Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I'm running a Sprint 700p (pretty much without any trouble so far - purchased in March) but in the last 48 hrs Yahoo mail has gone pretty nuts! It keeps prompting me for logins - which then prompt me for another login - and I notice that the "mail beta" link which always appeared at the top has vanished.

Anybody else having problems? Or does anybody know what's going on? In particular, if there's a solution for the endless string of login loops, I'd be very grateful - it's REALLY annoying. My hunch is it's a Yahoo glitch rather than anything at my end (since my settings didn't change before this started a couple of days ago), but on the grounds you never know... I do'nt use any of the "push" email programs on my phone and rely on yahoo mail to access all my accounts, so it's kind of a pain at the moment.

I hope they restore the beta mail link - it was much easier to delete mail with that (plus you could see who stuff is FROM as well as the header).

TIA!
    Last edited by divamum; 06/15/2007 at 08:13 AM. Reason: added text for clarity
    Yeah, my mail has been weird, too. Now, instead of deleting mail straight from the inbox, I have to click on "manage messages" and then delete from there. but then I can't read them from there... so I have to click on "go back to inbox" haha

It's kinda weird! The coloring/UI looks like it's giving us an upgrade (the coloring is more like the coloring of Yahoo Go... that bluish gray look) but... I think the other way is easier. I'm not getting my hopes up that they'll revert back, though. This might be the new beta flavor. lol

Oh and yeah, I'm having to log in constantly, too... but yahoo is notorious for that anyway so I take that with a grain of salt.
    bouncing off the top of this cloud. I'll be on VIRB.
    at least for you guys with 700p's, it seems to work, albeit a little clunky. For us on the 700wx side, what was working before (direct access to the free yahoo account, right from the device email client - no browsing) stopped working earlier this week as well.

I posted this in the WX forum, and I bet what happened is that Yahoo had opened up an IMAP backend in preparation for the iPhone and the Push Mail deal they have with Apple, and once folks like us over here pounced on it, they shut it down, and that's why we're all having issues.

I keep trying and testing, but...no luck. Dang.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    at least for you guys with 700p's, it seems to work, albeit a little clunky. For us on the 700wx side, what was working before (direct access to the free yahoo account, right from the device email client - no browsing) stopped working earlier this week as well.

I posted this in the WX forum, and I bet what happened is that Yahoo had opened up an IMAP backend in preparation for the iPhone and the Push Mail deal they have with Apple, and once folks like us over here pounced on it, they shut it down, and that's why we're all having issues.

I keep trying and testing, but...no luck. Dang.
    Well, isn't that 700wx listed on the Yahoo Go page as a "coming soon" phone? Maybe it's... coming?
    bouncing off the top of this cloud. I'll be on VIRB.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I really liked the beta, but it's... vanished. So for now I'm actually stuck with the "old" client and a somewhat iffy service. It was better today than yesterday, however. I definitely smell "upgrade" in the works.

And the 700p doesn't get Go Mail, it appears. Ah well! As long as I can continue to access my regular yahoo mail I'm happy even if it isn't as snazzy as the widgets. But I DO want my mail to work .... here's hoping it settles down soon!
    my wx is now working again, with the free Yahoo mail, as an IMAP client, so I think they re-enabled the IMAP back end.

Give it another shot and you should see goodness - no constant prompting to enter the password....
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    it's a bit better today and seems to have improved throughout the day, but it's still happening. Most annoying is when it lets you in to your mail home page, then into the inbox, but then prompts you when you try to access the message... and you ahve to go round and round! I've found that often refreshing the page will bypass the problem, but it's still a pita - I hope they fix it soon!

Also, the "try mail beta" link is still notable by its absence. I've checked out the mobile.yahoo.com page on my pc and can't figure it out much better. Ah well - upgrades are always such "fun"