Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I can't speak for the 755p but the WEP is much, much better for me on my 700p than the JX10 was. I get much better sound and people say I sound much better as well. The noise reduction on the JX10 works so hard you sound like a robot to people on the other end sometimes.

I know others swear by the JX10 but I have also seen a lot of posts saying the same thing about sound issues and recommending the WEP instead. WEP has been by far my best BT headset out of about 5-7 that I have tried.

YMMV
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    wow thanks Homie, im going to buy the wep200 and give it a go!!! Where is a good place to get one that is not a fake? Treocentral?
    Quote Originally Posted by yOyOYoo View Post
    Should I try out the Samsung WEP200 for my 755, or just stick with my Jabra JX10???

Despite what everyone says, i'm kind of disappointed with the Jabra. Incoming sounds super clear but people say my voice sounds "digitized and electronic" when I use the headset. Is the JX10 really the best I should expect?!?
    My wife just got a Jawbone today, which she uses on her RAZR V3i. I was on my JX10 and Treo 650 talking to her and we both had excellent sound. You could definitely tell the difference when she turned on noise canceling too. I tried the Jawbone on and the fit and comfort is great. These are definitely the two best BT headsets I've ever tried.

I haven't tried the Samsung, but considering these two, I really don't see any reason to try it.

You can get both the Samsung and the Jawbone at a Cingular store for pretty much the same price as online, maybe $5.00 more.
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    the Sprint store sells the Samsung WEP200 for $99!!!

I keep hearing good things about the Jawbone, it's too bad I think it looks soooo ugly.
    I can't remember where I bought my WEP200. eCost maybe? Fry's? I'm not sure. Just check the threads about the WEP to see how to tell if it is a fake. Buy from someone you know and double check. I think most of the fakes have come from eBay and resellers that no one has heard of.
    I use the Jabra BT500 without any problems with my treo 755!
    Does anyone know of a BT headset that will pass ALL audio from my 755P to the headset and not just phone calls? I can't believe that it's so hard for me tfind a solution for this.

I use skype on my device and I also use it as an MP3 player. It seems like a natural feature for any headset worth it's weight to be a true headset and not just for phone calls.
    Ugh, the headset has nothing to do with "passing audio". Search for SAG.
    Thank you for the reply but it was rather unimformative. What is SAG and where should I search for it? SAG are three very common letters and return thousands of google results.
    Ok, I found SAG but it does not support my headset (H700) and thus draws me further into believing that it does actually have something to do with the headset.

Does anyone else have a less cocky and more informative answer to my question?
    Again, try searching. You need a headset that supports A2DP.
    I just read some of the Amazon reviews for the Samsung WEP200 and there were complaints about it not staying in the ear very well. Others said it stayed in their ear just fine. Maybe it's just the luck of the draw whether or not you've got the right kind of ear?
    Quote Originally Posted by yOyOYoo View Post
    the Sprint store sells the Samsung WEP200 for $99!!!

I keep hearing good things about the Jawbone, it's too bad I think it looks soooo ugly.
    What are you talking about the Jawbone being ugly? Its not ugly at all. Why would you say its ugly? There are well other bluetooths that shouldnt have been made because theyre "ugly."
    I've been using a Jawbone for three weeks now and, unfortunately, my search for a decent BT headset continues.

Here is my personal experience with the Jawbone:

+ Noise cancelling works well for things like car noise, music, ambient street noise, airports, etc. However, all callers report my voice is tinny sounding. Understandable, but tinny.

+ The thing is terrible for wind noise. Car AC in face (even on low or medium) or outside wind plays havoc with the noise cancelling.

+ Comfort is so-so. But more importantly, I have struggled mightily with keeping the thing secure enough on my face to make the noise cancelling work. Perhaps I have an odd-shaped noggin, but I find that I was constantly re-adjusting the thing after talking (and especially after eating). The downside here is that the Jawbone doesn't work <at all> if the white nub is not touching your face just right. It can be a completely quiet room and if the white nub gets dislodged, no mic pickup. I've read reviews where people are talking about dancing at a club, commuting on a bike, etc with the Jawbone. I, personally, couldn't make it work just sitting and talking without constantly pressing the thing up to my face. On a hot, humid day, a little bit of perspiration made it even harder to keep the thing in place.

So.... I REALLY wished this was going to be my bluetooth headset nirvana, but no luck for me. Maybe the Jabra JX10 is next on the list.
    The Jawbone sucks. All marketing hype. Huge, ugly, uncomfortable, terrible in the wind, DSP only works if the headset is constantly touching your face (yuck), expensive.
    Purchased a Nxzen headset from PCNation & subsequently was sent a unit that had previously been opened and missing parts, and was shipped a pink unit to boot!
    Sent them an email and they insist on sticking to there 15% restock fee for a refund despite there obvious shortcomings!

This is another excerpt from their return policy: Products being returned must contain all original boxes, packing materials, manuals, blank warranty cards and all other accessories and documentation provided by the manufacturer. Any return that is not 100 percent complete will be returned back to the customer and no credit will be issued.

How much do you want to bet they hit me with this?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by grsmith150 View Post
    Purchased a Nxzen headset from PCNation & subsequently was sent a unit that had previously been opened and missing parts, and was shipped a pink unit to boot!
    Sent them an email and they insist on sticking to there 15% restock fee for a refund despite there obvious shortcomings!

This is another excerpt from their return policy: Products being returned must contain all original boxes, packing materials, manuals, blank warranty cards and all other accessories and documentation provided by the manufacturer. Any return that is not 100 percent complete will be returned back to the customer and no credit will be issued.

How much do you want to bet they hit me with this?!?
    Doesn't matter. Just cancel the charge with your credit card company.
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    wow that sounds like a horrible experience! A PINK headset?!?! haha
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMiami View Post
    Moto H700c just Ok w/755p - pairing and staying paired no better then 650 and maybe a little worse. Sometimes it shows connection, but no sound transmits, then I push the button to transfer the call the Moto and hangs-up call. In other words, it was already "connected" but not passing sound. Sometimes, best way is to establish call on treo and then open Moto.
    I just got a H700 and am having the same experience. Also have same problem with Plantronics Voyager 510. I called Plantronics and they said that their info so far is that the 755 has the same disconnect issues as the 700.

You would have thought that Palm could fix the BT issues in all this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by eharty View Post
    I just got a H700 and am having the same experience. Also have same problem with Plantronics Voyager 510. I called Plantronics and they said that their info so far is that the 755 has the same disconnect issues as the 700.

You would have thought that Palm could fix the BT issues in all this time.
    I have an h700 and I'm not having the same issues. Actually it's been working great with my 755. No disconnect issues at all. Plus I can hear the person very well and I don't hear others say, "I can't hear you". I used to get that whenever I tried other bt headsets. I'm pretty satisfied with the h700 and I'm glad bt is fixed with the 755. (I couldn't stay connected with the 700p)
    diane
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast