some issues was using it in my pocket in San Francisco but it worked fine when in my hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrRoger View Post

Roger
    Roger, first I didn't mean you couldn't purchase Telnav for the Treo, what I meant was that Sprint's GPS service (also called Telnav) won't work with the Treo. Like you've said, you have to purchase it as a separate program. As for working through a purse and other stuff, here's an example for you...almost nothing is as hard to penetrate as glass and they do.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    As for working through a purse and other stuff, here's an example for you...almost nothing is as hard to penetrate as glass and they do.
    That' why they're crazy about diamonds!!
    Heh!
    R