1.    #1  
    Okay so I'm sure this has been discussed before... I guess.

Anyway, I use Mundu and (was too late for verichat) I love how if I'm doing something else that the message pops up and I can send a quick reply without having to leave the screen I'm in.

I luv that!

Why can't they do that for our SMS? I absolutely love love how we already have the best SMS of any phone but I wondering if this is something they'd have in future treo's?

And just as I typed "future treo's" I realized maybe I might be moved. hehee

Anyway, I'm just venting a little because I text a lot and most of the time I'm on the internet on the phone or doing something else on the phone and want to reply but don't want to get out of the screen I'm in.

I can't be the only one, right?

Anyway, I love my Treo and wanna talk to someone about it. heh

ETA: I also just realized that I'm talking about a communication feature which is also not for this forum. Sigh.

I'm okay to be moved. Just don't yell at me!
    bouncing off the top of this cloud. I'll be on VIRB.
    That would be a terrific feature for the SMS client to have. I guess Palm designed it this way to maximize stability since the OS has limited multitasking capabilities.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    Toccer does it also. I like toccer because I only use AIM and I like to switch between work and personal AIM accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by starria View Post
    Okay so I'm sure this has been discussed before... I guess.

Anyway, I use Mundu and (was too late for verichat) I love how if I'm doing something else that the message pops up and I can send a quick reply without having to leave the screen I'm in.

I luv that!

Why can't they do that for our SMS? I absolutely love love how we already have the best SMS of any phone but I wondering if this is something they'd have in future treo's?

And just as I typed "future treo's" I realized maybe I might be moved. hehee

Anyway, I'm just venting a little because I text a lot and most of the time I'm on the internet on the phone or doing something else on the phone and want to reply but don't want to get out of the screen I'm in.

I can't be the only one, right?

Anyway, I love my Treo and wanna talk to someone about it. heh

ETA: I also just realized that I'm talking about a communication feature which is also not for this forum. Sigh.

I'm okay to be moved. Just don't yell at me!
    Although this is not as convenient as answering a popup, Hobbyist Software's Butler program has a feature that allows you to use the volume buttons as an app switcher. So, for example when an SMS comes in you can answer it, then press the volume down button and go back to whatever app you were in before the message came in. The only disadvantage is that some apps don't switch back immediately and/or don't go back to the exact point you were before leaving to answer your message.

The new app switcher in the 700p's 1.10 rom may also be able to accomplish this.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    fyi, you're NOT too late for verichat. if u snoop around this forum, you'll find everything u need to get up & running in no tiem. if u need help, let me know...

-split