1.    #1  
    Is there a way to install programs from SD card? When I was using WM5, I saved all my cab file programs on the SD card and can hard reset and restore all my programs where ever I am.

Is it possible with Palm? I know I can get a backup program and restore, but I'd rather go with a clean install.
    Well, I know there are programs that let you run your programs from the SD card but if you're going to hard reset for whatever reason, get NV Backup which is a free program that backs up everything on your Treo and should you ever need to hard reset while you're away it will restore the Treo to where it was the last time you backed up.

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...&prodID=121637
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Sure there is. Sync it to the card by a number of methods (Bluetooth/cable with a couple of applications - I use PilotInstall) and then just copy it to the device itself. Once copied the basic work is done.

Ben
    Look for a freeware program called MyInstall. Any .prc or .pdb placed in the myinstall folder on your card can be installed into the RAM by a tap of its icon in the application launcher of you palm. It can also be configured to install automatically after you insert your card. Not sure if it is compatible on the 755 but it does work on my 650.
  5.    #5  
    Thank you. That's exactly what I was looking for.
    I use Resco Explorer (amongst the other uses) to install from the card. I download most app via the web and install them whether it is a prc or zip file. If it is a zip file, you click on the zip file and it opens like a directory. When you see the prc, you can press and hold to get a menu where you can select "install to RAM".
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Quote Originally Posted by antmelnat View Post
    Look for a freeware program called MyInstall. Any .prc or .pdb placed in the myinstall folder on your card can be installed into the RAM by a tap of its icon in the application launcher of you palm. It can also be configured to install automatically after you insert your card. Not sure if it is compatible on the 755 but it does work on my 650.
    Very nice...thanks for the info!
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi