1.    #1  
    I left it charging overnight. This morning I try to turn it on... nothing. Pull out battery, after replacing - 1st splash screen with progress then nothing apart from red light going on. No resets do anything at all. Replace battery with down held makes the keyboard flash (is this the bootloader?.) Tried all combinations of SIM/no SIM and SD/no SD... absolutely stumped
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    reset with UP held is a warm reset iirc

Hard Reset fail as well?
  3.    #3  
    Hard reset does nothing. I never thought I'd say I'd love to do a hard reset.
    Have you tried leaving the battery out for awhile...an hour or so?
  5.    #5  
    I managed to get it working but am not entirely whether what I did actually helped it back to life or whether it was coincidental that it came back on after the following:
    I rebooted it into bootloader mode (reset with d-pad down) and plugged in the power lead and pulled it out a few times. After that it managed to soft reset.
    Something that may have bearing is that my treo always shows the battery level at 99% no matter what level the battery is actually at.
    What did you spill in it? Dew? Beer?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    What did you spill in it? Dew? Beer?
    Would that produce the symtoms shown? it is secondhand so maybe the last owner got it wet...
    Yeah, I am thinking you have some sort of hardware problem.. In other words, what you're describing does not seem to be normal behavior to me.

What programs did you have installed before you had this problem?
  9.    #9  
    Well, so far today it's been working fine...
    The programs I had (and still have) installed are: Everything it came with + Datebk5, HanDBase3.5, Filez, LJP, Plucker, Keyring, PalmPDF, Bhajis Loops, PalmFiction, Progect, LispMe, Plua2, pssh, SrcEdit, Arcade Reality, Chtong, HB Forms, GoogleMaps, Feringa, TikTok and sntp.
    My hunch is that it is a problem related to power - hopefully it can be solved by replacing the battery. Otherwise, I'll be tempted to open it up and see if there are any short circuits going on (It's out of warranty.)
    Quote Originally Posted by dullard View Post
    Well, so far today it's been working fine...
    The programs I had (and still have) installed are: Everything it came with + Datebk5, HanDBase3.5, Filez, LJP, Plucker, Keyring, PalmPDF, Bhajis Loops, PalmFiction, Progect, LispMe, Plua2, pssh, SrcEdit, Arcade Reality, Chtong, HB Forms, GoogleMaps, Feringa, TikTok and sntp.
    My hunch is that it is a problem related to power - hopefully it can be solved by replacing the battery. Otherwise, I'll be tempted to open it up and see if there are any short circuits going on (It's out of warranty.)
    No background apps I recognize, so most likely not some interaction there.

Hopefully it's the battery. Good luck!