Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Maybe I'm missing something but I just recently downloaded ChatterEmail using the Exchange plugin. I've tested sending e-mails from my personal web account to my Exchange (work) account to see if the "push" worked correctly. Now the messages hit my Inbox in Outlook (on my PC) WAY BEFORE arriving on my 755p. At the bottom on my Exchange mailbox in Chatter it says "Listen" but I eventually did a sync to get the message after 2 to 3 minutes of not receiving the message. Am I doing something wrong?

I was attempting to use Chatter as a replacement to Versamail (EAS) because the "As Items Arrives" sync option annoys the hell out of me because of the "EAS account: Please press the sync button" alert every 10 minutes (view the existing threads for this message and there appears to be no deffinitive solution so I went with Chatter).

I guess I can use Versamail with "timed pulling" every 5 minutes to get as close to "push" as possible. Any suggestions on Chatter?
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I had the same problem, it would just sit on the listen status.

Never did get it resolved as presumed it was our SBS installation at work so would be interested in hearing if this can be resolved.
    Works fine here. Emails from Exchange arrive instantly.

However, since adding Exchange, I do have an issue with my AOL IMAp account that also pushes. Sometimes when sending from IMAP, it hangs on SMTP HELLO. I have to reset connection (ctrl-r) when this happens, sometimes several times. It either seems to happen a lot, or sometimes for a day or two hardly at all. Marc was never able to find anything going on. Never happened before I added the Exchange account. My uneducated guess is that it has something to do with the back and forth between Chatter and the Exchange server tying things up. Anyone else seen this? I would love a solution.....
    Can someone post or email me the EX plugin please. www.explugin.com has been taken down.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I'd be grateful for that as well please if anyone has it.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post
    Works fine here. Emails from Exchange arrive instantly.

However, since adding Exchange, I do have an issue with my AOL IMAp account that also pushes. Sometimes when sending from IMAP, it hangs on SMTP HELLO. I have to reset connection (ctrl-r) when this happens, sometimes several times. It either seems to happen a lot, or sometimes for a day or two hardly at all. Marc was never able to find anything going on. Never happened before I added the Exchange account. My uneducated guess is that it has something to do with the back and forth between Chatter and the Exchange server tying things up. Anyone else seen this? I would love a solution.....
    Can you share your settings or something. There has to be a reason as to why my configuration (either the Treo or Exchange) is not working as yours.
    My guess is that it may have something to do with the configuration of your Exchange server.
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Thanks Rhino, now just need the manual with the instructions. PM'd twitch3 so hopefully I'll get that soon too.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post
    My guess is that it may have something to do with the configuration of your Exchange server.
    When I had my 700wx I received the mail before I could see the mail in Outlook on my PC so I don't think it is Exchange but if so, what might it be. We have UTD enabled (bka Always Up To Date) I'm a little confused.
    I installed the EX file. Chatter will not see that it is installed. When I select exchange in the trial chat, it keeps saying I have to check it out at the non existant web site. What advantage does chat have over VM, to go to all this trouble?
    Matty
    Did you install both files? EXsync and I think EXsend was the other.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Ah, hell. Thanks Nacho. It works. Okay, what it the advantage over VM, EAS?
    Matty
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    When your exchange account is in push mode, doesn't your battery drain quickly? That is my experience anyway. (700p Sprint). I just sync every 1/2 hour.
    First of all, thanks Nacho. I got it to work with my corp exchange. Now on t to the points. It was cool that pictures included in the emails would show on screen. However, that was about it. My talking points are in Versamail etiquite. Chat no "Remote" global address book for the corporation I work for. VM-yes. No "Push" pseudo blackberry email option. Other than persistant, in which VM scored still faster than chat. No syncing of Contacts, or Calendar within chat, with my corp exchange. I had to leave VM set up with the corp exchange to "manually" sync. Other than the pictures showing up within the email, as far as my work, chat fails miserably. Now if all I had was email with an ISP, chat would be cool.
    Matty
    I'm still waiting for someone to send me the older Chatter manual so I can attempt the exchange setup. To date, I have never sync'd with my works exchange server.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Only email can push sync with chat.
    Matty
    If it wasn't for my corp email, I would prefer chat. But, in my case, Versamail with EAS comes closest to Blackberry push of all the Treo email apps. I have not tried Snapper, which I am told, with IMAP4 will do it better. But, the company I work for claims not to support IMAP4, so I have little choice. Plus, Snapper is expensive. Probably, for the ones I've tried, Agendus does well with syncing of calendars, and contacts as well. But still no global address lookup.
    Matty
    I can't install the files, I get this error:

EXSend.prc could not be installed (0x400b)
    EXSync.prc could not be installed (0x400b)

Any ideas?
    Strange.. shut down Chatter and try to sync them.

Palm Pre wallpapers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast