Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Hello,

I've searched the forums and while I'm pretty sure of the answer, I didn't know if I missed something. I have a Sprint 700p, I successfully installed the MR, and I also have Good installed (4.9.3.34_EN). If I do a soft reset, I can go to the Messaging app, start typing a name in the "To" field, and it will do the auto search of my Palm contacts. As soon as Good starts up, if I go to the Messaging app and start typing in the "To" field, it does nothing. I have to either hope the user is in my recent texting history or use the "Lookup Contacts" option. I am currently using the uninstall of the Good Contacts app method to force the Treo to use the Palm contacts, but that did nothing for the Messaging app. Is this another Good "bug", should the uninstall of the Good Contacts app have rectified this, or is there something I missed that will fix this?
    I think the messaging app uses the default contact database and, since Good is now the default contact database, it can't work. I had a similar problem when I was using KeyContacts and I don't believe there was a resolution.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Figured as much. I thought that deleting the Good Contacts app (or doing the creator rename) made the Palm Contacts the default database though? I guess my issue is that since it works before Good initiates, it seems like there is something else within Good that is affecting how the Treo handles contacts, even though in my case, the Good Contacts app is gone...