Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    I know there are all kinds of fancy wireless options for people on different Treos to play against/with each other, but what about the old-fashioned way?

    I just wanna play a two-player game where, when I die, I can hand my Treo to someone and then that person can play until s/he dies... then s/he hands it back to me so I can play, again... until we're all out of lives.

    I haven't found the NesEm forum to be very helpful on this topic and I can't seem to post even after having registered.

    Does anyone know if a simple 2-player, same device game is an option using NesEm?

    Thanks, in advance.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  2. aldamon's Avatar
    Posts
    650 Posts
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    #2  
    Wow, thanks to your post I just noticed that 1.9.1 was available. They went almost two years between updates
  3. #3  
    NesEm does not, however LJP will have that feature in its next release (which might not be until LJX). In the meanwhile, you can use it not only to play NES games, but SNES, GB, GENS, etc. It also has full Treo keyboard support for button mapping (especially usefull for SNES and its many buttons). And best of all, it's free!

    Get it here.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  4. #4  
    Metaview released RC9 of LJP, which includes the first ever multiplayer support for a PalmOS emulator. He still doesn't have 2 players working on the same device (hotseat method) but you can use a bluetooth gamepad for player 2.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  5. doc31's Avatar
    Posts
    707 Posts
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    #5  
    Count where can I get the roms from
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    Metaview released RC9 of LJP, which includes the first ever multiplayer support for a PalmOS emulator. He still doesn't have 2 players working on the same device (hotseat method) but you can use a bluetooth gamepad for player 2.
    How difficult is it to install? (Sorry I didn't respond sooner.)

    I tried to install the previous version after your (?) recommendation, but I had no luck. Apparently, it needs multiple parts.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    How difficult is it to install? (Sorry I didn't respond sooner.)

    I tried to install the previous version after your (?) recommendation, but I had no luck. Apparently, it needs multiple parts.
    Here's an installation guide. It's pretty easy to get up and running, but doesn't have an auto-installer. You just need Filez or Resco Explorer or a Card Reader on your PC.

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31
    Count where can I get the roms from
    You do realize that kind of question will get you banned from most forums? It's just something you might have to figure out on your own (hint - google is your friend).
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    Here's an installation guide. It's pretty easy to get up and running, but doesn't have an auto-installer. You just need Filez or Resco Explorer or a Card Reader on your PC.



    You do realize that kind of question will get you banned from most forums? It's just something you might have to figure out on your own (hint - google is your friend).
    Thanks for the help, everyone. I've gotten this app to work consistently, now, which pleases me greatly. I"m too chicken to delete NesEM, just yet, though.

    Each program seems to have something going for it.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  9. #9  
    Metaview just made an update to LJP that includes 2-player hotseat switching, just as you requested! Rejoice and play Super Mario Brothers with your friends, all on one device!

    To switch players just hit the reset button on the beltbar (at the bottom of the screen during play). He may update that in the future to be a little more intuitive but this was a quick fix just to give you the funcionality.

    By the way, you really may want to consider sending a donation his way for putting in specific functionality due to your requests. I'm sure he wouldn't complain.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    Metaview just made an update to LJP that includes 2-player hotseat switching, just as you requested! Rejoice and play Super Mario Brothers with your friends, all on one device!

    To switch players just hit the reset button on the beltbar (at the bottom of the screen during play). He may update that in the future to be a little more intuitive but this was a quick fix just to give you the funcionality.

    By the way, you really may want to consider sending a donation his way for putting in specific functionality due to your requests. I'm sure he wouldn't complain.
    I think I will, but why do you think it was because of my request?

    EDIT: The first link lead to an error page.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I think I will, but why do you think it was because of my request?

    EDIT: The first link lead to an error page.
    That's strange, try downloading it from his blog.

    And I have a hunch it was because of your request because I asked him to include that feature after seeing your request here - and he put it in quickly afterwards.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    That's strange, try downloading it from his blog.

    And I have a hunch it was because of your request because I asked him to include that feature after seeing your request here - and he put it in quickly afterwards.
    Have you used the new version, yet? Maybe I did something wrong, but it doesn't seem to offer the two-player-on-the-same-device option. That is what you meant, above, when you mentioned "hotseat," right?

    I installed it by deleted the previous LJP application from the Treo, replacing it with the new prc I got from the blog. I also replaced the old zem file with the new one.

    Am I missing anything?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.

Posting Permissions