Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I was out of town and want to install the R, using the SD card method. where can I find it?
    See "sticky" at the head of this forum.
    In a non-scientific poll conducted here in these forums, 25 percent of Treos slapped with the MR were bricked or severly crippled. I bricked 4 in 2 days following Palm's directions and advice from this forum.

If after reading the sticky thread you still have the desire to chance it I'd make sure you have the replacement insurance...
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    did you install on the SD Card? From wht I've read..that seems to be the trick. Am I wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jstanovic View Post
    did you install on the SD Card? From wht I've read..that seems to be the trick. Am I wrong?
    I tried the USB method twice and the SD card method twice, again following the procedure outlined by Palm, with modifications as noted in the stick thread. 4 bricks.

It's easy to "install" if you read Palm's instructions and/or find someone who did install it successfully and mimic their method step for step...which I did 3 of the times I tried. My first attempt, by USB, was solely using Palm's directions. 4 bricks.

The results of MR installation on a 700p phone is unpredictable, from what I have read. There is nothing on or in your phone which would outwardly predict what will happen if you install the MR or whether it will help or hurt.

I don't know if the SD card method is the trick or not...it wasn't for me. From my bad memory, I think I have read success and failure stories using both methods. Again, it's unpredictable...
    I didn't even fallow Palm's instructions completely...I glanced at the instructions and just took off on my own with the SD card method. I didn't even do a hard reset before I applied the update and it only took 15 minutes and then I did a backup with Resco and I still can't believe how stellar my 700 is. BT couldn't be better, snapier all around performance, only one reset and no white screen issues as of yet. If all stays well, I could put a year or two more with this device unless Palm comes up with some real innovation in the next gen Treo.
    at&t iPhone3G
    You can download SD Installer file here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=144948

If not available, PM me with your email and I will send it to you.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo