Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The thing I find interesting is the fact that they wrote:

"This is an installation issue and it is evident immediately during the installation of the MR to your device. If you have already loaded the MR successfully to your device, you are good to go."

So they don't feel that there are any problems with the new ROM itself. Only the install was the problem. So would that mean that those with the blurry text are on their own because the new ROM is in their system and is "working" ??
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmarako View Post
    I'm going to give Haroldo a bit of backup support here. I give Palm credit for at least keeping us informed. Sure there are a ton of problems like "MR should have been out 6 months ago", "MR should have worked", blah blah blah..... At least Palm is trying to keep us customers in the loop.

We do not know what was holding up the Verizon release (I'm on Verizon) and I doubt any one will ever tell us. Surely after Palm & Verizon noticed what happened with the Sprint release they probably both decided to "postpone" it.

Trying to debug SW problems are a pain, I know that from experience. You just can't look at the problem for 5 minutes and go "OK, I'll fix that today". It may take days or a few weeks to dig down and find the root causes of the install problems. And certainly once they find the problem they are not going to simply say "OK, problem fixed" and re-release the MR. I'd imagine they will try to get dozens if not hundreds of phones and do the update to confirm it works.

So I'm not making excuses for Palm.... this should have been handled better for the past year. But lets be glad they are looking into it and see what they find. I do not have most of the issues other here have had so I guess I'm not as mad at Palm. If you feel you must "move on" then OK, go ahead. Palm will learn a valuable lesson from this (I hope) and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the 800w/p helps Palm regain their standing.

JM
    This quote and the one right after it by Treotraveler both well said

I also didn't have any problems with my treo (and If I did I always found that I was the reason lol) I love this phone. My only issue was bluetooth but again I live in a state that doesn't require their use yet but as a techi I still enjoy playing with stuff like that. Even devices on their compatability list didn't work properly, but now they seem to be a lot more stable. I know thats a little off topic but I agree with both of your statements. I know from experience too that software installs are very hard to pinpoint problems. Im sure they tested the hell out of this mr before they posted it. What company would just say just give it to them with out fully testing it? Ive done the MR on 3 phones now and all are just fine and I didn't need to do a hard reset or anything. Now onto the actual topic: Palm as a large company taking the time to even have a blog that even being updated once a week shows more to me then the majority of companies I have ever done business with. Now again saying that I never had many problems with my phone to begin with I was still anticipating the MR just to see what it was going to offer. I was mighty impressed that they would even bother with a information blog. Most companies take the stance that it will be out when its out. I can't stand this stance and makes me just want to boycot anything they ever make again. I will stand by haroldo original statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish View Post
    The thing I find interesting is the fact that they wrote:

"This is an installation issue and it is evident immediately during the installation of the MR to your device. If you have already loaded the MR successfully to your device, you are good to go."

So they don't feel that there are any problems with the new ROM itself. Only the install was the problem. So would that mean that those with the blurry text are on their own because the new ROM is in their system and is "working" ??
    I had the blurry text and Palm swapped it out with a Refurb. Not the best but better than nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmarako View Post
    We do not know what was holding up the Verizon release (I'm on Verizon) and I doubt any one will ever tell us. Surely after Palm & Verizon noticed what happened with the Sprint release they probably both decided to "postpone" it.
    Problem is, that explanation does not fit the facts. The fact is that the VZW MR release was "postponed" before the very first attempted Sprint MR installation ever even occurred.

I'm not giving them that much credit. Now while it could be the case the VZW found problems in their testing initially and asked for the delay, it simply wasn't a result of seeing the train wreck that was the Sprint MR release.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12