Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Does Butler play nice with the 680? Does it have any compatibility issues with any other software?
    Works great.
    No problems at all.
    A must have program.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Hmm, you can't disable the button-handler and it causes MegaLauncher to switch between ML and Applications each time I press the Home key. No fun
    Butler has nothing to do with your problem.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Butler has nothing to do with your problem.
    It may be some incompatability between Butler and MegaLauncher, or some conflict with another app, but it is only seen once Butler is installed. So it does have something to do with it obviously.
    Quote Originally Posted by braj View Post
    It may be some incompatability between Butler and MegaLauncher, or some conflict with another app, but it is only seen once Butler is installed. So it does have something to do with it obviously.
    Using Butler to assign MegaLauncher to the Home key or something? If so, can't MegaLauncher do that itself?

I don't see anyone else complaining about Butler and MegaLauncher, so I suspect other issues.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    It is a 'feature' actually. Per the info in Butler:

"You can even assign the home key to a different application - though so you don't get into trouble, if you press it twice it will always bring you back to the default launcher application."

That's not the behavior I want I just want it to ignore the home key completely.

Anyhow, because of this when MegaLauncher runs and you set it to intercept the home key and then run Butler, it will grab ML and auto-insert it as the item to associate with a home button press. But since it always will launch the default launcher on the second press, and it is no longer set to the default, it will toggle back to the default launcher. It seems that a work around is to delete ML from the button list as the last action you take before exiting Butler. But then you have to do this EVERY time you exit Butler, and there still may be an issue with this since I haven't tested it extensively.

I wish it just worked. The thing that makes me hesitate registering Butler is the fact that it does so much it has the ability to malfunction with other apps on many levels.

Anyhow, I don't know if it's ML's bug or Butler's. But it's not mine.
    Let me guess... You still have MegaLauncher set under the Home key in Butler, AND in MegaLauncher?

Just set Butler to the default in the keys... I don't have anything set there, and I have absolutely no problem. I don't use MegaLauncher, but any third-party launcher is pretty much in the same boat with the 680 where the Home key works a little different than it did before.

For Home, Butler just says "Application" for me. I'd try setting it to default.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Let me guess... You still have MegaLauncher set under the Home key in Butler, AND in MegaLauncher?

Just set Butler to the default in the keys... I don't have anything set there, and I have absolutely no problem. I don't use MegaLauncher, but any third-party launcher is pretty much in the same boat with the 680 where the Home key works a little different than it did before.

For Home, Butler just says "Application" for me. I'd try setting it to default.
    Nope, I tried all the possible options, it must be the way MegaLauncher intercepts the home button. If I set Butler to Applications, then launch MegaLauncher, then go back into Butler, MegaL is again populated as the app for the home key first press.
    I used to have butler but had some problems with the 680 so I removed it. Butler updated their version to 4.09 here recently and I believe that it has fixed all problems with the 680. Runs great on mine now for about a week.
    I ran 3.xx and each of the 4.xx versions on the 680, never a problem.