1.    #1  
    I use xWeather to get my weather updated. I know you can add your own maps/images to the program. I am trying to figure out if it is possible to add a map that shows hurricanes and hurrcane tracking. Ideally I am looking for an image that contains the expected path cone.

I would like to use a general map, rather than one that is specific to any given hurricane, so that I can check it regularly without having to change the url. I live in Florida, so it would be nice to have.

Anyone have any ideas for a map/website to use?

Thanks!

Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by cjvitek View Post
    I use xWeather to get my weather updated. I know you can add your own maps/images to the program. I am trying to figure out if it is possible to add a map that shows hurricanes and hurrcane tracking. Ideally I am looking for an image that contains the expected path cone.

I would like to use a general map, rather than one that is specific to any given hurricane, so that I can check it regularly without having to change the url. I live in Florida, so it would be nice to have.

Anyone have any ideas for a map/website to use?

Thanks!

Chris
    I've wondered the same thing. The default maps aren't very detailed and it would be nice to get some closer images of the the city you're watching.
    any map you ad must be a jpeg. it can't be a gif.
    just right click on the map you are viewing on your destop and go down to properties-it should tell you whether it's a jpeg or gif.
    good luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    apart from being a jpeg, the image must also be 50kb or less. some sites have small and large versions of the same images so its worth scouring the plethora of weather oriented websites.

scott from Moxsi was promising upcoming support for a greater variety of image types in XW earlier this year, and also international support, but from the Moxsi forum it seems like his attention is focussed elsewhere for the present. rumor has it that he even has a life.

there's a recent thread on Hurricane tracking there.

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by TRgEOff View Post
    apart from being a jpeg, the image must also be 50kb or less. some sites have small and large versions of the same images so its worth scouring the plethora of weather oriented websites.

scott from Moxsi was promising upcoming support for a greater variety of image types in XW earlier this year, and also international support, but from the Moxsi forum it seems like his attention is focussed elsewhere for the present. rumor has it that he even has a life.

there's a recent thread on Hurricane tracking there.

cheers
    The help file says jpeg less than 62 kb.