Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    I just bought Chattermail because Palm had a 20% coupon and push mail would add lots of value for me, but I need to understand how to get the most out of the app. I'm not used to spending money on email apps so I really want to use the app to it's ful potential. Also, if there are quirks or bugs to avoid those would be nice to know as well.

So far push is working nicely though. One question: is there a way to change the highlight from yellow, it's about the only thing that really bugs me about the app.
    The yellow highlight only shows up if you're in a specific mailbox. I use summary view which doesn't use a yellow highlight, only a blue rectangle around the selected message. To use summary view, go to the settings for each of your mailboxes you want visible in summary, select the "Other" tab, and check Summary view, and assign them a unique color if you want.

To configure Chatter to use a Summary view, go to Chatter preferences, select Mailbox view, and tick "Use Summary Mailbox". To force Chatter to start in Summary view, under the same preferences setting, tick "Start in Summary".
    Last edited by NachoB; 06/15/2007 at 12:38 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I encourage you to actually read the manual. It explains what everything is and what it's for, especially the options, which are not completely obvious.

You will gain a lot more from that than asking open-ended questions here.

Tom (a technical writer who gets paid a crapload of money to write manuals people refuse to read)
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VetPsychWars View Post
    I encourage you to actually read the manual. It explains what everything is and what it's for, especially the options, which are not completely obvious.

You will gain a lot more from that than asking open-ended questions here.

Tom (a technical writer who gets paid a crapload of money to write manuals people refuse to read)
    I actually do read manuals and have gone through all the info screens already, but they don't generally tell you 'it crashes when I do this' and 'here's a better way to go about something...'

Note the first reply to this post, that wouldn't have been exactly described as such in the manual.
    The manual isn't the info screens of in the program. The manual is a very in depth PDF.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    Quote Originally Posted by VetPsychWars View Post
    As long as you're getting paid for the work you do, doesn't matter too much whether they get read or not.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jessi_9783 View Post
    The manual isn't the info screens of in the program. The manual is a very in depth PDF.
    No doubt. I didn't say it was, just pointing out that I do look for instructions. I had only had the app installed long enough to install, test basic functionality, and register. In that process I used the handy Info screens. I'll definitely read the manual as well but there is no substitute for user tips and observations. As I said, if there is something that may be buggy, I'd like to hear it from a user. I couldn't imaging using something like Agendus by just reading the manual. You would hurt your data that way, and the developer would never tell you this feature is buggy, don't try this or that. Seriously.
    Getting back to the original intent of this thread, were you able to setup summary view and if so how is that working for you?

Palm Pre wallpapers
    The summary view is where ChatterEmail spends 99.9% of its time. It is rare that I use any other basic view.

Ben
    Same here. Was trying to find out if it worked for braj.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    i dont use summary view. I like to know what account I am in without thinking.

one tip that I figured out after a while was the cycle option. Seems simple now but i am dense! I have three accounts that i check regularly, and it is so nice to just tap the hard button to cycle them. I have another account that isn't in the cycle and some folders too.

Just play with it for a few days, weeks, it will come. Heck, I have been using it for a year and find a new tip every now and again.
    I'm used to the colors I've assigned each account, so that's extremely useful to me.
    Last edited by NachoB; 06/17/2007 at 12:00 AM.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Yeah, I use summary view, I only have two accounts I really use much so set those two up in Chatter and I also appreciate the color-coded feature in Summary view. But in Summary view you trade the ugly yellow highlight for the ugly blue day labels I wish I could choose these colors myself. I also wish the color choices for categories were the whole Palm spectrum.

But this is all incidental to the fact that push works really well (get my email before they show up in Outlook), and my emails are formatted nicely. I do wish attachment support was a bit better but I don't work with too many attachments to make it a huge issue. One thing (only thing) I'll miss from Agendus Mail is the ability to create appointments/tasks/memos from an email.
    Quote Originally Posted by braj View Post
    Yeah, I use summary view, I only have two accounts I really use much so set those two up in Chatter and I also appreciate the color-coded feature in Summary view. But in Summary view you trade the ugly yellow highlight for the ugly blue day labels I wish I could choose these colors myself. I also wish the color choices for categories were the whole Palm spectrum.

But this is all incidental to the fact that push works really well (get my email before they show up in Outlook), and my emails are formatted nicely. I do wish attachment support was a bit better but I don't work with too many attachments to make it a huge issue. One thing (only thing) I'll miss from Agendus Mail is the ability to create appointments/tasks/memos from an email.
    You can turn off those "ugly blue day labels" as well in Chatter preferences.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    You can turn off those "ugly blue day labels" as well in Chatter preferences.
    But having the date displayed is helpful, just not in that god-awful bright blue. The only option available is disable something useful or deal with the big blue ugly (and blue is my favorite color, so it mocks me).
    when in summary view i press third hard button which is setup for quicksync, does that just quicksync the mbx i have setup for default?

if i want all mailboxes to quicksync then i would change preferences to quicksync all for that hardbutton?