1.    #1  
    Okay, I've never initiated a text message before. I've only responded to those that have come in. I am trying to send one so I've done what the instruction said, went to messaging and put in the phone number that I want to use. There is a place for a photo and a place for text. I filled out the text and when I went to send a pop-up came up that says. "There is no content. You must insert a photo or a video before this message can be sent." This is in the same location that a thread of messages from my daughter is, and I don't have a SMS or MMS icon on the 755, just messages. Anyone able to help? Do I have a setting wrong? I read the user's guide and it seems I'm doing everything it says. Thanks.

UPDATE

Okay, I tried to delete this message but can't. I found the drop down that says to "send a text". Such a newbie.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    lol. the MOST noobish question ever. LOL..hahaha

no worries though Rick, I know you're not a treo noob..just a sms newb.

answer: you are currently in the MMS mode (which requires a photo or video).

change it under preference to start with SMS (and not MMS)
    Its weird how there are a lot of people that don't know how to do this. I know teenagers that have no clue how to send text messaging.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    answer: you are currently in the MMS mode (which requires a photo or video).

change it under preference to start with SMS (and not MMS)
    Thanks, that did it Sure helps to open that way, I thought I was going to have to change it everytime I opened the program.

Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    Its weird how there are a lot of people that don't know how to do this. I know teenagers that have no clue how to send text messaging.
    Actually, even though I never used them, it was easy on the 650 because it had an SMS program and a separate MMS program. Now that I have free text with SERO I figured I ought to get with the plan and use it when I want to.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas