1.    #1  
    Hello,

I have a Treo 650 GSM unlocked ENA that the board got some corrosion from water and now the ear portion doesn't work - can't hear anyone.

I got a Treo 650 CDMA from Sprint that works. I opened both up and see the actual electronics on the main board are the same, only the modem is different. My hope is that I can reprogram the Sprint board with GSM firmware and bootloader, plus what ever else nessesary to convert this.

I've used Treo ROM Tools from grack:
    http://www.grack.com/programming/misc/TreoROMTool.html

I've backed up the full ROM and RAM of both, but that tool only lets you restore the ROM files, not the entire ROM that includes the bootloader.

So my question is, has anyone converted a board before and can you post how to do it or provide a link. I have a USB datacable and can make a serial datacable if needed.

Thanks for looking
    Yeah, I put a Sprint board in my Cingular 650. You can probably find more details if you search. . .

All you need to do is replace it and flash the ROM using the ROMtool.

Good luck!
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  3.    #3  
    I was thinking that, but I believe I also need to make changes to the tokens. My Sprint board doesn't have many but my unlocked has more - or will this be updated when it is reflashed with ENU firmware
    Yes, I changed the tokens, too. I don't think you have to change them to make the Treo function, but if the firmware is ever updated again, it would probably cause problems if the tokens are messed up.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  5.    #5  
    OK - it worked for me! I now have a Sprint board converted to a GSM board. Here are some things.

The tools I needed to make this work.

1) Sync cable
    2) Treo 650 ROM Tool from grack.com
    http://www.grack.com/programming/misc/TreoROMTool.html
    3) T650Tool by Shadowmite
    http://shadowmite.com/T650Tool.zip

Overview:
    Like I said earlier, I was able to get a complete ROM and RAM backup from my T650 GSM. For me, this was needed to get the various TOKENS that are different from the Sprint phone. I also made a ROM firmware backup to .zip. Since my Sprint phone had a smaller ROM partition than the GSM, my files would not all fit and I received an error stating the file was too big. I used the T650Tool to remove files that had multiple languages, leaving only English. After using the tool to re-zip the files and create the MD5 checksum, I went back into the 650 ROM Tool and uploaded the smaller .zip file and then after rebooting the phone - I was able to make/receive calls.

Details:
    The first phone I connected to my sync cable was the Sprint 650. I put the phone into bootloader mode by first having the batter out, pressing the sync button and inserting the battery. This gave me a 3 colored screen and showed me my bootloader version. Then after starting the T650 ROM Tools program, I had to let the program read the phone and when that was done, I went to the "Phone Info" tab and looked at my tokens. I used the button to copy this to the clipboard and created a new text file and pasted the info into this for later. The next step was to go to the "Debugging" tab and clicked the Download button for both the ROM and RAM backup, for me NVFS was grayed out. My last step was the "Convert ROM Format" tab, which is the first tab, and in the "Output ROM" screen I left the Zip+MD5 radio button checked and left the file name as default, selected a place to put the backup file and hit the Export button.

Next I did the same as above to the GSM 650, giving me both ROM, RAM and TOKENS for both phones - just in case an error occurred or I needed to start over. Then I went to the text file that contained both TOKEN dumps, and put the GSM tokens first and the Sprint right underneath. This allowed me to see which tokens were missing from the Sprint board that I needed to add to the list. For me, I could only add two tokens at a time and then I had to pull the battery and restart in bootloader and restart the program. After all the tokens were added (some I had to add two times before they stayed), I needed to modify the backed up files from the GSM.

I started Shadowmites T650Tool and loaded the .zip file from the GSM backup. After following the instructions included, I removed all the language files and let the program re-zip the files resulting in a smaller ROM file that the phone would accept.

After going back into the Treo 650 ROM Tool and waiting for the phone to be read, I went into the "Upload ROM" tab and browsed for the new ace-palmos.zip file. Then I clicked the "Upload" button and the phone loaded the Sprint board with the GSM files. After this was done, I put on the GSM modem/radio board, put the phone back together and I did a Hard Reset.

Going through the setup prompts and turning on the radio - the Treo screen appeared and I was able to make and receive calls!

All the congratulations and hard work go to the authors of the above programs and all the other people who made prior posts who's information I was able to use.

Thanks everyone!
    I just tried to swap my board but isn't working. Is there any way you can send my you file?
    Thanks
    Chris
    Thanks for the info. I was able to swap my sprint board to a GSM board. Phone works but no internet.
    Thanks again for the info.