1.    #1  
    Thought I would share my recent disgust with newegg.com. I ordered the 4gb Transcend SDHC card last week. 7 days later it was delivered today.

The card was the old class 2 card which I understand is slower than the class 4 cards. OK - did I order an older card incorrectly??? I tried to check the part number but it no longer exists --Transcend 4GB mini SDHC Flash Card Model TS4GSDMHC - Retail
    Item #: N82E16820208089.

If that wasn't bad enough the retail packaging was absolutely butchered -- someone had cut the packaging on both sides very carelessly. A piece of FREAKIN TAPE held the whole package together.

I can't believe they shipped this CRAP to me. I'll call tomorrow for RMA -- I can only hope some loser in the warehouse did this from lazyness or spite, and not on orders from management.

Unfortunately, I can no longer recommend using Newegg. Doesn't look like they have a 4gb SDHC card in stock anyway right now.
    *shocked* newegg is usually on point, I've never had a problem with them... I'm sure once you contact them they will make things right
    HTC Touch Pro
    I've ordered quite a lot from Newegg, they have their moments, but fortunately they're rare. This is a sign of bad juju and I think they will fix it without too much trouble.

They have a phone number and I'd suggest calling them directly about this. I've dealt with people in their office when things got screwed up and can honestly say that they have resolved any issues to my satisfaction. I'm not shy about posting my horror stories with customer service, but newegg is one of the better online merchants - straightforward, reliable (for the most part) and they don't play games with hiding their shipping and other fees.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    If they don't resolve your issue I would be shocked
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    For what's it's worth, I did order (accidentally, I didn't pay attention in the description) a class 2 Transcend 4GB and it works just fine with TomTom. I did not order from newegg. I think it was amazon.
    When you ordered, did you notice "Open Box" in the title? If so, that would explain the condition of your item and the reason why you can't pull it up any longer on their website. Newegg sells many Open Box items and once they are sold out the item disappears from their website.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  7.    #7  
    re: "Open Box" -- to the best of my knowledge I ordered new merchandise. The invoice didn't say anything else -- and it was as the $43 price with shipping that everyone else was paying.

BTW -- the card works fine but it is about the same speed as a 2gb ADATA card that I arleady was using -- i.e., it starts TCMP from the card in about 8 seconds or so. I was hoping for a speed improvement.

I'll probably return it unless they offer a significant open box discount.
    Quote Originally Posted by fbeaumont View Post
    Thought I would share my recent disgust with newegg.com. I ordered the 4gb Transcend SDHC card last week. 7 days later it was delivered today.

The card was the old class 2 card which I understand is slower than the class 4 cards. OK - did I order an older card incorrectly??? I tried to check the part number but it no longer exists --Transcend 4GB mini SDHC Flash Card Model TS4GSDMHC - Retail
    Item #: N82E16820208089.

If that wasn't bad enough the retail packaging was absolutely butchered -- someone had cut the packaging on both sides very carelessly. A piece of FREAKIN TAPE held the whole package together.

I can't believe they shipped this CRAP to me. I'll call tomorrow for RMA -- I can only hope some loser in the warehouse did this from lazyness or spite, and not on orders from management.

Unfortunately, I can no longer recommend using Newegg. Doesn't look like they have a 4gb SDHC card in stock anyway right now.
    Before you start screaming at newegg you might want to check that item, if you ordered TS4GSDMHC it is a class 2. It doesnt say class 2 or 4 on the product page but if you click the image it clearly says it on the packaging. (click on the picture of the card). You certainly have a gripe about the packaging but they shipped you what you ordered.
  9.    #9  
    I doubt I would be mad at newegg if they only sent me what I ordered -- a new miniSD card. Perhaps the title of the thread would instead be -- "Make sure you order the faster class 4 mini-SD card - because I didn't".

My gripe is the packaging. My disappointment is that I bought the slower card because at the time I didn't know any better.
    You probably should have waited to see how NewEgg handled your packaging situation before you started a thread that could mar their reputation...
    I don't understand why you didn't post this AFTER talking to them and then only if they didn't give you the results you wanted? It probably was some looser's fault in the warehouse?
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    I doubt I would be mad at newegg if they only sent me what I ordered -- a new miniSD card. Perhaps the title of the thread would instead be -- "Make sure you order the faster class 4 mini-SD card - because I didn't".

My gripe is the packaging. My disappointment is that I bought the slower card because at the time I didn't know any better.
    Sometimes it's the manufacturer that has crappy packaging like that.
    It's what happens when you buy cheap chinese-brand flash cards instead of a more reputable company like SanDisk or Kingston

But really, who cares about the packaging if the card works fine? You seem like you're more upset about buying a class 2 card and seeing if you can weasel your way out of cash off because the packaging was messed up.
    Hey, the poster above me has a really abnormally long screenname too. Cool man.
    Quote Originally Posted by bananaphoneman View Post
    Hey, the poster above me has a really abnormally long screenname too. Cool man.
    Haha... it's from Ben Folds - Whatever and Ever, Amen

Or actually from my MacRumors account, after being banned 3 times for calling people Mac fanboys.
    Quote Originally Posted by whateverandever View Post
    Haha... it's from Ben Folds - Whatever and Ever, Amen

Or actually from my MacRumors account, after being banned 3 times for calling people Mac fanboys.

Ahh ok. Mac, pffft, what a crock man. I can dig an iPod but any other product I wouldn't buy if given a large coupon or discount.
    Quote Originally Posted by bananaphoneman View Post
    Ahh ok. Mac, pffft, what a crock man. I can dig an iPod but any other product I wouldn't buy if given a large coupon or discount.
    That's what I used to think, until a few weeks ago when I bought a MacBook. Try it, you might reconsider.

Oh yeah. Newegg rocks!
    Gimme the P-Funk!
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    When you ordered, did you notice "Open Box" in the title? If so, that would explain the condition of your item and the reason why you can't pull it up any longer on their website. Newegg sells many Open Box items and once they are sold out the item disappears from their website.
    Quote Originally Posted by whateverandever View Post
    Sometimes it's the manufacturer that has crappy packaging like that.
    It's what happens when you buy cheap chinese-brand flash cards instead of a more reputable company like SanDisk or Kingston
    I was considering the 4GB miniSD when I resigned myself to the 755, and NewEgg DEFINITELY had them in the "new" area. Since it appears that Transcend is presently the only manufacturer of 4GB miniSD for the moment - stock was depleted and newegg likely pulled the page. I've spoken with another distributor and they have stock coming in, price is going UP. Supply and Demand (thanks, Palm.... )
    Last edited by Joad; 06/16/2007 at 03:37 PM.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.