Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eharty View Post
    I just got a H700 and am having the same experience. Also have same problem with Plantronics Voyager 510. I called Plantronics and they said that their info so far is that the 755 has the same disconnect issues as the 700.

You would have thought that Palm could fix the BT issues in all this time.
    I have an h700 and I'm not having the same issues. Actually it's been working great with my 755. No disconnect issues at all. Plus I can hear the person very well and I don't hear others say, "I can't hear you". I used to get that whenever I tried other bt headsets. I'm pretty satisfied with the h700 and I'm glad bt is fixed with the 755. (I couldn't stay connected with the 700p)
    diane
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    I purchased a Plantronics 665 from Sprint as they basically guarantee it will work with all their phones. Slick form factor but people keep telling me that they don't understand me. Also, battery life seems to be an issue.
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carterism View Post
    I have an h700 and I'm not having the same issues. Actually it's been working great with my 755. No disconnect issues at all. Plus I can hear the person very well and I don't hear others say, "I can't hear you". I used to get that whenever I tried other bt headsets. I'm pretty satisfied with the h700 and I'm glad bt is fixed with the 755. (I couldn't stay connected with the 700p)
    I am still trying the H700 and it has grown on me a bit. After clearing out old BT trusted devices from my 755, it seems to be more reliable and no disconnect issues. However, today I was on a long call and my 755 reset during the call for no apparent reason. Dialing ##377 shows that the reset was not logged. Reset Doctor captured it as user initiated. I have had very few resets since I got the 755. I am not blaming the H700 as I don't know what caused it. Strange that this happens on day 30 after buying the 755.
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbutcher View Post
    How well does the Jawbone work outside if there is any wind?
    moderate wind is ok, but in heavy winds, or if your driving with the window open, it does about as well as any other headset....
    I just got my H700 in and it wont even pair with the phone. Always says:

Unable to add Motorola H700 to your trusted device list.

can anyone help me with this problem?
    I purchased a Plantronics 665 from Sprint as they basically guarantee it will work with all their phones. Slick form factor but people keep telling me that they don't understand me. Also, battery life seems to be an issue.
    Interesting. I exchanged my Jawbone for the 665 at Best Buy and I love it! It works great with my 755 and I can hardly tell I'm wearing it. I also like the three charging options it comes standard with (AC, USB, car). I haven't had any issues with it and the clarity and volume seem to be great on both ends. I was a little worried about the battery life, but I suppose you can't have it all; a tiny headset with a battery that will last all week. It is not an issue for me though as I simply charge it every 2 or 3 days and it has yet to run out on me with heavy usage.
    I use motorola H850, which is OK, but if it's a little far, there will be lots of noise
    Quote Originally Posted by itsyvonne View Post
    I just read some of the Amazon reviews for the Samsung WEP200 and there were complaints about it not staying in the ear very well. Others said it stayed in their ear just fine. Maybe it's just the luck of the draw whether or not you've got the right kind of ear?
    I tried the WEP200 and it was great. Excellent sound quality and volume on both sides of the conversation.

Sadly, I couldn't get it to stay put in my ear, even with a foam cover or with a Jabra gel that I had from an earlier headset.

BTW there were lots of deals for under $50 when I did a search.
    My Cardo Scala 500 worked great with my 650, didn't work at first with my 700p, but then did, and now works fine with my 755p. Great performance for less than $40.

Conversely, my brother-in-law handed down his Jabra bt-500 to me and I could only get it to pair briefly and only after great effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by maw4bc View Post
    I just got my H700 in and it wont even pair with the phone. Always says:

Unable to add Motorola H700 to your trusted device list.

can anyone help me with this problem?
    Are you still having problems? Mine paired right away.
    diane
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    My Motorola H700 occasionally looses connection and needs to be re-paired.

I bought a Jabra BT5020 from TC. The form factor is great but sound is a bit garbled and if I walk away without the headset, I have a hard time getting them to communicate again when back in range. This one is going back.

I borrowed a friends Jawbone. The sound is definitely clearer than the others I have tried but the trade off is size and it really doesn't like wind at all. Even a draft from the car AC can be an issue.

Do I have a bad 755 or is BT performance this variable?
    My Motorola H700 occasionally looses connection and needs to be re-paired.

I bought a Jabra BT5020 from TC. The form factor is great but sound is a bit garbled and if I walk away without the headset, I have a hard time getting them to communicate again when back in range. This one is going back.

I borrowed a friends Jawbone. The sound is definitely clearer than the others I have tried but the trade off is size and it really doesn't like wind at all. Even a draft from the car AC can be an issue.

Do I have a bad 755 or is BT performance this variable?
    I dont think I kept the Jawbone 2 days. I couldnt seem to get past the size of it and not just wind, but a tiny breeze would cut either my voice, or the voice of the caller right out.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    I just got the Samsung WEP200, and in my personal experience, audio quality is great from my end, however, everyone says that I sound like I am in a tunnel or I have a robotic voice on the other line...

I guess I have to keep looking.
    I have used sony erricson headsets with my treos and they have always worked really good. They will go 30 feet as advertised and the sound quality and speed at which they connect is very fast.
    This was the case with the 650 anyway.

Then I got the 700P. I had nothing but problems with my sony. I thought it was the headset so I purchased an H700 from motorola. This worked OK with the 700P and then I started having random resets and well you know the rest.

I have now purchased the 755P.
    The motorola H700 will pair with the phone but I cannot get it to connect after pairing. It just will not connect, I always get the bluetooth icon on the phone but never the headset icon.

So I dug my fairly new sony erricson HBH-610a out. GLAD I KEPT IT!!!!

This thing works PERFECT with my 755P.

If I set the Hands free in preferences to always go to the handsfree device it does just that. If I uncheck that box it then only goes to the device I answer with.
    The HBH-610a also has a power save mode. So after a little bit if you are wearing it and not using it for a call you will hear a tone and if you look at the phone, you will see the bluetooth icon instead of the headset, like you turned the headset off. It goes into power save mode.

If you just touch the button on the side of the headset it wakes right up, and if a call comes in and you touch the button it wakes right up and answers no problem.

Ive tried going back and forth between the headset and the treo while on a call, not a problem. Ive tried turning bluetooth off on the phone and not a problem. Ive tried resets and it still connects without a hitch whenever you ask it to.

So far the HBH-610a is working perfect with my 755P. A vast change from the 700P

I just started using it today so i will post an update if I have any problems.
    Last edited by gregnauman; 07/30/2007 at 02:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregnauman View Post
    I have used sony erricson headsets with my treos and they have always worked really good. They will go 30 feet as advertised and the sound quality and speed at which they connect is very fast.
    This was the case with the 650 anyway.
    No joy with my Sony Ericsson "Akono" HBH-608. Love the look but get constant popping static around the house....interference with wireless network perhaps???
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    I have the Palm Treo branded BT headset. It was terrible on the 650, but works great on the 755p. Finally I can be wireless again.
    The Palm Treo headset worked better, with my 650, than any other headset I tried. It was the most reliable and had the least static. It does suffer from poor sealing in the ear which makes it quieter than it could be and causes feedback at loud levels to the mic. I fixed this by supergluing a Jabra earpiece to it. Now it is crystal clear and can be loud enough to be painful.

The Treo headset also pairs perfectly and sounds great with my new 755p.

Just wish it wasn't so darn ugly.
    Testing two new (to me) headsets.

Testing a Plantronics 640 and a Motorola HS850 based on their positive reviews on Amazon and a sale at Radioshack.

Today I tried the 640. It's sound was crystal clear and static free....better than the stock Treo headset (without the "ear gel modification.") It also was very comfortable to wear and stayed put...without the ear loop.

Unfortunately it seems to have only marginally improved range over the stock Treo headset. If the treo was in my pants pocket it started breaking up (though just.) In my breast pocket it was clear (pocket on left...headset worn in right ear. The Treo headset would sometimes start to show noise in the breast pocket.)

I had one other temporary issue. The 640 kept disconnecting and reconnecting. I removed the Treo headset from the bluetooth menu and the problem hasn't reappeared.

I'll try the Motorola HS850 headset next (which attracted me because of the comments about it's extended range.) I am concerned with the very poor CNET user reviews.
    I have an H700... It works well but not perfectly... Usually works great on my end but i get a lot of complaints on the other ends...
    Samsung wep200 here. No problems, no complaints. No bluetooth issues for me. However, I was sold by its size.
    I'm not a fan of BT headsets as wearing it around when your not in your car or your not actively talking into it kinda makes you look like a tool(no offense to anyone who believes otherwise). So having one that I can take out and put in my pocket when not in use was a must for me.

However, it may be the most counterfeited headset out there so do your research before buying one.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast