Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Has anyone played with this? I just stumbled acrossed it today and installed it. Supports MSN, AIM, Yahoo. But only a single login per services (doesn't but me, but I know it's a deal killer for some). I've installed it and am playing with it. We'll see how it goes

Have to figure out the feature set as I haven't really found anything on it yet
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    is it Java or Palm OS Garnet native?

I love munduIM!
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Can you post a link to it? I'd like to check it out.
    go to media net. then mail & messaging, then mobile im
    jb
    Blackberry Curve 8310
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Yeah, what he said
    media net|mail & messaging|mobile IM

so, it does background. I tested it against my aim without any issues. It only uses preconfigured sounds which is kind of annoying. I don't want the darn aim sound when I get an IM on my Treo. I can't verify if it's SMS only or SMS and data, but I assume it's SMS only. I can check tomorrow when data updates on OLA. That doesn't affect me too much.

no issues/crashes/hangs so far after 4 hours. I haven't tried Mundo yet. Still squeezing every last minute out with Verichat. However with SMS background not working for me anymore, it's kind of a bummer
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    is it palm os native?
    Aaron M. Fisher

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    It is a native app. I'm not sure it uses SMS at all, actually. I think it is all data. When running in the background it just pops up an alert window from the app. I didn't see anything in my SMS message list. All data is fine with me, though.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Hmm, if I didn't already have Mundu this would be handy. But you can't do conference chats. Anyhow, nice that they offer it! Palm should have done so themselves.
    I did a little reading on this last night on the att website. I think they charge you everytime you send or receive a message. 15 like a text.
    jb
    Blackberry Curve 8310
    I don't think that's right. It uses rate plan data. If you have unlimited, then there's no per use charge for it.

https://cingular.atgnow.com/cng/tutorials/KB57806.html
    Okay, I see why they mention the $0.15 per message fee.

http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/me...-messaging.jsp

That's if you don't already have a data plan, though. They point you to a MEdia bundle for better rates, which just means a data plan. So a data plan covers your usage.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keleko View Post
    Okay, I see why they mention the $0.15 per message fee.

http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/me...-messaging.jsp

That's if you don't already have a data plan, though. They point you to a MEdia bundle for better rates, which just means a data plan. So a data plan covers your usage.
    No, this totally sucks, don't use it:
    A. Yes, you will be charged for each message that you send or receive. Whether you receive a text message, or an instant message, the cost is $0.15 per message. For a better value, sign-up for a MEdia Bundle.
    It does use SMS to send/receive. I have an unlimited data plan w/ 200 SMS per month for $20. I can use Mundu and it's all data plan, but Cingular's app would consider each message as an SMS.

Much better to spend the $11 for Mundu and get all the extra features than use Cingular's 'free' app.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    This is my plan, even with my 200 messages IM is still 5 cents additional!

MEdia(TM) Max 200 Bundle
    UNLIMITED: Cellular Video & MEdia™ Net. Plus 200 Text, Video, Picture, Instant Messages (5cents/add'l).

*Monthly Price $19.99
    here's file for those who would like
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Do everything you wanna do in life, if it's something you'll regret in the morning...Sleep Late!
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    I am going to get the MEdia Max 1500 bundle from AT&T when I switch.
    Unlimited internet and 1500 txts. good enough, i have only sent 3,500 txts since i got my 650 a year ago. so 1500 a month should be fine.

munduIM for the internet all the way, I have used it a little on my friends 755p and it is amazing! once i switch to att i shall get it, cuz then i can use my data with it!
    Aaron M. Fisher

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    well, I had an odd bug. Haven't tried to reproduce it yet though.

had 2 incoming IMs via AIM. I was trying to reply to one of them, but it kept sending the message to the other conversation. I tried it a couple of different ways, but 4 messages went to the non-active conversation.

I'll keep it for those times that verichat freaks out on me, but it's still a work in progress.

oh well, what do you want for free
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    toccer is free too! lol it does via internet tho. I wish toccer had a better interface and SMS support. i'd load it onto every one of my friends treo's! most of em are missing an AIM app.
    Aaron M. Fisher

PDA/ Smartphones: