Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I love my 700P, pre and post MR. Really I only had BT issues pre MR, and now BT is fixed post MR and my NVBackup restore was flawless after the MR update. Things have only gotten better. The only problem I've experienced post MR that others have is the alert sounds that would appear to fade in at the beginning, but that was easily fixed by another forum member who discovered which 3 files to copy into RAM from the original 700P ROM. If I can fix what Palm isn't able to get right, I can live with that..
    I'm with you, Nacho. I've been using all flavors of Treos for years and love them!!! My latest is the 700p and I loved pre and post update. Sure it reboots once in a ehile, but doesn't evrything that has to do with computers?? No device is perfect, but i can honestly say that I love and depend so heavily on my 700p that I would rather loose my purse than my Treo. For a chick, that's saying something!!!
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
    Quote Originally Posted by gzartman View Post
    Yes, but think about this. If you weren't reading this forum, would you still feel this way? My guess is the average 700p users doesn't even know there is a MR or issues with the 700P.

From personal experience, I think we are all feeding off of the negativity...

Greg
    Try building up your text message log for a couple weeks on a VZW 700p and send a new text message. If you forget to leave the chat window, your 700p will lock up for 10 minutes. Maybe that will make you feel the way we do about ours.

There are real problems. Maybe not everyone experiences them, but you can't get mad at people for complaining about it when Palm doesn't fix the issue.

-Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by gzartman View Post
    I don't think I've ever run across a more depressing forum than this one. Almost every post is a complaint. What is with this??? Is anyone getting any utility what so ever from this? I find the 755p forum of much more value from a users standpoint than this one....

Yes, my 700p has some issues, but it is still a great device. I bought a BB 8830 for a co-worker and ran it side-by-side with my 700p for a week... I could have easily made a switch to the 8830, but after using the Berry for a week, I am convinced I have the right unit with my 700p. It may be more stable than a treo, but it's weak.

Can we put an end to this? Maybe the mods should make a forum specifically for complaining about the 700p -- "700p hate forum" or something along these lines. There really is no value what so ever in pages of complaints...

Greg

It appears that you have taken the complaining to a new level... a post that is complaining about the complaining. It's only a matter of time before someone complains about those who are complaining about the complaining.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    OK, here is a theory, based on some experience with other products:
    In forums, such as the Windows Mobile forum, you would see people complain about the BSOD (black screen of death where the phone would lock up regularly such that you could not answer incoming calls) or resets, but then they would go away. From my experience, the problems did not go away, but the phone was such a poor compromise between PDA and phone that the user just moved on to another phone.
    With the Treo, the compromise between PDA and phone is so good that when a user has a problem, they don't want to move on to another phone, so they just keep hanging in there hoping that Palm will fix the problems.
    By the way, my Treo has been very reliable, unlike my PPC6700, but I don't use bluetooth. I use it constantly to check email, get stock quotes, weather, etc. Love it! Only once in a great while (months) does it lock up in a program like "4Stocks" when it is in the middle of something and it loses data connection.
    ^FUNNY!!!

My wife has the 755 now. My post-MR 700 is now the best treo I've owned. Should be a keeper for another year or two. Side by side with the 755, they perform equally well. No complaints now - even with complainers of complainers of complainers.................
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    ^FUNNY!!!

My wife has the 755 now. My post-MR 700 is now the best treo I've owned. Should be a keeper for another year or two. Side by side with the 755, they perform equally well. No complaints now - even with complainers of complainers of complainers.................
    My post MR 700 is the best I have owned also...I am just praying it will stay that way(i.e. if it gets buggie after a while). And this is my original 700 from May 06.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    IIt wasn't an easy move. I had to sell all my accessories and I still have a 1GB SD card that I have not sold. Getting the new mini SD and the reader was also time consuming
    How time consuming is buying a miniSD card??? And don't most come with an adaptor to use in a regular sd card reader?
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    It is the seasonal status of the forum. I remember back when the 700p was brand new, the forum was full of requests on how to upgrade from previous devices to the 700p; what programs were being tested on it and which programs were recommended. Good times given the promise of having a solid piece of hardware with the by-then solid support from Palm. It was a forum full of sugestions/FAQs/tech support and it still is, but the shadows of reality are obscuring everything.

But soon after the 700p was released, slowly reality started to sink in. The BT problem was consistent accross the board. Skipping music? check. Palm was mum all along until Bob-C's now extremely famous and valuable letter.

You cannot walk away from reality. The paper trail is clear and Palm has botched every single step of the way, not even making a single thing right. Yes they release an MR but it generated more problems than it solved. How can you expect a year of frustration to not be released after all of that? It is not a bunch of whinners, it is a consistent voice of powerusers that are now tired of waiting for a good method of fixing this phone, that for many of us has become more like an investement rather than just a phone. All that software, all the accesories, cannot easily migrate to the new generation.

I assure you once the MR gets properly released (if ever) the forum will be back to the old days, were technology was discussed for its utility rather than for its incapability of achieve goals.
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldo View Post
    We tried that a few weeks ago. Someone tried an "I love my Treo" thread. Post author reported missing... (probably will be found somewhere in the Meadowlands along with Jimmy Hoffa)
    Nope, the author of that thread is right here.

I agree that this forum is fairly depressing, which is why I haven't posted in a few days. There's only so many times that you can read the exact same complaints.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Sorry...I just thought your quest for 'eternal sunshine' would have gotten you in trouble!
    If Palm would make the "touchtone noise is heard even when the phone is switched to silent mode" problem go away, I would be much happier. As it is now, I cannot use my Treo in meetings anymore.
    I'm one of those happy with my phone and not really complaining about anything on here. (I had a few complaints about the Foleo but I've moved on and will give it a chance to prove me wrong) The 700p is also my FIRST TREO. I have only a handful of necessary apps on it and I think that's primarily part of the problem-people end up loading down their Treos with so many apps. I mean, even my desktop gets sluggish when I have so much crap running on it. My Treo resets only rarely and it's 90% of the time my fault. The main issue I have is lag, and honestly, I didn't have a lag before I added that handful of apps.

I can agree with gzartman about everything being so negative in here now.

20 different threads about "the death of palm" can start to wear thin on a person... BUT... everyone is entitled to their opinions on here of course (as is this one).

Personally, I'm still happy and excited with what this phone can do and I wanna talk to people who feel the same way. And right now, it's hard to find those people here. Sigh
    bouncing off the top of this cloud. I'll be on VIRB.
    Global Posts
    420 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    If Palm would make the "touchtone noise is heard even when the phone is switched to silent mode" problem go away, I would be much happier. As it is now, I cannot use my Treo in meetings anymore.
    When you are in a meeting and your phone is making noises, turn and glare at the person next to you - nobody can tell where it's really coming from!
    My phone (other than the touch tone) has been perfect post MR. I have dropped some calls, and PV. But those I attribute to the leaves being out fully.
    Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldo View Post
    Sorry...I just thought your quest for 'eternal sunshine' would have gotten you in trouble!
    Nah, it takes more than a message board to bother me.

And post-MR, I love my Treo EVEN MORE!!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    ditto!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    My 700P works flawlessly. TomTom 6 is incredible, cellphone "life" is good!!
    Post MR, me and my Treo are happy. The touch tone is more laughable than anything else. I wouldn't trade this phone for anything in the world. I was a Blackberry man since forever, I couldn't, and still can't stream video, or audio on a Blackberry. BB browser sux, compared to the Treo's. I had to rework, and redo some apps after the MR, now this phone is the mack daddy. What I was paying for to start with.
    Matty
    Is this a thread complaining about the threads complaining about the 700p?
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    I have temporarily replaced one of the "problem" applications I was previously running and no longer have any interaction problems. The Bluetooth situation appears to be related to laptop dongle I was using and changing it to a different port has been done with no further problems.

As for the lag, I never had that problem. Stability - not a previous problem and with the temporary replacement of the problem application, stability is back again.

Ben
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast