1.    #1  
    Recently, I noticed that any email sent TO my Sprint 700p's txt message email alias (phone#@messaging.sprintpcs.com) are showing up with an additional special field on the screen:

[phone icon] Call back: ####

where #### is some 4 digit number.

This did not happen before.

I have the 700p MR installed.. but I'm not sure if this is the result of the MR, a Sprint change, or something else.

Anybody else have this behavior on their 700p?
    I noticed that as well.

EDIT: Yes, on sprint and have the MR.
    Last edited by krock; 06/13/2007 at 09:16 PM.
    yep.
  3.    #3  
    Do you have the MR installed? Are you on Sprint as well?
    I have noticed the same thing. It is annoying because I no longer have the "Delete" button.
    I use my 700p as a pager via email-SMS, have done for a long time now. I have not noticed this change, I still have the "Delete" button and sometimes even press it by accident

The "Callback" button was present before the MR as I remember. When I press this one, the email client opens with the address of the original sender on a blank email.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  6.    #6  
    Yes, I find it very annoying as well.

When this change happened, I still intuitively selected the button where "Delete" used to be.. only to find my Treo dialing the random 4 digit number instead!
    Not related to the MR at all since it happened to me and I have not installed the MR.
    I have the callback number box, but I haven't lost the delete button. With the MR.
  9.    #9  
    Looks like this is a Sprint change.

As far as the delete button goes, I'm referring to the actual alert screen when you receive an incoming message. You'll notice that the delete button is missing there for the emailed sms messages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treosized View Post
    Looks like this is a Sprint change.

As far as the delete button goes, I'm referring to the actual alert screen when you receive an incoming message. You'll notice that the delete button is missing there for the emailed sms messages.
    I know the alert screen you are alluding to, the "Delete" button is still present on my Treo after the MR.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Great! Some people have the "alternate" alert screen and others do not? I did not notice the alternate alert screen until after I had applied the MR. I cannot say for sure it was a direct result, however.
    Just got one. The new alert screen shows: "OK", "Reply", "Call Back", "Go To Msg" buttons. This message was a "Y-Alert" from Yahoo! It is possible Yahoo! has changed something, or Sprint has changed something. However, I did not notice this version of the alert screen for the Yahoo! alerts before I installed the MR.

The "Call back:" number is a four digit number. Is this a valid SMS ID? It certainly is not a valid telephone number.
    Last edited by chodaboy; 06/14/2007 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Added more info.
    OK, I got another Yahoo! Y-Alert and pressed the "Reply" button. I was taken to the SMS conversation (?) screen. ALL of the Y-Alert messages where there as though Yahoo! and I had engaged in a conversation.

My guess is the "alternate screen" is the correct incoming SMS alert screen when there is a call back number. For some reason, the Yahoo! alerts are showing up with a call back number now.
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    Just got one. The new alert screen shows: "OK", "Reply", "Call Back", "Go To Msg" buttons. This message was a "Y-Alert" from Yahoo! It is possible Yahoo! has changed something, or Sprint has changed something. However, I did not notice this version of the alert screen for the Yahoo! alerts before I installed the MR.

The "Call back:" number is a four digit number. Is this a valid SMS ID? It certainly is not a valid telephone number.
    This was so pre-MR: when the SMS is sent from an email, you get an alert screen with three buttons - [OK] [CALL BACK] [DELETE]. When the SMS is sent from another phone. you get the other screen: [OK] [REPLY] [CALL BACK] [GO TO MSG].

If you get an SMS via email and press the [CALL BACK] button, this opens the email client and inserts the original email address where the SMS was sent into the TO: field.

Has always worked like that.

15.    #15  
    All my received emailed sms messages (see my original post) today no longer show the

[phone icon]Call Back: ####

field.

Consequently, I've gotten the delete button back instead of call back on the alert screen.

Looks like Sprint goofed up something on their side for several days and it just got fixed. No software changes or resets. And I didn't call Sprint.

For the record, I've owned the Treo 600, 650, and 700p on Sprint - so I'm very familiar with the sms application and its onscreen buttons. This was definitely some weird fluky behavior!
    Quote Originally Posted by Treosized View Post
    All my received emailed sms messages (see my original post) today no longer show the

[phone icon]Call Back: ####

field.

Consequently, I've gotten the delete button back instead of call back on the alert screen.

Looks like Sprint goofed up something on their side for several days and it just got fixed. No software changes or resets. And I didn't call Sprint.

For the record, I've owned the Treo 600, 650, and 700p on Sprint - so I'm very familiar with the sms application and its onscreen buttons. This was definitely some weird fluky behavior!
    I can confirm. I am receiving the "old" screen again. Hooray!
    Weird, never experienced any pre or post-MR change in behavior on my SMS alert screen... could this be regional - I am in Texas.