Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45
  1.    #1  
    I don't think I've ever run across a more depressing forum than this one. Almost every post is a complaint. What is with this??? Is anyone getting any utility what so ever from this? I find the 755p forum of much more value from a users standpoint than this one....

    Yes, my 700p has some issues, but it is still a great device. I bought a BB 8830 for a co-worker and ran it side-by-side with my 700p for a week... I could have easily made a switch to the 8830, but after using the Berry for a week, I am convinced I have the right unit with my 700p. It may be more stable than a treo, but it's weak.

    Can we put an end to this? Maybe the mods should make a forum specifically for complaining about the 700p -- "700p hate forum" or something along these lines. There really is no value what so ever in pages of complaints...

    Greg
  2. #2  
    this 700p seems to be the treo from hell lol.
  3. ink883's Avatar
    Posts
    872 Posts
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    #3  
    Once Palm fixes their mess, things will go back to normal.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  4. #4  
    I jumped out of the 700p ship before it sunk and now I'm cruising a 755p. It wasn't an easy move. I had to sell all my accessories and I still have a 1GB SD card that I have not sold. Getting the new mini SD and the reader was also time consuming, and getting the 755p from Sprint was also a pain. I'm happy now though.

    Al
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004ep3hatch View Post
    this 700p seems to be the treo from hell lol.
    I disagree. I think everyone is feeding off of all of the negative crap in here and it just seems that way.

    I have a good friend with a Treo 650 and it reboots more than my 700p does.

    It seems to me that most people are satisfied, maybe not 100% happy, but satisfied with there 700ps.
    Greg
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    I jumped out of the 700p ship before it sunk and now I'm cruising a 755p. It wasn't an easy move. I had to sell all my accessories and I still have a 1GB SD card that I have not sold. Getting the new mini SD and the reader was also time consuming, and getting the 755p from Sprint was also a pain. I'm happy now though.

    Al

    Well this isn't really jumping ship... you just caught a ride on the revitalized ship. If the 755p where available on Verizon, I'd buy it even if I had to pay retail for it. The Treo is a very nice smartphone. Yes, the 700p has some issues, but I'm not switching.

    Greg
    Last edited by gzartman; 06/15/2007 at 01:01 AM.
  7. #7  
    When it works, I absolutely love my 700p. I'm just sick of Palm's ineptitude in fixing the minor/major issues that they themselves have acknowledged exist in the phone. It's not so much the 700p we're upset about, it's Palm's mishandling of it.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    When it works, I absolutely love my 700p. I'm just sick of Palm's ineptitude in fixing the minor/major issues that they themselves have acknowledged exist in the phone. It's not so much the 700p we're upset about, it's Palm's mishandling of it.

    Yes, but think about this. If you weren't reading this forum, would you still feel this way? My guess is the average 700p users doesn't even know there is a MR or issues with the 700P.

    From personal experience, I think we are all feeding off of the negativity...

    Greg
  9. #9  
    Only time people post is to complain so that doesn't mean there isn't anyone happy with a 700...its just because the happy tend to be silent and only the negativity is to be heard.
    at&t iPhone3G
  10. #10  
    I went from a device that was solid with no resets, no lags, et cetea. After the MR I now I have a conflict between two applications that has caused me to beta another application that is also having reset problems - it is working after an entire day of playing with it and efforts from the developer. My biggest issue right now is the situation with having to repair the Bluetooth connection with the laptop bunches of time during the day.
    Ben
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I went from a device that was solid with no resets, no lags, et cetea. After the MR I now I have a conflict between two applications that has caused me to beta another application that is also having reset problems - it is working after an entire day of playing with it and efforts from the developer. My biggest issue right now is the situation with having to repair the Bluetooth connection with the laptop bunches of time during the day.
    Ben
    If your Treo was so solid...why did you update Ben? I updated because I had a flawed device and now it has been a dream machine but if my 700 was as solid as you claim yours was, I wouldn't have touched the MR.
    at&t iPhone3G
  12. #12  
    I love my 700P, pre and post MR. Really I only had BT issues pre MR, and now BT is fixed post MR and my NVBackup restore was flawless after the MR update. Things have only gotten better. The only problem I've experienced post MR that others have is the alert sounds that would appear to fade in at the beginning, but that was easily fixed by another forum member who discovered which 3 files to copy into RAM from the original 700P ROM. If I can fix what Palm isn't able to get right, I can live with that..
    Last edited by NachoB; 06/15/2007 at 03:33 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  13. noodle's Avatar
    Posts
    536 Posts
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    #13  
    this forum is a reflection of palm's customer's satisfaction,trials and errors. This is what real people with 700ps are going through. If palm was in a better state the forum would be.

    The reason we all became palm customers is because we have better expectations and standards of quality then some. Should we keep lowering these? No I think not, then we will never progress. Keep complaining! Things are messed up at palm and I for one will not stand for it...
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
  14. #14  
    We are all power users so I agree that the complaints here are not as identifiable by the average user. On the other hand, many of the complaints have led to solutions. And these forums, even the 700p one, serve an invaluable role to me and others in correcting problems and maximizing the benefit derived by our "babies".
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

    Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
  15. bbtkd's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    420 Global Posts
    #15  
    The only real issue I've had with mine was that I work in a fringe signal area, and the phone would frequently get stuck on the extended network and sit there burning up the battery trying (but not succeeding) to get back to the Verizon net even when it should get full bars (if I leave work with it that way it does not snap back). I was doing soft resets 4-5 times daily. Yesterday I set it to stick to the home network and it seems to be fixed, though I would prefer the flexibility of roaming. When/if the MR comes out from Verizon, I'll be real cautious before applying it since I've had few problems. They better fix the problem of not being able to mute sounds, as that is a non-starter.
  16. #16  
    It all even out once you figure into the users who blandly defend Palm.
  17. #17  
    I know what you mean Greg. Maybe we should have a forum titled "My Gripes with Palm." That way, we could turn this back into the 700P Hardware forum, where those that appreciate the 700 can learn and help each other. Don't get me wrong, Palm has made some serious business mistakes, but those complaints could be discussed in a separate forum.
  18. haroldo's Avatar
    Posts
    435 Posts
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by gzartman View Post
    I don't think I've ever run across a more depressing forum than this one. Almost every post is a complaint. What is with this??? Is anyone getting any utility what so ever from this? I find the 755p forum of much more value from a users standpoint than this one.......
    Can we put an end to this? Maybe the mods should make a forum specifically for complaining about the 700p -- "700p hate forum" or something along these lines. There really is no value what so ever in pages of complaints...

    Greg
    We tried that a few weeks ago. Someone tried an "I love my Treo" thread. Post author reported missing... (probably will be found somewhere in the Meadowlands along with Jimmy Hoffa)
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by gzartman View Post
    Yes, but think about this. If you weren't reading this forum, would you still feel this way? My guess is the average 700p users doesn't even know there is a MR or issues with the 700P.

    From personal experience, I think we are all feeding off of the negativity...

    Greg
    You seem to be saying that we are in some sort of trance by reading the forums and that our treos are just fine, we only think they are resetting when a phone call comes in, or that the BT won't stay paired, or that there is no lag while sending text messages or switching applications.

    Those things were happening to my treo before I ever started reading the forums.
    Some users have more problems than others, so I can't say that the complaints aren't justified just because I'm one of the lucky ones who no longer has many problems.
  20. #20  
    The forum status is mostly a reaction to Palm's (mis)handling of the 700p problems; I agree the 700p is not nearly as bad as sometimes painted by the negative emotions of some. Unfortunately, this is one venue for the community to express their frustration and anger about Palm's actions in the past few months, do not expect improvement until closure is found.

    However, several threads that started with complaints about post-MR "bugs" have serve as catalyst for the community to find work-arounds and other solutions helping improve the overall Treo experience for some.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

    Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions