View Poll Results: How would you rate your satisfaction of your 755p?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

64 62.75%
  • Good

29 28.43%
  • Average

4 3.92%
  • Fair

3 2.94%
  • Poor

2 1.96%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi All,

I've had a Sprint Treo 650 for the last 2 years and am looking to upgrade and was wondering what the general consensus is of 755p owners regarding their satisfaction overall with this relatively new device.

Cheers!

Calvin

P.S. I've never created a poll before. I thought appropriate ratings would be:

1. Excellent
    2. Good
    3. Average
    4. Fair
    5. Poor
    Very happy 755p owner here
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Love my 755P! My first Treo and it has been a great experience so far!
    I voted for Excellent because I haven't ran into any hiccups besides the 3 resets since I've had it. I say that's pretty good compared to when I had the 700p. Resets all day! lol
    diane
    Overall i like my Treo 755p but its a couple of things that i dont like,

1) The instant messenger is messing up

2) no push email

3) I had the phone for 6 days and it has done a couple of resets on me.

other than that i love it but those few things right there are very importtant to me. so tomorrow morning im going to call sprint and switch back to my Blackberry. ( I think )
    I rate the 755p excellent too...Very satisfied with my purchase
    very satisfied with my 755p, in fact i love it. from a 650 to 755p even better because you get the EVDO (700p already had it) and the 755 recognizes miniSDHC cards to you can 4gb immediately and to make up for the loss of the 8gb SDHC card i had with music on it, there is the streaming music via pTunes and EVDO rarely buffers and provides great quality!!

OS app speed is on par with my 650 as well because i use PXAClocker to overclock to the same freq that the 650 was at. havent tried pushing it furthur too much though. (others have reported its a bit slower naturally so i just used PXAClocker right away)

it may be a dead issue now....but software that isnt specificaly for the 755 will mostly still run of course because its very similar to the 700 (probably moot point because developers are updating of course)

the boost in RAM is incredible. from 24MB(650) up to 62MB(755p) of RAM is awesome.

battery life kind of eats it but i was prepared for that and i've already preordered an extended battery from Seidio.

at first i thought the 755 was going to suck and i should just get a 700 for cheap but then i held the 755 and demoed it in store and was sold. a month and some odd time later im a full supporter/promoter.....Great Device!
    Love my 755P

Battery life has been OK for me, 'm not a real heavy phone or Internet user, though. Mostly using it as a PDA (replaced my Treo 90 and Nextel i730 phone).
    I love my new 755!

I say that without hesitation after the misery I had with the Sprint 700P that I started out with in January.

I love the color (Burgundy) and using the built-in Velvet color theme, all my windows match the phone perfectly.

Reception is tremendously improved compared to the 700P, which couldn't get a signal here at home. The 755 not only allows me to make calls, but it can log on to Powervision, something that the 700P could never do.

As you will hear from others who have used the 700P, it was a nightmare with spontaneous resets occurring so often that I anticipated something going wrong every time I used it.

That said, the 755 has been a joy. The few resets that I've experienced came from my experimenting with the few 3rd party apps that I wanted to try out.

Opera Mini, for one was a disaster for me. somehow, it took over the four "hard" application switching buttons and wouldn't let me switch out of it and finally it froze, necessitating a soft reset and deletion.

Voice Dial was the other problematic app and, sadly, I finally had to give up on it. This was after a number of error-ridden installs which required hard resets to get out of. What a PIA! It was too bad, because I strongly feel that voice dialing is an important safety function. I will keep my eyes open for a better application.

The fact that you can't voice dial using bluetooth doesn't seem like a big deal to me. If I can find a way to implement voice dialing, just speaking into the phone momentarily until the connection is made and then using a blue tooth headset seems OK to me.

Based on these problems, I've pretty much decided that I won't use a lot of 3rd party apps (although, others have said that they have a bunch and that they're working well. STF for ideas.)

The other side of the 3rd party app story is that I am using Agendus Pro, which I've been using a long time, going back to my Sony ClieŽand I've also added Kinoma 4 EX, Bookworm and Scrabble. All have been stable.

Sidepocket, I definitely can wholeheartedly recommend the 755 to you. I give it a 1 for excellent.

As I always say, "that's just my opinion, others may say that I'm wrong."

GeneL
    EXCELLLLLLLLLENT! Yah!
    Overall Excellent. One minor problem, I hope, after inserting my headphones the audio system went completely dead! NO SOUND from anywhere! Cleaned the headphone jack with alcohol and then some canned air, it seems to be fine, do have a replacement coming from Palm Store

A software dissapointment; 2Day and 4Cast both cause the 755 to "LAG" when switching apps. Once removed it was back to it's "Snappy" self.

By the way, as I mentioned in another post, when I viewed the exact same web page on my 700 vs 755, the 755 rendered more of the page and of course it also seems brighter. I think Palm has perfect the "Form Factor", now for a better browser and of course WiFi and we will have, after all the excruciating years( 300 - 600 - 650 - 700), reached nivana.
    I like my 755p (definitely more snappier and stable)

HOWEVER, I feel that I can do all the same things I do with my 700p...

not much of an upgrade for me. battery life is poor as well.
    Excellent! I owned the 700p for a short time. Prior to the 700p I had the 650 for 2 years. I can tell you that you will love the ability of loading applications without having to worry about running out of RAM. EVDO just seals the deal. Glad the antenna is gone and there is no need to buy eGrips anymore. Plus I find it more stable than the 650.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Another excellent post. I went from a 650 that I had from the day they became available in Austin. It was my favorite device. The 755p is refined in every way. The software works better, there's more of it and it has more connected applications. I have lots of 3rd party apps all on the device, none on my 4G card and I have 28M of ram available! The screen is better, the buttons are crisper. Documents to go is actually stable and I haven't had to reload it even a single time.
    The battery doesn't last quite as long, but I use my Treo all day every day and the battery is still lasting almost 3 days.
    been using 650 for long time (gone thru 3 650s...) had little probelm w/ a dead pixel.. gone thru four 755ps luv the performance and pland I have w/ sprint, but I do hate their cs!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by amdxmania View Post
    been using 650 for long time (gone thru 3 650s...) had little probelm w/ a dead pixel.. gone thru four 755ps luv the performance and pland I have w/ sprint, but I do hate their cs!!!!
    how on earth did you go through 4 755p's so fast?
    If you're a 650 user considering a 755P, you may find this thread useful:

"755P through the eyes of 650 owners"

By the way, I voted "Good" because I'm very pleased with my 755P, but there are some rather simple things it should do... quite simply. I'll reserve "excellent" until and unless those issues are resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by SidePocket View Post
    Hi All,

I've had a Sprint Treo 650 for the last 2 years and am looking to upgrade and was wondering what the general consensus is of 755p owners regarding their satisfaction overall with this relatively new device.

Cheers!

Calvin

P.S. I've never created a poll before. I thought appropriate ratings would be:

1. Excellent
    2. Good
    3. Average
    4. Fair
    5. Poor
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I gave it a good, there's nothing on the market right now worthy of a excellent (IMO)... but I'm definitely a satisfied customer... I want to thank all of the 700p beta testers out there for working out "most" of the bugs, so us 755 users could have such nice device ...

The folks @ palm are brillant, they managed to get beta testers that were willing to pay for the privilege, just kidding 700p users, well sorta lol
    Last edited by R1_Rydah; 06/14/2007 at 02:09 PM.
    For me this is the best Treo I ever had so far. I had the 650 and it was just too fragile. Resets, loss of preferences, low memory, bad bluetooth and low volume. The 700p was better but had the bluetooth problem, the lag and some other things. The 755p has the best from both and feels very solid. So yeah I like it a lot.

Al
    Just got it today. (*pouring out some ice tea for my dead homie, the 700p*) The smaller form factor is a weird. I don't dislike it but it's definately strange so far. The new easy grip feel is nice. I prefer phones in black, silver or grey; the cranberry well take some getting used to.

Switching between apps is way quicker IMO. The screen seems more crisp. I guess I'll have more in a week or two.

The last two weeks with my 700p were hell. It went down fighting but I had to call the time of death last week. I hope this 755 will be as reliable as my 700p was before the MR. RIP 700p.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast