Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    does the S9 work with the new ROM upgrade? without SAG?
    Need SAG. Works with 1.10 as "good" as any BT device can work with a 700p, "kind'a"...
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Okay, I have had mine for a few days, using them only to listen in the car so moisture is not an issue I will address at this time.

Battery drain is moderate, certainly not as advertised but not terrible either- they need to be recharged every day or so.

Comfort is poor, I have tried all three sets of earbuds with no success. Some are downright painful and others hinder the sound quality. I KNOW there is good bass response available if I hold the bud in my ears with my fingers but the unit will not allow them to stay in place.

The unit truly suffers from not being more flexible - if I could bend the earpieces to conform to my needs this unit would be perfect.

Reception issues are no better or worse than any other bluetooth device I have used and that merely is a sad commentary on the state of bluetooth technology.

It is annoying to have to pair everytime I use, as it is listed as a trusted device in bluetooth...

Overall, 3.5 out of 5 but certainly better than anything else out there right now - looking forward to taking them to the gym.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    A post on this thread a way back suggested that jogging with Treo 650 on hip produces skips (certainly does for me) but with Treo on arm (with armband of some kind I assume) does not.

So where is this arm-band? I was unaware of one for Treo 650. I have the Seidio belt holster. Can I use 'em together? What do you folks recommend?
    -- Josh
  5.    #45  
    I feel cheated by Motorola's marketing. After ruining a different BT headset 2 yrs ago because of sweat, I was waiting for a ruggedized design for my exercise. This seemed to fit the bill, but does not.

I would have continued with my wired Bose for casual use until a suitable BT headset was available. But S9 is not it. I am keeping mine (after exchanging it 3 times), but I am using it at work, shopping, etc., not its original intended purpose: while biking.

And yes, it is not the most comfortable design. I agree with Tedcousens: if the stems had been flexible, maybe we could have fitted it better. This thing screams for some comfortable ear-gels.

On a hopeful note, my complains to Motorola may be of some hel. They have asked for my phone # and may call me to address the issues (I have no idea how ...).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Keep us posted aprasad. I bought mine for biking and have used it a few times. No issues yet but it may be a matter of time.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    I feel cheated by Motorola's marketing. After ruining a different BT headset 2 yrs ago because of sweat, I was waiting for a ruggedized design for my exercise. This seemed to fit the bill, but does not.

I would have continued with my wired Bose for casual use until a suitable BT headset was available. But S9 is not it. I am keeping mine (after exchanging it 3 times), but I am using it at work, shopping, etc., not its original intended purpose: while biking.

And yes, it is not the most comfortable design. I agree with Tedcousens: if the stems had been flexible, maybe we could have fitted it better. This thing screams for some comfortable ear-gels.

On a hopeful note, my complains to Motorola may be of some hel. They have asked for my phone # and may call me to address the issues (I have no idea how ...).
    YES!! Aprasad! You go!! Keep us appraised- it wouldnt take much to make the S9 a truly wonderful product - if only for the reception issues...

Roi Batty

I have had mine for a month and I use them daily at the gym for my 3 mile runs and during my weight routine.

pros:
    1) Light weight.
    2) Battery seems to last more than 4 hours
    3) Recharges quickly
    4) Looks good
    5) Is comfortable in and over the ear
    6) Doesn't get in the way while jogging, biking, benching, rowing, or during lat pull downs, ab crunches etc....
    7) buttons are easy to use
    8) caller is heard easily
    9) The sound is clean and clear with a good acoustic range

cons:
    1) I have to refresh or repair the connection every other day!
    2) Callers complain of background noise and sound quality,,,,,,what ,,,,,, what,,,,,dammit James take me off blue-tooth!
    3) The rubber ear pieces come loose from the headphones to easily. I have had to stop a dozen times to pick one up off the floor.

I like them but I'm sick of the fact that it takes me 15 minutes of turning then on and off, repair, refresh, reset just to get them to play music! It does this with the home computer and with my TyTN II.
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 11/28/2007 at 02:24 PM.
  9.    #49  
    Try this.

Turn on S9 first. Leave everything else off. After about 1 min (or 2), the S9 will time out and beep.

Now turn on the BT on your other device(s) and run SAG. You'll need to enter 0000 again, but after that, all features will work correctly.

I do this everytime I use the S9.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I'll also chime in here. What device are using? I had a Sprint Treo 700p until a couple of weeks ago and experienced just about all of your issues. But now I have a Centro, and pretty much all of my connection problems have gone away. The S9's connect every time (and much quicker than with my 700p), calls transfer perfectly, and Pocket Tunes resumes automatically after a call. I know this doesn't help people w/700p's (I feel your pain!), but I think it may be the case that (for most of the problems), it's the fault of the phone, not necessarily the S9's...
  11.    #51  
    I agree completely. The S9 behaves like a charm with my wife's Motorola KRZR. I'll blame the BT implementation on Palm devices first.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Thanks Aprasad, I'll try your recommendations.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    sadly, mine finally went on the fritz today, control and volume buttons are all shorted and inoperable. Worse, I bought mine through eBay so I don't think I can return it- does Best Buy do exchanges without receipt? I would doubt it...

Roi Batty

nope...MOT needs a receipt too. My 3rd pair may have fritzed out yesterday. Volume buttons weren't working...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    sux to be an S9 owner- I would buy something diff tomorrow if it worked better- back to the dongle and sony yellow sports earphones...

Roi Batty

Quote Originally Posted by tedcousens View Post
    sadly, mine finally went on the fritz today, control and volume buttons are all shorted and inoperable. Worse, I bought mine through eBay so I don't think I can return it- does Best Buy do exchanges without receipt? I would doubt it...

i bought mine on ebay too and Motorola ok'd the replacement... it was a "new" item on the auction. Just got the RMA and about to send it.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    I see a "Version 2" advertised on Amazon- anyone know the diff between the original and the new one? Or is it just 2.) BT -- also Moto is releasing an S9-HD - whats that all about?

Roi Batty

I am on my second replacement and now today the volume buttons shorted out on my S9 same as the last pair. These things are crap! How long does at&t warrenty these things for? I am 10 months from the original purchase. Is there something better out there? Dont buy Motorolla S9!!!
  19.    #59  
    These claim to be specifically designed to resist moisture.

http://www.jaybirdgear.com/jaybird-w...s-overview.php

I have seen no definitive post on how they work with SAG.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Welp at&t gave me a new S9. It is a 1 year warranty. So now I'm on my 3rd pair.

I peeled back the rubber over the volume control which popped open very easily and the wiring is just right there,,,,,,, The only thing covering the wires keeping them from moisture is a thin sticky piece of rubber. No wonder the volume controls shoot craps so quickly.

Maybe one of those jogger headbands would help to keep sweat off the headphones.....
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast