Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Just got a shiny new SanDisk 4GB SDHC card and my Treo 680 can see it OK, but when I tried to format it with my phone it got stuck on "formatting" for ever.

How long should it take? Or should I format it via a card reader? Or doesn't it need formatting anyway?
    What's the card speed? It will take awhile if it's a slow card. It's much faster to format it on your PC...
    Just curious where and how much did you get it for? I'm thinking of getting one myself
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bokyo2 View Post
    Just curious where and how much did you get it for? I'm thinking of getting one myself
    I suspect it's not much use to you if you're over there in the US, but I got it from the super-cheap UK site 7dayshop.com. Cost me 17.
    FYI,

Just got my 8GB SDHC his week from newegg.com for $85 shipped, including a sdhc usb reader. It is a Transcend class 6 (fastest) and it worked perfectly outta the box without formatting on my 680. Already fat32 outta the box.

The only issue is that frankengarnet does not display all 8gb when showing total space. All is accesable tho. Now I have it so full that only 85mb remains and I cannot tell a speed diff from my other 60x 1gb card. Super.
    Patrick Horne