1.    #1  
    I am wanting to get some software that is just a fairly simple, stable, video player for my 680.
    It doesn't have to do everything in the world, I just need something that will play alot of the videos that I get as attachments to e-mails. Most are WMV, maybe a few other types.
    Is there a good player that any of you would suggest?
    I don't mind spending a little money on it, I just need something simple that will get the job done.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    TCPMP! aka The Core Pocket Media Player!

free, simple, codec support. skins too! its a must have on every Palm device. I also have pTunes for music, and Kinoma for streaming radio, podcasts, and video (rare use).
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by fishera View Post
    TCPMP! aka The Core Pocket Media Player!

free, simple, codec support. skins too! its a must have on every Palm device. I also have pTunes for music, and Kinoma for streaming radio, podcasts, and video (rare use).
    OK, I went to a download site, tried to download it from my phone browser, & got a message saying my device doesn't support this type of file, I went ahead and downloaded it (to the card), & now it doesn't show up in applications, or anywhere else. I don't know where it went.
    I downloaded the zip file to my computer, but I can't figure out how to get it all on the phone. I unzipped it, & there are a BUNCh of folders there.
    Do I just drag all the folders into my quick install window? & sync them all?

HELP??? is there a mobile site that I can go to on my phone, and just download straight to it from there???

HELP ANYONE?????
  4.    #4  
    OK, UPDATE.... I got the media player installed. (figured that much out) do I need to install all of the plug ins that came with the download also??
    Or will just the one main download work fine?

ALSO.. is there a way to make TCPMP the default media player for my treo?
    Like if I download a video from an e-mail, it will automatically come up in the TCPMP player, and not the default player that come on the phone? (they never seem to be able to be played on it)
    Of for instance, if I go to my media files, and tap a video I have saved, can it be set to just play on TCPMP only?
    Last edited by ILBandit; 06/13/2007 at 10:31 PM.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    Yes, you need to install the plugins also. they are the codecs.

im not sure about that. i know the latest kinoma has a default setting that sets it as the default player.

does anyone know of an app out there for the Palm OS that will allow you to choose default apps for certain file formats? its usually dependent on the app, right?

you might be better going into TCPMP and selection Open File. and then navigating to it...
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+