1.    #1  
    I have noticed that my VZW Treo 700p intermittently and FREQUENTLY (like every couple of minutes or so), accesses the network (the orange LED lights up) for about 20-30 seconds. I do have network apps (Snappermail, Mundu, 4Cast, etc.) but none are set to automatically do anything or work in the background (believe me, I have checked!).

Another thing I have noticed is that if ZLauncher is running, even when the power is off, I get the "Power On" ZL sound like every few seconds, followed by the orange LED.

Needless to say, this is draining the crap out of my battery, like 10% an hour!

Does anyone have ANY clue why this is happening?

As additional information, they are currently working on EVDO coverage in my area and have been testing it for weeks (supposed to be finalized by end of June). I notice in the phone app that I keep going back and forth between '1x' and 'EV' as they turn the EV signal on and off while testing it. Could THAT have anything to do with it?

I am loathing the idea of calling Palm or going to Verizon to ask these questions, because we all know how much of a waste of time THAT will be.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

HG...
    My Alltel 700p was doing the same thing. I was able to get it to stop by doing the following.

go to prefs
    go to date & time
    uncheck both items

I do have to manually change the time if I go into a different time zone -- but this has stopped by phone from constantly turning on