View Poll Results: How would you rate your satisfaction of your 755p?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

    64 62.75%
  • Good

    29 28.43%
  • Average

    4 3.92%
  • Fair

    3 2.94%
  • Poor

    2 1.96%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 47
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneL View Post
    I love my new 755!

    I say that without hesitation after the misery I had with the Sprint 700P that I started out with in January.

    I love the color (Burgundy) and using the built-in Velvet color theme, all my windows match the phone perfectly.

    Reception is tremendously improved compared to the 700P, which couldn't get a signal here at home. The 755 not only allows me to make calls, but it can log on to Powervision, something that the 700P could never do.

    As you will hear from others who have used the 700P, it was a nightmare with spontaneous resets occurring so often that I anticipated something going wrong every time I used it.

    That said, the 755 has been a joy. The few resets that I've experienced came from my experimenting with the few 3rd party apps that I wanted to try out.

    Opera Mini, for one was a disaster for me. somehow, it took over the four "hard" application switching buttons and wouldn't let me switch out of it and finally it froze, necessitating a soft reset and deletion.

    Voice Dial was the other problematic app and, sadly, I finally had to give up on it. This was after a number of error-ridden installs which required hard resets to get out of. What a PIA! It was too bad, because I strongly feel that voice dialing is an important safety function. I will keep my eyes open for a better application.

    The fact that you can't voice dial using bluetooth doesn't seem like a big deal to me. If I can find a way to implement voice dialing, just speaking into the phone momentarily until the connection is made and then using a blue tooth headset seems OK to me.

    Based on these problems, I've pretty much decided that I won't use a lot of 3rd party apps (although, others have said that they have a bunch and that they're working well. STF for ideas.)

    The other side of the 3rd party app story is that I am using Agendus Pro, which I've been using a long time, going back to my Sony ClieŽand I've also added Kinoma 4 EX, Bookworm and Scrabble. All have been stable.

    Sidepocket, I definitely can wholeheartedly recommend the 755 to you. I give it a 1 for excellent.

    As I always say, "that's just my opinion, others may say that I'm wrong."

    GeneL
    I didn't know there was a voice dial app. I just added the voice dial feature offered by my carrier (Sprint) and it seems to work fine with my bluetooth headset (Motorola H700). I'm an Agendus Pro user as well (bought it originally for my T5) and it works fine.

    What is Sidepocket?
  2. #22  
    I've been a Palm user for years, have been using the T5 for the past two years. Got sick of being on my cell with a client, then having to go to the T5 to check my schedule (while cradling the cell on my shoulder), so I bought the 755p, my first Treo. Took a call from a client just today using the 755p, put the call on speaker, activated Agendus Pro, shuffled through my schedule, all while talking to my client. What I'll make with that client will pay for the Treo, so it doesn't get any better than that! Wish the 755p had internal voice dial function like my old Samsung i500 palm phone had. Also more used to the solid stylus of the T5, rather than the flimsy one that comes with Treo, but it's a small trade-off.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by qstorm View Post
    I didn't know there was a voice dial app. I just added the voice dial feature offered by my carrier (Sprint) and it seems to work fine with my bluetooth headset (Motorola H700). I'm an Agendus Pro user as well (bought it originally for my T5) and it works fine.

    What is Sidepocket?
    qstorm, Sidepocket is the screen name of another forum member to whom I was referring.

    As far as Sprint's voice dialing app, the problem with it IMO is the monthly charge once the free trial is over. The standalone app, Voice Dial costs a one time flat charge, but I've been unable to get it working on my 755. The crashes it has caused necessitated a HARD reset each time,which was a major PIA.

    I'm waiting to see if the developer, Voice Signal, comes up with a 755 upgrade. They presently claim compatibility using the 700P version, but my experience says that it doesn't work.

    I'm sure that you'll be very happy with your 755.

    GeneL
  4. #24  
    Installed a voice dial program that is working great with my 755. Of course it says "did you say______________?" But I agree, the saftey is worth that little inconvenience since trying to look up a number in contacts could take just as long. Here's the link. If it continues to work like it is I'm buying it at the end of the trial period.

    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...cedialing.html
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Installed a voice dial program that is working great with my 755. Of course it says "did you say______________?" But I agree, the saftey is worth that little inconvenience since trying to look up a number in contacts could take just as long. Here's the link. If it continues to work like it is I'm buying it at the end of the trial period.

    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...cedialing.html
    I can't get why some 755 owners have been able to install and use Voice Dial and why I can't do the same.

    Is there anything about the install that you can tell me that might help me?
  6.    #26  
    Hi All!

    Thanks for taking the time to take this simple poll and all of your great posts!

    It's clear the majority of new 755p owners are very happy campers!

    As hard as it will be to part with my trusty 650, I'm going get this baby!

    Thanks again all!

    Cheers!
  7. #27  
    Wise choice

    Post when you get your 755.

    GeneL
  8. #28  
    My only gripes with the Treo 755 are related to the Phone App:

    1) The ignorance of reverting from the 650's favorite-style phone app menu to the 600's phone app 4-selection menu. (i.e. - after opening phone app, just press up to see your contacts or left to see your call log right away without having to hit another button to "select")

    2) The BEST feature of the Treos was removed with the 755p: "Dialing by name or number". Now if I want to dial a number directly, I have to hold option and then start dialing the number...that's retarded. I bought a smartphone, dammit! The 300, 600, & 650 were smart enough to distinguish whether I was dialing a number or contact, why can't the 755?!?!?

    3) Other people didn't like the 650's button layout when they first saw it...I saw its usefulness. Other people didn't like the 755's button layout after seeing the 650's layout...I was one of those people. I've actually adjusted to the ones that people seem to be having trouble with like power/hangup, menu, home, etc... but I can't seem to understand why there's a phone app button AND a green button. The only purpose of the green button is to dial calls...which the phone button was doing fine all by itself. I just wish Palm would make more sense these days. Why not just replace that phone button with something else and let the green button act like the phone button of the 650?!?

    It's disappointing to me that ALL of my gripes with the Treos have been solved except for the most crucial ones, the ones related to the phone app. The phone's controls should be getting easier and more intuitive, not randomly different.
    Last edited by grndslm; 06/15/2007 at 05:47 PM.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneL View Post
    qstorm, Sidepocket is the screen name of another forum member to whom I was referring.

    As far as Sprint's voice dialing app, the problem with it IMO is the monthly charge once the free trial is over. The standalone app, Voice Dial costs a one time flat charge, but I've been unable to get it working on my 755. The crashes it has caused necessitated a HARD reset each time,which was a major PIA.

    I'm waiting to see if the developer, Voice Signal, comes up with a 755 upgrade. They presently claim compatibility using the 700P version, but my experience says that it doesn't work.

    I'm sure that you'll be very happy with your 755.

    GeneL
    Yes, I am happy with it overall. Just a few things that will take some getting used to (the voice dial being one of them; my i500 had a real cool internal voice dial feature where you press one button and it asks for the name and connects instantly; the Sprint voice command wastes time by asking for confirmation).

    It looks like the Voice Dial you're talking about is only for Windows and you can't use a BT headset with it. There's this program by Nuance that's looks interesting, but there's $6 monthly fee...but it looks worth it. You know anything about that?
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    My only gripes with the Treo 755 are related to the Phone App:

    1) The ignorance of reverting from the 650's favorite-style phone app menu to the 600's phone app 4-selection menu. (i.e. - after opening phone app, just press up to see your contacts or left to see your call log right away without having to hit another button to "select")

    2) The BEST feature of the Treos was removed with the 755p: "Dialing by name or number". Now if I want to dial a number directly, I have to hold option and then start dialing the number...that's retarded. I bought a smartphone, dammit! The 300, 600, & 650 were smart enough to distinguish whether I was dialing a number or contact, why can't the 755?!?!?

    3) Other people didn't like the 650's button layout when they first saw it...I saw its usefulness. Other people didn't like the 755's button layout after seeing the 650's layout...I was one of those people. I've actually adjusted to the ones that people seem to be having trouble with like power/hangup, menu, home, etc... but I can't seem to understand why there's a phone app button AND a green button. The only purpose of the green button is to dial calls...which the phone button was doing fine all by itself. I just wish Palm would make more sense these days. Why not just replace that phone button with something else and let the green button act like the phone button of the 650?!?

    It's disappointing to me that ALL of my gripes with the Treos have been solved except for the most crucial ones, the ones related to the phone app. The phone's controls should be getting easier and more intuitive, not randomly different.
    I'm new to Treo and I read these posts, specifically the ones with complaints, just to be on the lookout for similar problems. But, I'm not sure I understand your issue with the dialing. Why do you have to hold down the option button to dial a number? You can't just dial directly? Maybe I'm not clear about the issue.
  11. #31  
    I'm afraid to jinx things but everything is absolutely perfect with my 755P. ZERO resets...faster...no lags....phone signal is way better...bluetooth is flawless...all of my must have programs work perfectly such as: Chatter, Verichat, Launcher X, Volume Care, Today/4Cast, takephone, Telenav, did I say SLINGBOX because it's better than ever on the 755P! Lastly I bought 2 extended Siedio batteries which came yesterday and now get 8 to 12 hours on a battery with medium to heavy use...and my battery door closes just fine with either battery!
    Pinch me I must be dreaming!
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by qstorm View Post
    I'm new to Treo and I read these posts, specifically the ones with complaints, just to be on the lookout for similar problems. But, I'm not sure I understand your issue with the dialing. Why do you have to hold down the option button to dial a number? You can't just dial directly? Maybe I'm not clear about the issue.
    With the previous Treos, it would notice whether the first few characters you were typing were all numbers or if they began the first or last names of someone in your contacts db. . .it was the first smart feature i ever noticed of the new smartphone era.

    BUT IT'S GONE...WTF!?!

    I'm really not so sure that the 755p is worth $280 even for a current 650 owner really...it really comes down to the reception and lag. If your phone's reception or lag is sooo bad that you feel like paying $280...get the 755p. Otherwise, it might not be worth it if you'd rather wait for the prodigy palmLinux OS where your money could prolly be better spent in ~6 months.

    I am VERY pleased how I can use my previous 650 accessories. VERY!!

    But the digression in the phone app makes me wonder wtf Palm is thinking these days. They're just starting to get off key at the worst times, and at the worst places.
  13. #33  
    Honestly, I'm not sure how that feature could be taken away...and how nobody could have noticed this before.

    I'm just not keen on telling a person to hold the option key OR to hold the all-white key to dial a number when i prefer to dial "jsjsjs&$quot$; $or$ &$quot$;$jana$&$quot$;...$it$ $just$ $throws$ $people$ $off$ $when$ $i$ $can$ $just$ $tell$ $them$ $to$ $start$ $typing$ $their$ $name$ $OR$ $dial$ $a$ $number$ $with$ $the$ $lighter$ $shade$ $keys$.

    The Treos before were smart, and so should this one be.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    I gave it a good, there's nothing on the market right now worthy of a excellent (IMO)... but I'm definitely a satisfied customer... I want to thank all of the 700p beta testers out there for working out "most" of the bugs, so us 755 users could have such nice device ...

    The folks @ palm are brillant, they managed to get beta testers that were willing to pay for the privilege, just kidding 700p users, well sorta lol
    Anytime...
    at&t iPhone3G
  15. #35  
    I've had my 755p since first day of introduction, actually even 2 days before the official intro date (Saturday). I can say the 755p is noticeably better than the 700p and more stable. Minor gripes are that I still get occasional soft resets when entering the Web, which I've noticed happens more likely after doing a hotsynch. Doing a manual soft reset after a hotsynch will usually help prevent a random soft reset when entering the Web. Other minor issue is that with Chatter installed, this seems to cause a small delay when exiting out of Chatter. But I'm so addicted to push email that I would not think to delete Chatter. Last gripe is the mini SD card which was a pain to adapt to. However, even this issue is not much to consider after the initial pain is over. All in all, the 755p is a keeper for me and I'm satisfied overall.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    I've had my 755p since first day of introduction, actually even 2 days before the official intro date (Saturday). I can say the 755p is noticeably better than the 700p and more stable....
    'Tis a shame that the 700p update couldn't be released a lil earlier since the 755's been running around with this stable OS for all this time. I'm usually not one to get emotional, but it sounds like you 700p were treated unjustly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    Last gripe is the mini SD card which was a pain to adapt to. However, even this issue is not much to consider after the initial pain is over.
    'Tis a pain for sure...at least I would have felt more confident "upgrading" to a microSD, however...seeing as how the 755p is one of the ONLY devices with miniSD. But as you said, the initial pain sheds quickly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    All in all, the 755p is a keeper for me and I'm satisfied overall.
    No doubt...the steps forward that Palm takes are obvious and inevitable, the steps backward, however, (like miniSD & phone app changes) are going to help Palm lose some footing in the marketplace.
  17. #37  
    I am a 2+ yr 650 user and have been very, very satisfied with my 755p so far. I have pretty much -0- complaints about the performance and have accepted the feature set and design that is not that much of an advance. The EVDO network is great for web surfing and email.
  18. eg757's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #38  
    been a treo user for many years.....first a 600 then a 650 for the last 2 1/2 years.....I'd say definately worth upgrade from 650 to a 755p. better phone reception and quality, better blue tooth, nicer case design.
  19. #39  
    How is the bluetooth headset clarity and overal fidelity? Do you lose connection or does it stay paired?

    what kind of video streaming do you get within blazer? can you stream youtube.com videos or news vids?

    can you install xiino onto the 755 and if so, is it significantly faster than blazer?
  20. #40  
    Comming from the Nextel side of the house with the 7100i blackberry and over to sprint for one is a big change. The 755p is a real nice phone and it so small and different then the previous models. I thought the previous Treo's where to corporate looking. I think Palm is trying to foucus on young buyers like me. Oh Call clearity is so much better and the speed ....damn is all i got say. I don't miss my blackberry 7100i one bit. I'm now a Treo fan I can't believe it
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions