1.    #1  
    Is there a setting within Blazer or Kinoma to automatically start playing a multimedia feed on Kinoma when selected in Blazer? i.e. like how real player or windows media will play automatically on a computer's browser. Thanks
    Kinoma would have to register with the OS that it handles those file types. That's how it works for Pocket Tunes playing audio files. I believe the latest version of Kinoma is supposed to have this, since Hobbyist Software reported that recently. Initiate needs that support to be able to launch Kinoma for media files.
  3.    #3  
    I have the latest version of kinoma but I don"t seem to be able to watch things from Blazer. Not sure if I need to set something up in the settings or if was supposed to work automatically.
    I can't bring up even youtube via blazer-kinoma. I have to copy-paste to get it to work. The kinoma site claims it will though.........
    Matty
    From Kinoma FAQ:

Which Palm web browsers can be used to start streaming movies?

The built-in web browser on all Palm Powered handhelds and Treo smartphones can be used to initiate some kinds of media streaming. For example, all web browsers correctly transfer rtsp:// links to Kinoma Player 4 EX. However, beyond this, the level of support provided by these web browser varies widely. Not all web browsers are able to initiate streaming of all media links. The details of support on common devices is described below.

On the Treo 700p smartphones, Blazer 4.5 browser transfers nearly all supported streaming media links and play lists to Kinoma Player 4 EX. In some cases, the browser first displays the 'Download' dialog, asking whether to 'Play' the stream or download the content to the device. Pressing the 'Play' button will launch Kinoma Player 4 EX to receive and play the streaming media content. Blazer 4.5 is the only web browser that supports transfer of streaming media links to Kinoma Player 4 EX.

On the Palm T|X, the Blazer 4.3 browser transfers M3U and PLS play list links to Kinoma Player 4 EX, only if Pocket Tunes Deluxe is not installed on the device. Otherwise these play lists are transferred to Pocket Tunes. The play list link must include the play list extension in the link, e.g. http://www.server.com/media/myaudio.pls. Blazer 4.3 then displays the 'Download' dialog - select 'Save to: Device', and tap the 'Yes' button. Then tap the 'Save and open' button in the subsequent dialog to have Blazer 4.3 transfer the play list to Kinoma Player 4 EX. Note even though Kinoma Player 4 EX supports ASX play lists, all versions of Blazer prior to 4.5 transfer ASX to the built-in Palm 'Media' or 'Pics & Video' applications.

On the Palm LifeDrive (Blazer 4.1) and Treo 650 (Blazer 4.0 ) the behavior is the same at a Palm T|X running Blazer 4.3, except that the 'Download' dialog displays 'Save to: Kinoma' instead of 'Save to: Device'. In this case, select 'Kinoma' to transfer the play list to Kinoma Player 4 EX.

On Treo 600 smartphones, the palmOne Web 3.0 browser transfers any supported play list to Kinoma Player 4 EX. In the 'Download' dialog, tap 'Yes' to download and then 'Open' to transfer the play list to Kinoma Player 4 EX. Transfer of individual streaming media content links is not supported by this browser.

On the Palm Tungsten C, the Palm Web Browser 2.0.1 provides only limited support. M3U and PLS play lists are automatically transferred to Kinoma Player 4 EX without any intervening UI. But links to .mp3 files are downloaded by the browser without any option to stream. Links to .wmv, .mp4, .3gp, etc... are not recognized.
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    I can't bring up even youtube via blazer-kinoma. I have to copy-paste to get it to work. The kinoma site claims it will though.........
    The kinoma site are referring to the youtube content in their media guide.

You can also watch youtube videos via kinoma by going to mobetube.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornTreo View Post
    I have the latest version of kinoma but I don"t seem to be able to watch things from Blazer. Not sure if I need to set something up in the settings or if was supposed to work automatically.
    With any application that uses Palm OS services to give you a choice of viewers, Kinoma Player 4 EX v4.2 and newer will now appear as a choice for formats that Kinoma Player supports.

As matty032 notes, it doesn't work with all sites because not all sites are mobile-aware. YouTube is a good example of a site that assumes that every viewer is using a PC, so it actually hides the content if it can't find JavaScript or the Flash plug-in for PCs. In that case, you need to choose Share Video in order to get to the content URL that you can then use with Kinoma Player.

Alternatively, you can go to Internet Video > YouTube in the Kinoma Media Guide to find lots of interesting content.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    I have Blazer 4.5 and the latest, and greatest Kinoma, and I've get to tap a link in Blazer, and it start playing in Kinoma.
    Matty
    not quite what you are after, but you can set a set of media files to load in Kinoma through Initiate.

you can set Kinoma as the media handler for mov, mp4, 3gp, 3g2, asf, wmv, flv, m4a, m4b, , wma, jpg, jpeg, sdp,m3u, pls

hope that helps a little...
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    As one person already stated, a "wrapper" site was created by someone allowing you to view youtube and google video the way you are expecting to be able to..
    www.mobetube.com
    www.mgvids.com
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    As one person already stated, a "wrapper" site was created by someone allowing you to view youtube and google video the way you are expecting to be able to.
    Happily, you no longer even need to use those unofficial sites if you don't want to. YouTube has introduced their "real" mobile site, and it works great with Kinoma Player.

http://m.youtube.com/

-- Charles Wiltgen