1.    #1  
    So, I really think Missing Sync is going to work for my Treo 650 this time. But here's the thing. I have a bunch of junk appointments from almost a year ago in iCal that are just gumming up the works.

So is there a way to remove all the data from iCAl easily.

Then I can just sync over a clean version of my Treo's Palm calendar.
    go into ical preferences. find the box that says delete all events older than x days. fill in the box with the number of your choice. close ical and restart the program. viola all of the old events are removed and now in missing sync you can overwrite your 650 with your clean calendar
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    You can also hit the little "+" icon to add a new calendar, and then select your old calendar and hit the delete key.

Rename the "new" calendar to whatever you want.
    Forensic Scientist

4.    #4  
    Thanks for the advice. Have you been successful in using Categories with iCal or does the Mac continue to mess this up? I ask because I am a Getting Things Done fan, and sometimes I'll move an Event (or Task) from my Phone Category to my Errand Catagory depending on what I need to do next. Will iCal support these changes through Missing Sync?
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerMoore View Post
    Thanks for the advice. Have you been successful in using Categories with iCal or does the Mac continue to mess this up? I ask because I am a Getting Things Done fan, and sometimes I'll move an Event (or Task) from my Phone Category to my Errand Catagory depending on what I need to do next. Will iCal support these changes through Missing Sync?
    yes, it will support category changes, if there are conflicts then usually you will have a dialogue box allowing you to choose during the sync process. I use a number of categories too and while it is not always flawless, this oversight in the sync process allows me to use iCal and palm together as a trusted system.

One thing to note is that while the native palm tasks application supports recurring tasks, ical has trouble with these. Therefore if you want to have recurring tasks you should just keep them on your palm in a separate category like tickler or something, and not sync them.